Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

ATTN: Mr. Stoltz

Old 11-24-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1983 Trans Am
Engine: 355 SBC
Transmission: 700R-4
ATTN: Mr. Stoltz

Mr. Stoltz,

I am sorry that you are "apolled" by my statements, but they are the truth. I have physical evidence that proves that the engine was in poor shape prior to me picking it up (i.e. leaves INSIDE the lifter valley, broken piston).

While the engine was in my possession, it was properly cared for. I mounted the engine on a stand, covered the carburetor with a ziploc bag, covered the engine itself twice with a waterproof tarp, and sat the engine in an enclosure to further protect it from the elements.

My intention was to drop the engine directly in my vehicle (luckily I didn't). I could only imagine what the engine would've done if I had attempted to start it up in its present condition.

"I can assure everyone that does buy things from me are getting what they pay for." .... and that I did. I should've known that a $250, supposedly "working" engine was too good to be true. I can only imagine what shape that 700R4 was in, considering you tried to get me to buy it for only $100.

The fact of the matter is, Mr. Stoltz, is that you PERSONALLY GUARANTEED me that the engine was in good shape and that I should have no problems with it. Low and behold, I now have more problems BECAUSE of your engine. I guess someone's word and personal guarantee really means nothing these days.

Steve