Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Founders Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 350 with .440" lopey cam
Transmission: 6spd T56
Axle/Gears: Detroit Truetrac with 3.73 gears
Founders Performance

Ordered some parts from them needing them before this weekend as my car is currently torn apart in someone elses shop (since I dont have one of my own currently) and have to have it out by Monday. It's Wednesday now and they still haven't shipped them and even if they do ship them today I wont have them by the weekend.

I've attempted emailing and calling them multiple times since Monday to arrange to pay extra for next day air shipping (isn't an option when ordering online) to get these things shipped out and on their way to me, but all I've gotten is no replies to my email and an answering machine every time I've called.

I understand some places may build stuff when ordered, but I've read a lot of reviews of people from founders saying they got their stuff in quickly. So I figured they probably had some stock, and that if they were out of stock and needed to be built to order there would be something saying so on the website.

I'm mainly just irritated and posting this review because of the inability to even get in touch with them. IMO this is one of the most important things for a business. The ability for their customers or potential customers to be able to contact them.

EDIT:

Just wanted to update this. I finally got in touch with them a few minutes ago. And they were really nice on the phone so that is a huge plus for them. The reason my order hasn't shipped yet is they are waiting on some rod ends to come in for part of my order. After talking with them they are going to put the caster / camber plates (which are the more important part that I needed) in the mail today to get them on out to me.

So I'm happy with the way they are handling it after talking to them about it, just wish it was easier to get in touch with them.

Last edited by Steven6282; 03-07-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70
Re: Founders Performance

Probably a marketting experiment. I would imagine they're trying to see if they can sell enough volume of their parts at low margin to make enough to stay in business. They cant cut margins that low for their primary business, adn then jack the prices back up if it doesnt work out. It would hurt their image and people would be much less likely to buy from them after seeing prices double.

So they created a "cheap" brand to see if they can make up for the margin in volume without harming their regular brand.

Thats what I imagine is going on.