Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Dyno Don's Headers

Old 02-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Supreme Member

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Car: 1989 IrocZ
Engine: 421 Dart Stroker
Transmission: 4L60E Cahall Performance Built
Axle/Gears: Midwest Chassis Fab 9/ 3.55 gears
Re: Dyno Don's Headers

Don , I didnt forget to mention anything. I never heard back from they guy who I sold them to to see if they fit correctly. You also forgot to mention you blamed my motor mounts which I went and bought original gm motor mounts to the tune of $260 because you said my mounts must be off. Its easy for someone like you to say its not a perfect world when your on the recieving end of money. Remember I paid you you didnt pay me. You made no attempts to make it right and I smashed the pipe after months of you ignoring me. If you want to blame it on the imperfect world thats fine , but when my moneys involved and you got paid , you need to come up with a better response than "Oh well thats life", lol. I still feel if your selling a product here you should be paying advertiser rates like everyone else. A real buisness that claims taxes on product sold takes credit cards and disputes are handled the correct way. Anyway I have let it go. Others just wanted info on the situation, I gave it. Ill never do a mo transaction again. I assume thats for tax purposes........ Take care
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 G92 IROC-Z
Engine: 5 Liter 305
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Dude, as an Auto Tech for GM, I can tell you every once in a while even factory exhaust parts fit weird. Same exact part... Same exact car (or truck ), just some of them are "different" in the right spots. Not necessarily "wrong" per say, just different. As if the 2 "don't agree: just the right way for me to lose "my precious" flag hours....lol HVAC tubing, transmission dip tubes, oil level indicator tubes and exhaust components are just that way among a few other things. Im not taking either side here, and Im not saying mistakes on both sides werent made. All Im saying is Don makes the exhaust in a jig im sure, and your car has been (as previously stated by yourself) has been played with numerous times so there's really no telling what the deal was. I wish you would have NOT used a hammer (seriously though?) on an expensive exhaust because then Don could have sent you another Y to "TRY". Even if you had to wait for it. I seriously want to try a set of these on an LB9 T5 car.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:35 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, 355" LT1, LT1
Transmission: T5, Zf6, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, Dana44 3.45, 3.23

Originally Posted by TxTtopZ
Dude, as an Auto Tech for GM, I can tell you every once in a while even factory exhaust parts fit weird. Same exact part... Same exact car (or truck ), just some of them are "different" in the right spots. Not necessarily "wrong" per say, just different. As if the 2 "don't agree: just the right way for me to lose "my precious" flag hours....lol HVAC tubing, transmission dip tubes, oil level indicator tubes and exhaust components are just that way among a few other things. Im not taking either side here, and Im not saying mistakes on both sides werent made. All Im saying is Don makes the exhaust in a jig im sure, and your car has been (as previously stated by yourself) has been played with numerous times so there's really no telling what the deal was. I wish you would have NOT used a hammer (seriously though?) on an expensive exhaust because then Don could have sent you another Y to "TRY". Even if you had to wait for it. I seriously want to try a set of these on an LB9 T5 car.
Have you ever made headers in a jig?

I have.

They move. I TIG welded up my turbo manifold, 304 stainless steel, unbolted it from my jig/test motor. Went to put it in the car and it was way off. Had to make cuts and re-do sections.

It happens. When you make headers you have to make sure you have plenty of clearances so that if the collector moves 1/4" it won't cause the y-pipe to hit the oil pan, or the frame.

It doesn't really matter anyway. If you're looking for 1 3/4" headers, the best bang for the buck are the offshore stainless headers on ebay. They fit just fine, they are made out of 16 gauge 304 stainless, the weld quality is superior to anything I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of headers), they won't fade and chip like ceramic coated headers in a year. I think they are like $300-350.

Even the "shorty" offshore stainless headers are under $200, clear the steering shaft and everything, and are superior build quality. You'll need to make a y-pipe.

-- Joe
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Don's Headers-d_shorty.jpg  
Old 02-22-2014, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by anesthes
Have you ever made headers in a jig?

I have.

They move. I TIG welded up my turbo manifold, 304 stainless steel, unbolted it from my jig/test motor. Went to put it in the car and it was way off. Had to make cuts and re-do sections.

It happens. When you make headers you have to make sure you have plenty of clearances so that if the collector moves 1/4" it won't cause the y-pipe to hit the oil pan, or the frame.

It doesn't really matter anyway. If you're looking for 1 3/4" headers, the best bang for the buck are the offshore stainless headers on ebay. They fit just fine, they are made out of 16 gauge 304 stainless, the weld quality is superior to anything I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of headers), they won't fade and chip like ceramic coated headers in a year. I think they are like $300-350.

Even the "shorty" offshore stainless headers are under $200, clear the steering shaft and everything, and are superior build quality. You'll need to make a y-pipe.

-- Joe
Im not taking either side here, and Im not saying mistakes on both sides werent made. - quote from previous post says it all
Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Supreme Member

Being a Gm tech is nice, my father has been since 79, and? Look here is my experience yours may differ. I have no horse in this race so why would I make up stories. I had fitment issues, I emailed him about my issues and I had one on my end , clamshells were swapped pass to driver and I had poly mounts. I bought correct clamshells and brand new gm mounts ($$$) reinstalled and the y pipe still hit and pass header was about 1/4 off frame rail +collector was almost touching frame rail as well. After spending the money to get the correct parts and still issues , I emailed him the situation. At no point for months did he ever offer to swap anything out until months later and the information in this post. Not once. I sent him a Mo for over 700 so I was a little ticked off, follow me? I paid $899 for the stainless works headers and they are quality. 304 stainless not 409 . Flanges are so cut so straight and flat you dont even use gaskets, just silicone. My point of this whole ordeal is when someone has your money they could care less at that point. If it was a leg buisness transaction a charge back would have happened asap. This is not about headers not fitting its about how a problem was ignored because someone was already paid and I had no recourse because of payment method. Mo is used for one purpose unlike paypal or cc. You get your money and there is no record of it to tie to taxes. Plus payee has no recourse. Ill never use a MO again trust me..
Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 1983 BB 1995 Z28 Camaro's
Engine: 454-350
Transmission: TH350-4l60e
Axle/Gears: 373 posi-Stock

Don, I have been looking for a set of headers for my 1983 454 B.B. Camaro. As far as my research goes I have only found one set. I beleive the part # was h2226. Just wondering if you have anything, or any kits were I could build my own. Thanks in advance. Edward.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by IROCZ1989
Being a Gm tech is nice, my father has been since 79, and? Look here is my experience yours may differ. I have no horse in this race so why would I make up stories. I had fitment issues, I emailed him about my issues and I had one on my end , clamshells were swapped pass to driver and I had poly mounts. I bought correct clamshells and brand new gm mounts ($$$) reinstalled and the y pipe still hit and pass header was about 1/4 off frame rail +collector was almost touching frame rail as well. After spending the money to get the correct parts and still issues , I emailed him the situation. At no point for months did he ever offer to swap anything out until months later and the information in this post. Not once. I sent him a Mo for over 700 so I was a little ticked off, follow me? I paid $899 for the stainless works headers and they are quality. 304 stainless not 409 . Flanges are so cut so straight and flat you dont even use gaskets, just silicone. My point of this whole ordeal is when someone has your money they could care less at that point. If it was a leg buisness transaction a charge back would have happened asap. This is not about headers not fitting its about how a problem was ignored because someone was already paid and I had no recourse because of payment method. Mo is used for one purpose unlike paypal or cc. You get your money and there is no record of it to tie to taxes. Plus payee has no recourse. Ill never use a MO again trust me..
And? And I was simply applying some insight but since your money is gone and your product was deemed unusable there is a horse in this race. No matter what you say.
The ONLY reason and I mean ONLY I have interest in this subject is because I am seriously looking into a set of these for my own car. I am interested in the outcome just as much as you are. The thing I am not happy about is the fact that you sold the pieces after altering them so now the cause cannot be identified. It was off right? HOW? WHERE? At the collector, primary, flanges or was it the actual Y pipe?? ANY one of them can cause the issue. We will never know. You cannot send them back, he can not mock them back up and recheck them and they will never be fixed. Cause, never identified. Bottom line, It's going nowhere which is even frustrating for me. And im just a consumer who wants the best. At almost a grand I feel your pain, but your the ONLY person I personally have heard of that has had this (if any) issues. Everyone else seems to love them.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

Originally Posted by TxTtopZ
..... At almost a grand I feel your pain, but your the ONLY person I personally have heard of that has had this (if any) issues. Everyone else seems to love them.
I spent OVER a grand on this fiasco, did you happen to miss my experience in this thread ?? The proof is pictured for all to see - not sure how you missed it.

< Removed text >

Last edited by John in RI; 02-22-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Edit: quit beating a dead horse........
Old 02-22-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by John in RI
I spent OVER a grand on this fiasco, did you happen to miss my experience in this thread ?? The proof is pictured for all to see - not sure how you missed it.

< Removed text >

I didn't read your post, so this is all news to me. Im just now hearing bad press and those headers have been around quite a while. The actual post DID make it to my inbox, and let me say that calling me names over the internet half a country away is chicken ****. If you have a problem you can come to Texas and I will happily bust your A$$ for ya. Multiple tours as 11B with a Stryker brigade doing MOUT operations while you were sitting on your cush lazy ***... you can bet I can do **** to you that you never thought of. Tough guy.

On second thought, you stay up there and continue to pick fights just like your doing. Did you even stop to think that in this day and age someone may actually show up to your door step and finish what you started? you look for trouble and you WILL find it. Dumbass.

You know to all who are reading this, I am really getting sick of the attitude that some have on this site. I was looking for information and suddenly BAM! Someone gets personal like they can walk over ANYONE. Do people not realize that a certain level of courtesy should be shown at least until the truth is revealed? Slashing throats at a glance with no respect for others (others who have the same car and share enthusiasm at that) is beyond words. Most of us just want to do this peacefully and not deal with individuals hell bent on being idiots. I WISH this site would hire someone to come in here and straighten it out. I'd maybe even be willing to be a paying supporter then.

Last edited by TxTtopZ; 02-22-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typical TGO BS.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts
Car: '90 Trans Am-12.45@110.71
Engine: 355 w/AFR 195's Elem. 400/430 HP/TQ
Transmission: Tremec T-56
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt 3.73

John did have a couple of issues with fitment, I made a couple of different left side headers for him and offered to exchange them with him and he declined the offer.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 PM

Don, all I can say is that if you are hand making these and offering assistance when they dont quite work out... Thats all you can do. I heard about these complaints and just wanted to see if you were supporting your product. Thats all I wanted to see. Thread closed.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

I called someone ELSE a "dip-stick" and YOU are talking about showing up on my doorstep; That's funny,... and quite sad.

My DIRECT response to your post is what remains posted.

My response to the "DIP STICK" that scrached open an old scab wound was < removed > from my post because I felt that beating this dead horse was a fools errand.

Throwing around threats,..... from 1/2 way across the country - CLASSY.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Supreme Member

Look Im not somone who want s to wait the whole summer to get something corrected. Parts didnt fit ...end of story. Don was of no help , I had no headers and car was sitting in garage for two months doing jack ****. So I swallowed my loss and bought a set of hawks headers. You looking for a set try hawks or try Dons I dont care either way but you want feedback there is mine. Idk where it was off Don never offered to swap unitil it was too late. I mean get real here, I pay don over 700 then I cough up another 900 buying another set. Can you blame me for being a little pissed? Cmon man I work hard for my money it doesnt grow on trees. You ever lay hot asphalt in the summer for months on end? I do and it burns my *** to work all those hours and someone just not give a rats *** about my issues. Check out hawks long tubes. Dons headers look good but quality wise hawks blows them away all day long. Best welds I have ever seen on a header. And there 304 not 409. Think about where Im comming from before you tell me Im just complaining without a cause.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Supreme Member

Darren:
I did everything I could for you being this far away, I tried to answer all your questions.
Just because you didn't like the answers and you weren't able to solve the issues yourself, continuing to whine is just making you look worse.
I meaning really, can't you see how bad you look, somebody else was able to put them their car and they fit.
Get over it man and move on.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Who ended up buying them when they didn't fit his car?

-- Joe
Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Supreme Member

How do we know they didn't fit?

How many times have you tried to help someone on these forums and they just couldn't grasp what you were saying?

He says I didn't try to help him, do you "believe" that?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans am GTA
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: t56 6 speed

I think the fact that this is literally the first complaint I've heard about Don's headers and his service out of god knows how long they've been around makes it easy for me to decide what to believe. I personally can't wait to get the cash saved up to buy a pair of your headers and Y-pipe.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by Dyno Don
How do we know they didn't fit?

How many times have you tried to help someone on these forums and they just couldn't grasp what you were saying?

He says I didn't try to help him, do you "believe" that?
I believe he had a problem. I believe he reached out to you. I believe you gave him suggestions like motor mounts. I don't think that is up for debate, is it?

I looked at the picture of John's. No question they hit. I'm curious why.

I know you've owned a shop for decades, so you know as well as I do these cars have some pretty hairy tolerances to contend with when building parts. What might be 1/4" of clearance on one car, is complete contact on another. Which is why you have to build as much clearance as possible into the design when making parts like this.

I think some folks have accused your headers of being different from set to set (quality control issue). I'm not 100% convinced that is the case, especially since you're using mild steel and apparently mig welding them so I doubt they are warping during the build process. I suspect your initial design simply doesn't have enough clearance for every single thirdgen out there. I know at one point you said you changed the routing of some tubes for clearance issues. Perhaps you've already fixed the problem.

The one thing that I think you are not fully understanding is the position of the unsatisfied customer. Your headers are the most expensive shorty headers currently available for a thirdgen. When someone pays over $600 for headers they expect to have zero problems, and when they do have problems and are told to start making changes to the car people get upset.

I've purchased plenty of things over the years that needed a grind or weld to make it work. But expensive ceramic coated headers are not one of those things.

-- Joe

-- Joe
Old 02-26-2014, 05:43 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by Firechicken86
I think the fact that this is literally the first complaint I've heard about Don's headers and his service out of god knows how long they've been around makes it easy for me to decide what to believe. I personally can't wait to get the cash saved up to buy a pair of your headers and Y-pipe.
Actually John from RI, Fronzizzle, IROCZ1989, GWW, Rich92RS are the ones off the top of my head.

I know most of those guys replaced the motor mounts as recommended and still had problems.

All had the same problem, if I recall, the driver side hitting the frame near the control arm mount.

A lot of people say Don's are based on the SLP 1 3/4" headers, but if you look at the driver side of an SLP (here is one of mine):

Then you look at dons:

You will see the SLP's are much tighter. One might argue that Don's collector merge is a better design in terms of flow, but obviously leaves less clearance overall.

For comparison sake, this is a stainless 1 5/8" header in the same area:

This header sweeps far back. The SLP sweeps back, and has a serious angle on the collector.

Don's attempt to almost shoot straight down. Again, these would provide better flow but to guarantee fitment on every thirdgen they should be swept back another 3/4", the angle changed on the collector, and y-pipe changed:

-- Joe
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Supreme Member

Thanks Joe for at least seeing where Im comming from here. Telling me I cannot grasp the concept... ok if you say so. Like Joe said Im not about to modify coated headers. They were close, guy who bought them I fully explained the issues I was having. Y pipe didnt fit. Every car is different. He may have modified it or made a new y pipe. I never heard back. Im very attentive to detail. So I look bad for complaining about spending money on headers that dont fit? Really? I think you look worse for selling on these forums all these years and not paying a dime to advertise like most other buisness here that swallow that cost. When I had my issues and ordered hawks units I actually spoke to the owner and relayed my issues to him about my experience. He was kind of dumfounded as he was going to carry your units but said you could not meet the demand. I just complain for the hell of it. I saw Johns car in person because I purchased some parts off him and saw the issues he had on the two cars he had them on, guess Im making that up too. I have all the emails because like most hotmail inboxes I never get around to erasing anything. Dont come here and sell your product under the radar and tell a paying customer to suck wind. You dont pay advertiser rates and Im sure as hell you dont pay any taxes to CA on those transactions out of state. So your ahead of the game. If you have sold so many , litterly hundreds of sets I would think you could have taken back one set to swap out. Greed get the best of you or something like that? Send me $700 if its nothing to complain about... thought so. I ended up selling the set for 400 so I lost about 375 on the whole ordeal plus time down. Is that how you operate? I was never nasty in my emails never threatning, just trying to get it corrected. I spent the money on new motor mounts so there would be no issues. What did you think I should do or what did you expect me to do next, just go away? You said yourself nothing is perfect in life, guess Dons still batting a 1000, his headers are never not perfect....
Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Supreme Member

I'm not sure I want to justify your remarks with a comment but here goes.

First you say I never tried to help you with the issues...that's a LIE

You say you paid $200 for a motor mounts after I suggested you check
them for the same issues others have had...
(that's a bit of a stretch )

Then you accuse me of saying your car is screwed up
just because I ask you to check things out...nice!

you said they didn't seem to fit right so you bash them with a hammer...
then you come here and bash me

Then you put them on the classifieds trying to sell them
as stainless... another LIE

An easier way to resolve this...short of me flying back there to check it out...

A straight thinking individual would have wrote me and said (as others have done)

"Hey Don I think something is wrong here, I'm going
to send the Y-pipe back and have you check it out before I do anything else.
If there is something wrong on your end please advise and take care of it
and pay the shipping both ways, I would appreciate it."

I retired 15 years ago, I do this to help the 3rd gen community.
If anybody can find a 1 3/4" set of shortys made by someone else go for it!

So to you young man "I say grow up and get on with your life."
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 88 Firebird Formula
Engine: LO5 5.7 TBI/Ebl Flash
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 stock rear end

Originally Posted by anesthes
Actually John from RI, Fronzizzle, IROCZ1989, GWW, Rich92RS are the ones off the top of my head.

I know most of those guys replaced the motor mounts as recommended and still had problems.

All had the same problem, if I recall, the driver side hitting the frame near the control arm mount.

A lot of people say Don's are based on the SLP 1 3/4" headers, but if you look at the driver side of an SLP (here is one of mine):

Then you look at dons:

You will see the SLP's are much tighter. One might argue that Don's collector merge is a better design in terms of flow, but obviously leaves less clearance overall.

For comparison sake, this is a stainless 1 5/8" header in the same area:

This header sweeps far back. The SLP sweeps back, and has a serious angle on the collector.

Don's attempt to almost shoot straight down. Again, these would provide better flow but to guarantee fitment on every thirdgen they should be swept back another 3/4", the angle changed on the collector, and y-pipe changed:

-- Joe
*gulps* this is scary!! Im about to order Dyno Don's Headers (With AIR) and also his full dual cats Y pipe set up(With extra Y pipes after cats), but very hesitant to spend $900 after reading this..... I hope my car isnt "one of those thirdgens" that dont fit. Is there any way i can take measurements on my car before purchasing?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:50 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by Ghettobird52
*gulps* this is scary!! Im about to order Dyno Don's Headers (With AIR) and also his full dual cats Y pipe set up(With extra Y pipes after cats), but very hesitant to spend $900 after reading this..... I hope my car isnt "one of those thirdgens" that dont fit. Is there any way i can take measurements on my car before purchasing?
What is his return policy? I buy parts from summit, if I don't like the fit I return them. As long as I don't scratch, dent, or get them dirty it's not a problem. I suspect Don has similar policies.

Buy 'em, and if they don't fit send 'em back.

-- Joe
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Supreme Member

Well Don guess you have short term memory loss. I did email you and when I was having issues as well as John in ri, we found it funny we were asking for info to clear things up and you were responding to other posters here asking for prices on a set of headers....I have all the emails . Funny I email you dont hear from you for a week and your posting here responding to others asking for prices. You do this to help the thirdgen community...ok ..and get paid at the same time. How bout you pay advertiser rates and really help out this board. And while your at it keep ignoring that fact when I bring it up. Your making money and helping out yourself. Quit the theatrics already. If slp hadnt quit making their shorties along time ago Id think I was looking at a carbon copy minus the solid flange. Ive sold alot of parts on here and give alot of freebies, have ate shipping time to time but stuck to my word on agreed cost no matter what comes up in the process. When things come up you make them right... end of story. What dont you get about that?????

Don a few things because maybe your getting short term memory loss in your old age. You told me they are 409 ss. I advertised them such as are they not?

I bought motor mount because I had poly mounts. You said the car you made the jig on had original mounts so to get correct height on engine in k member I bought original mounts not autozone cheapies.

I wrote you of my problems you ignored me or responded very slowly. Im not expecting same day response but sometimes it was days at a time. And during those times your responding here for new buyers.

When I send you pics of the y pipe you told me my car looks different than others youve worked on . You also said my car may have been in an accident and frame was twisted. You basically told me its on my end. You never not once and offered to take the y pipe back. It was going on two months or more. Things move that slow in CA??? I dont have time for bs and passing of the buck. I dont have time to wait weeks on end for the all knowing exhaust guru to respond back to me AFTER I paid you.

Your full of hot air. If you want to beat your chest about helping out the thirdgen community how about for one, pay for advertising to support this site that puts money in your pocket and two dont screw the few thirgen enthusiasts that enjoy these cars.

Maybe we can still teach an old dog new tricks....
Old 02-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Supreme Member

I'm not sure I want to justify your remarks with a comment but here goes.

First you say I never tried to help you with the issues...that's a LIE

You say you paid $200 for a motor mounts after I suggested you check
them for the same issues others have had...
(that's a bit of a stretch )

Then you accuse me of saying your car is screwed up
just because I ask you to check things out...nice!

you said they didn't seem to fit right so you bash them with a hammer...
then you come here and bash me

Then you put them on the classifieds trying to sell them
as stainless... another LIE

An easier way to resolve this...short of me flying back there to check it out...

A straight thinking individual would have wrote me and said (as others have done)

and pay the shipping both ways, I would appreciate it."

I retired 15 years ago, I do this to help the 3rd gen community.
If anybody can find a 1 3/4" set of shortys made by someone else go for it!

So to you young man "I say grow up and get on with your life."

So here is a guy that is your age group.

Remember before:

I asked you if you where the original Dyno Don??.

And you said NO!!.

I then asked you if you where related or associated to him in anyway?.

And again you said NO!!.

I then asked you if the headers have anything at all to do with dyno testing and asked to have those test sheets posted.

Once again you said NO!!!.

YOU SEE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH "COMPANIES" THAT EITHER IMPLY OR COPY A PERSON'S NAME TO STEAL THEIR REPUTATION!!!!!. THAT PREMISE IS A MISREPRESENTATION RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO.

NOW IN THIS SITUATION YOUR REFUSING TO HELP OUT THIS CUSTOMER AND BECAUSE HE IS YOUNGER THAN YOU,YOU CHOSE TO TALK DOWN TO HIM.OMG!!. WHAT'S NEXT??????.

Guys there is more,but I'll wrap this up in a word.Expensive,but you do get what you pay for:

LEMON HEADERS.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:49 PM

Car: 88 Iroc-Z
Engine: 355 AFR-195 FIRST Fuel Inj.
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: ??

I also had a fitment issue on the driver's side. I followed Don's suggestions and the headers fit tight but there is clearance. I am happy with my purchase.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am/85 K5 Jimmy
Engine: 406 FIRST/350 TPI
Transmission: TKO 600/700R4
Axle/Gears: 9Bolt/10Bolt front & back
Just gonna put this here...I am currently having issues with my collector flange not tightening up against the y pipe. I PM'd Don about it and he said the ball flange might have shrunk and to send it to him an he will fix it without charge and pay shipping. Yes it is a slight inconvenience, but you can't expect not to ever have any sort of problems with aftermarket parts getting installed on these cars that are a minimum of 21years old. These weren't even bought straight from him. They are second or third hand as I got them used then bought a new y pipe since the headers didn't come with a y pipe when I got them.

I say these are the best new shorty headers you can buy for these cars. And I would buy them again and again. Everyone needs to take a chill pill with the bashing it gets you nowhere and only shows arrogance and immaturity.

Last edited by dabomb6608; 02-28-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:35 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by dabomb6608
Everyone needs to take a chill pill with the bashing it gets you nowhere and only shows arrogance and immaturity.
I don't think anyone is bashing.

Things do move/shrink though. I just finished up welding a turbo header (revision 3), and the second I unbolted it from the jig it moved 1/4".

I had to bring it over to the shop press, move it, then put it on the belt sander to flaten the flanges.

-- Joe
Old 02-28-2014, 08:48 PM

Car: 87 Iroc
Engine: modified 350
Transmission: high performance built 700R4
Axle/Gears: Strange S60 3:73

never mind'

Last edited by Steve Mack; 03-03-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: delete
Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Firechicken86
So stick that all you whiners...
If I ..WAS.. running a business.... which I am not, there are lot of things I could do.
But what you all could do is grow up and stop your whining

Somebody bought the headers and they fit their car ....enough said.
Some people just can't face the facts, but they sure do know how to whine over and over and over.
Don a few things because maybe your getting short term memory loss in your old age. You told me they are 409 ss. I advertised them such as are they not?
Another LIE I never told anybody that.

That includes you Steve...just because I couldn't make your Corvette headers you come here and whine too...nice!

Last edited by Dyno Don; 02-28-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 1gary
So here is a guy that is your age group.

Remember before:

I asked you if you where the original Dyno Don??.

And you said NO!!.

I then asked you if you where related or associated to him in anyway?.

And again you said NO!!.

As for you !gary
I guess you are quite a truth bender yourself
When you asked...what I told you was the truth,
Don Nicholson and I raced together, Don lived in the city of Orange 6 blocks from my house, in our younger days we both hung out at Jardine Headers.
Check out the picture below:
That is Don Nicholson in the Maverick behind me

Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Supreme Member

When people lie about their name when getting called out on it and have to "try" to weasel their way out of it with a B.S. explanation,it is very clear what your intent is.That leaves you clearly a "poser" liar.Your creditability goes right down the pooper.If I was a family member of the real Dyno Don and found out about your actions,it would get real expensive for you in court. Old school,you don't get to lie to me twice.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Supreme Member

When your selling a product you build or assemble its called doing buisness. Again skim over that fact. You said youve sold "literally 100s of sets" . Who made those and sold those? You. Your doing a buisness on here and avoid paying the rates I guess other buisness have to swallow. Thing is you dont want acknowledge this fact because then youd have to pay. You make a product, keep 100% of proceeds and you tell me your giving back. Ok...Time for the muck boots, its getting high in here...
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1983 Daytona 500 Pace Car
Engine: CFI - 305
Transmission: Automatic-700R4

When people lie about their name when getting called out on it and have to "try" to weasel their way out of it with a B.S. explanation,it is very clear what your intent is.That leaves you clearly a "poser" liar.Your creditability goes right down the pooper.If I was a family member of the real Dyno Don and found out about your actions,it would get real expensive for you in court. Old school,you don't get to lie to me twice.
1gary,

I take it you are not a Rocket Scientist.

My name is Simo and there are more than one person in the world with the name Simo.

His nickname was probably Dyno Don before you were ever born, there can be more than one Dyno Don in this world whow knows, there may be another 1gary in it. Maybe Dyno Don Nicholson took his name from our Third Gen Don you don't know or have a clue.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by simo
1gary,

I take it you are not a Rocket Scientist.

My name is Simo and there are more than one person in the world with the name Simo.

His nickname was probably Dyno Don before you were ever born, there can be more than one Dyno Don in this world whow knows, there may be another 1gary in it. Maybe Dyno Don Nicholson took his name from our Third Gen Don you don't know or have a clue.
Actually I am of the age group that does know.(66yrs young)So this spin explanation of this poser doesn't fly.BTW, when I hard pressed him on this,he so much as admitted it.He's a lier trying to ride on the coat tails of a person who did in fact make a difference in drag racing history and his headers have nothing at all to do with dyno testing and lastly he is selling his headers on here never buying ad space which Internet Brands doesn't take too kindly.Those are the facts in black and white.

Last edited by 1gary; 03-01-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Supreme Member

And if that isn't enough,the same thing about his headers with customers and problems.If the don't fit or there is a issue,it's the customers fault.It is my own imagination,but I am thinking if they call him,he tells them how much more they have to tare off their car to "make them fit".And that is after the sale btw.Same spin B.S.Connect the dots that is all you have to do.

Damage to his rep from my posts??. Naw,not any more than his has done to himself.I am just calling him out on it and making it abundantly clear what kind of scam business he runs because I do deeply care about hot rodding and the younger folks who are coming along to support it with their projects.

Last edited by 1gary; 03-01-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Supreme Member

Do a search a$$wipe I don't have to fabricate anything.
Speaking of creditability yours is well known around these parts.
Kettle calling the pot black.
You don't like the "tag" racers put on me 50 years ago....tough
Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Supreme Member

BTW...
Does it bother me you are attacking me on an open forum? Sure it does, Am I going to lose any sleep over it H' no.

But if it makes you feel any better carry on ....
Old 03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I am a little suprised to here "Dyno Don's Headers" is not a company.

I am sure the IRS would be a little suprised to hear that too, considering "100's of sets have been sold"

I am also suprised he has been allowed to sell on here so long without being a vendor, when guys like tunedperformance are paying to be a vendor.

When I saw Dyno Don's name the first time, I too thought, wow, Don Niclson is making headers!

That said, most seem to have not have had problems with his headers, and there is not a real comparable product out there. It certianly appears the precentage of his headers that have not fit is very small.

Considering he is the only game in town allows him to care less, as some have no choice but to buy his.

Headers can be a pain, I know I have bopught Hookers for my 55 with a BBC and there was no way they would fit, same for the Fenderwell headers on the market now.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Do a search a$$wipe I don't have to fabricate anything.
Speaking of creditability yours is well known around these parts.
Kettle calling the pot black.
You don't like the "tag" racers put on me 50 years ago....tough

Aaaaaa no one taged you with diddle 50 yrs ago slime ball,you STOLE THAT NAME AND NOW GOT CALLED OUT FOR IT!!.

I've know Jim Oddy since the days of his D/Gas 37 Chevy,most of my adult life.There is no way in hell I would even want to "try" to sell anything because of that.Now you have got your ethics lesson in business today.

Your a lier about the name of a business

Your a lier about the headers and dyno's

Your a lier about the fit of the same headers

Your a lier about 100 sets because once a lier,but three times a lier is always a lier.

Your a cheat not buying ad space from Internet Brands.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member

These postings is actually being nice.I could however even through I don't go on FB much at all,could expose you on there with much farther consequences.Then there is the power of YB...........................

These threats are to get you to properly take care of the very clear loose ends with these customers.If you do that,I'll leave you alone.

You know I want to add, guys on here talking about the IRS is no joke.You could be in real trouble here.Might want to give that some thought.The power of Thirdgen in play now and all.

Last edited by 1gary; 03-01-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=lier:lmao:
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Supreme Member

These postings is actually being nice.I could however even through I don't go on FB much at all,could expose you on there with much farther consequences.Then there is the power of YB...........................

These threats are to get you to properly take care of the very clear loose ends with these customers.If you do that,I'll leave you alone.

You know I want to add, guys on here talking about the IRS is no joke.You could be in real trouble here.Might want to give that some thought.The power of Thirdgen in play now and all.
Again, exposing your intelligence, you can't spell,
You don't even know how much a retired person can earn.
I could sell stuff on here for the whole year and never reach that limit.

Oh, now you admit they are threats (duly noted).

Assuming I did anything wrong (prove it) the parts he got went on another car just fine.

Like I said....all he had to do.....

and pay the shipping both ways, I would appreciate it"

Then none of this would have ever happened.

The only wrong here is your garbage fingers on the key board.

BTW
I never called the headers I make DynoDon headers (someone else did)
I make 1 3/4" shorty headers for thirdgen F-body cars
These are made in my shade tree garage by Don Lorentzen

I have a screen name just like everyone else.

Last edited by Dyno Don; 03-01-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 369 TPI
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Nine Bolt

"You know I want to add, guys on here talking about the IRS is no joke.You could be in real trouble here.Might want to give that some thought.The power of Thirdgen in play now and all."

I tried to stay out of this but this really tee's me off. Now you are the one being a real a$$hole.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Supreme Member

Well like most normal honest people I pay my taxes, so I sleep well at night. Best to be honest as it will always bite the fat part sooner or later. Why is everyone ticked off about the taxes statement? Well? Ill accept the fact that Don posted again and did not even touch the paying vendor comment. He wont because he doesnt want to pay and support this site that helps his side buisness that Im sure he reports to the IRS. I mean I must be a dope paying almost 15 grand in fed while some skirt the rules. I dont get a free ride. I just dont get the mindset here....

Anyone can be an armchair quarterback after the fact. Im emailing Don on issues and he isnt responding to me but hes posting in my thread for new customers, lol. For some odd reason I dont think Don is the only one who uses or responds with his email address. Just got that sense when I was messaging back and forth, maybe a son? Idk

Last edited by IROCZ1989; 03-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 369 TPI
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Nine Bolt

Way too much mudslinging, inuendos and immaturity in this thread by some of the posters. I vote that the moderators need to lock this thing up.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 1983 BB 1995 Z28 Camaro's
Engine: 454-350
Transmission: TH350-4l60e
Axle/Gears: 373 posi-Stock

Just my 2 cents, but 1gary has been on this forum for a long time and has helped many third-gen owners over those years. In other words I trust 1gary a hell of a lot more than Don.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Again, exposing your intelligence, you can't spell,
You don't even know how much a retired person can earn.
I could sell stuff on here for the whole year and never reach that limit.
I think he was talking about the requirement to report income to the IRS.

-- Joe
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator

Originally Posted by 1989GTATransAm
Way too much mudslinging, inuendos and immaturity in this thread by some of the posters. I vote that the moderators need to lock this thing up.
We lock threads when rules have been violated. That is not the case here.

In this case, people are explaining what happened.

Some might not like it, some might not agree, but I've yet to see anyone violate a rule.

-- Joe
Old 03-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Car: 1990 GTA
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I'd like to say I in no way no Don, as you can see I'm in New York, all I can say and add to this thead is I have a set of his headers and y-pipe, I first seen them a five years back on a friends car, I had no problems with mine at all and they have been on now for almost four years, also three more friends of mine here in the city have now put them in after seeing ours, no fitment problems on any of them.

One last thing I'd like to add is as far as I know dons are the only new 1 3/4 shorty headers made for our cars, I don't care if his name is junk punk, old don or dyno don he still makes the best shorty heads imo for third gens. As for dyno testing, okay so even if there's no data on them, I still don't see the problem, if you know what your doing then you should know how pick right parts for a build.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno Don's Headers