Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

White Performance, Skip White?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: White Performance, Skip White?

Originally Posted by rawley2
I see this stuff then I don't see a NEG on eBay for it.

I think you have like 90 days to leave feedback.

Also the only 406 I see comes dressed with valve covers intake and carb. It about the price you posted. How was sawdust inside a complete, assembled engine?

I wont buy from him because you can tell by his copyright he does not pay attention to detail. Not a good trait for a business man.

I didnt buy it on ebay i called them directly and placed an order.

they dont put the valve covers or the carb on because "they could get scratched" i would much rather have a scratched valve cover than sawdust in it.

the bottom line is they have effectively stolen my motor or atleast highjacked it and are trying to keep the pars or get more money out of me this is the last time i order a motor from anyone i cant shake hands with.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Car: 87 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi 3.23

Originally Posted by 86rocz-335
I didnt buy it on ebay i called them directly and placed an order.

they dont put the valve covers or the carb on because "they could get scratched" i would much rather have a scratched valve cover than sawdust in it.

the bottom line is they have effectively stolen my motor or atleast highjacked it and are trying to keep the pars or get more money out of me this is the last time i order a motor from anyone i cant shake hands with.
WOW, I really hope this works out for you.

How far are you from his shop. Maybe a trip over there is in order.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 PM

WOW, I really hope this works out for you.

How far are you from his shop. Maybe a trip over there is in order.

I wish i could but i am in California they are in Tennessee besides that skip told me if he ever met me he would kick my back side so bad i wouldnt get back up ( i am paraphrasing they wont let me post what he really said) i dont want to go to jail for beating up an old man.

i just want to save some one from what i am currently dealing with.

good luck and stay away from skip white performance
Old 06-23-2013, 12:22 AM

I try to avoid posting comments about shops because a simple internet thread can ruin a companies business quicker than anything.

I will make this as short and simple as possible about my experience with this company. I have no personal ill will towards them, the 2 times I was able to get someone on the phone they seemed very pleasant to talk with. My first purchase from them put a bad taste in my mouth and experience has taught me to walk away when that happens. I bought 3 items from them off there ebay store. All 3 items should have never left there store, 2 of which should have never made it into the box they were shipped in.

I bought a water pump that was falsely advertised with a picture of a twisted style neck which I found unique and wanted it on the front of my 383. It arrived and turned out to be a standard aluminum water pump that every other ebay seller has for the same price. I did not need a new pump as I only bought the one from Skip simply for the style of the pump neck that was shown. At the time of purchase he had no disclaimer about the neck style, but now it states that the style may vary. When I called and simply asked why the different pump than pictured, I was told for my application they do not have that style available. Well, my application is a SBC which is what the ad is listed for. So if they do not have that style for a SBC, REMOVE the dang picture and put up the correct one.

The other 2 parts were Alternator and Power Steering aluminum bracket kits. Both kits had extremely dull polished parts. Every single bracket had scratches and nicks on the edges. The alternator kit I was able to get it installed after sanding and re-polish. The PS kit was a total loss as the rear bracket is 1/2" too long with a mounting hole 1/4" in the wrong place.

I will say in Skips defense I have not contacted him about the bracket issues. I left neutral feedback on the pump issue, however at that time I had quickly looked in the bracket box and didn't inspect the parts at all. I just figured a well used bracket design would be pretty safe as far as quality and fitment. I hold no ill will to Skip, I just feel that a company with "the largest ebay feedback ever" as he claimed, should have some system in place to make sure parts are not as damaged and out of spec as the parts I received. They also need to list the correct pictures for parts, especially parts that are somewhat unique and catches peoples eyes looking to add some spice to the engine compartment. The fact that my first purchase was so screwed up simply means I will be forced to do business elsewhere.

I am not telling anyone to stay away from them, I'm sure some of there stuff is good. My advice to anyone looking to purchase from them is to simply call and order over the phone and have them send pictures through email of actual parts. If no choice but to purchase from Ebay, don't rely on Ebay images and make sure you read EVERYTHING on the ad and take screenshots when purchasing so if disclaimers are added later it can be proved as such\.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

I was about to buy the narrow 1.6 steel roller rockers from them. They where only $125 for the whole set. But everyone told me not to buy them because they where "China" made. So I opted out. They no longer sell them either.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM

I see this stuff then I don't see a NEG on eBay for it.

I think you have like 90 days to leave feedback.

Also the only 406 I see comes dressed with valve covers intake and carb. It about the price you posted. How was sawdust inside a complete, assembled engine?

I wont buy from him because you can tell by his copyright he does not pay attention to detail. Not a good trait for a business man.

well it is finally over they said they would send me back ALL my parts but they dont seem to think my ARP rocker studs, intake bolts, thermostat housing and bolts, and transmission studs should be included in what i should be getting back. after months of dealling with incredibly unorganized hicks and them saying we are looking into it they basically told me that even though the parts missing were on the motor when they received it that they were not going to be responsible for the missing parts. they are liars and thieves misty is the worst and skip is just flat out rude. they actually are threatening to sue me for writing this... I guess the truth hurts
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

You can always file a complaint through there local BBB. They can't sue you for that. Now if what you are saying is true, then they can't sue you for slander. But if they have no proof and you have no proof of the said parts being missing, then the case won't go too far because there would be no evidence. There for, it's a he said she said kind of thing.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:55 PM

Bad experience as well. Bought a 383 Dart Block that had one cylinder overbored so bad when we set the piston ring in for checking gaps it just fell right through. Turned out two of the bores were huge and 6 were ok. Took 3 months to get a RMA and get it back and another two months to get another block. By that time my builder had backed up with other projects. 6 months later starts the assembly again and the roller rockers would not support my .673 lift cam. They would bind. Now they won't take them back.. Called and pleaded with them several times and warned them I would tell this story in the forums. Didn't matter. I even offered to send the roller rockers back and take a store credit and just swap for some other parts. No go. On my bill of sale they had me buying roller lifters for a BBC and charged me for them, but as we all know if they had sent BBC roller lifters they would have never fit.. No I won't do business with them again nor will I recommend them.

I am no longer angry and I hope whatever problems they are having will get worked out. The economy is not making it any better for any of us. They know my number and maybe they will reconsider. If they do, I retract. But as of even through I've had the product for over a year, it was their fault it took so long to do the installation and find out the part would not work.

Good luck

Last edited by REBSTA; 11-10-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 AM

I read a lot of their feedback when Ebay would let you look at past auctions from long ago. Let me just say that their feedback didn't make me want to spend any money there and reading this just reaffirms that.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: 355
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt, Torsen Diff, 3.73's

It's interesting that there's such a wide range of feedback. I bought a pump, pulley and bracket kit for my 355 and have no complaints. The chrome on the alternator and water pump are a little questionable, but for what I paid I didn't expect the holy grail of chrome jobs.

Everything bolted up nice and looks better than what I would of had if I'd used the factory stuff on the new motor.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 PM

I feel the key of the feedback is reading the actual reply from people, not just looking at how many thumbs down they got. Ebay has changed the feedback system a little in the last couple years. It has benifited bad sellers and made some of them look not so bad.
That way the seller sells more items and Ebay and their other company Paypal get their cut and get a bump in their bottom line.

I stay away from sellers who have ignored, didn't care, rude, or cursing in their feedback from buyers. If the seller has a rude reply to the buyer in their feedback that's an instant red flag of how you might be treated.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: Th400wbrake/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11/4.30/4.56

I My self have seen alot of the ProComp Parts...If its a dress up item it's a ball park thing if it's going to work or hold up. if it was anything more then that. I would stay away. and buy US Made parts only.

after all how much power are you going to make with Made in China stamped on it!

it might hold up for a weekend of drive in getaways
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

C3 tech section of the corvette forum look up 427 build by Pauldana.

Sorry the op had a bad experience. .personally if someone threatened me Id take action on it.

When ya buy cheap you take your chances on everything

Good products and service sell themselves on a reputation long winded ads to me are a red flag. Yet people still fall for it.

Best luck to all this hobby aint cheap.