Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Hawks thirdgen selling knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 85 IROC-Z / 88 GTA
Engine: 403 LSx (Pending) / 355 Tuned Port
Transmission: T56 Magnum (Pending) / T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 / ?
Re: Hawks thirdgen selling knock offs

Originally Posted by hawksthirdgen
Hi,
Simply put, Hawks made a bad call , we did not intend to make it look like we copied or renamed a product and steal a design, although that is how it seems. I made a decision to manufacture our Tilton master based upon Tick not keeping them in stock and after repeated attempts to get product on the shelf we decided to manufacture our own part, simple as that.
Looking back, I the owner of the company should have called Jonathan (The Owner of Tick) and try to handle the situation in a different manner, owner to owner, instead of taking matters into my own hands and making our cylinder to take care of back orders and current customer requests . That was a mistake on MY part!
With that being said I want to apologize to Jonathan and the team at Tick Performance, to my staff at my shop and most of all to our valued customer that we made you question our professionalism and ethics. The master cylinders we make are made to the same quality as they always have been and have never been made with any type of inferior part, but the point is I the owner of our company should have made a different decision, simple as that! There is no excuse for the decisions I made ethically and I have been in contact with Jonathan and am doing everything I can to make my wrong right, not because of money or trying to have a better part or trying to seem like we stole someone's design. I simply am trying to make it right being the man I truly am because I made a bad decision putting my customers and employees and business first when in reality I was putting them in harm's way.
I have worked in this industry for 14 years and believe I have always done the best thing for my customers up to this point . I simply made a bad call and I will have to live with that. I would ask my customers to understand the decision I made ( not necessarily to agree with it although it was the wrong decision) and hopefully give our company your continued support.

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
Hawks Third Generation, LLC
Kudos to your Bruce for stepping up and taking responsibility for a mistake.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: camaro sportcoupe
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: G-Force GF5R
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"

Hi,
Simply put, Hawks made a bad call , we did not intend to make it look like we copied or renamed a product and steal a design, although that is how it seems. I made a decision to manufacture our Tilton master based upon Tick not keeping them in stock and after repeated attempts to get product on the shelf we decided to manufacture our own part, simple as that.
Looking back, I the owner of the company should have called Jonathan (The Owner of Tick) and try to handle the situation in a different manner, owner to owner, instead of taking matters into my own hands and making our cylinder to take care of back orders and current customer requests . That was a mistake on MY part!
With that being said I want to apologize to Jonathan and the team at Tick Performance, to my staff at my shop and most of all to our valued customer that we made you question our professionalism and ethics. The master cylinders we make are made to the same quality as they always have been and have never been made with any type of inferior part, but the point is I the owner of our company should have made a different decision, simple as that! There is no excuse for the decisions I made ethically and I have been in contact with Jonathan and am doing everything I can to make my wrong right, not because of money or trying to have a better part or trying to seem like we stole someone's design. I simply am trying to make it right being the man I truly am because I made a bad decision putting my customers and employees and business first when in reality I was putting them in harm's way.
I have worked in this industry for 14 years and believe I have always done the best thing for my customers up to this point . I simply made a bad call and I will have to live with that. I would ask my customers to understand the decision I made ( not necessarily to agree with it although it was the wrong decision) and hopefully give our company your continued support.

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
i have watched you year after year tell people to go pound sand on many occasions, to include this one, whenever something you didn't deliver on or tried to get over on us as a community. the SSW header issue comes to mind for sure. you continued to back your decisions up with these same types of excuses (as i recall, you went chinese on your headers because "ssw couldn't keep up with the demand"). i have stuck my neck out in other threads (think, 2" primary header thread) to keep people coming back to you.

now, we've all called you out on your continued bad work ethics and all i'm seeing now is someone back-pedaling trying to maintain some sort of face with the community so you don't go out of business. i think, at the very least, that every master cylinder you've sold under the notion that it was a Tick Performance part should be refunded before i think the community will be ready to forgive and forget.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 4:10

I have never had a problem with Hawks and will continue to give them my business.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Premium Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mw66nova
i have watched you year after year tell people to go pound sand on many occasions, to include this one, whenever something you didn't deliver on or tried to get over on us as a community. the SSW header issue comes to mind for sure. you continued to back your decisions up with these same types of excuses (as i recall, you went chinese on your headers because "ssw couldn't keep up with the demand"). i have stuck my neck out in other threads (think, 2" primary header thread) to keep people coming back to you.

now, we've all called you out on your continued bad work ethics and all i'm seeing now is someone back-pedaling trying to maintain some sort of face with the community so you don't go out of business. i think, at the very least, that every master cylinder you've sold under the notion that it was a Tick Performance part should be refunded before i think the community will be ready to forgive and forget.
Hi,
I totally understand how you would see it that way I simply am telling where I stand , As far as the headers I never advertised them as Stainless Works Headers , I simply gave a different option for the more budget minded, but that's not the purpose of this thread it is simply to state where I stand and made a mistake and am owning up to that ! I would hope this mistake does not change the support I have showed this community but I understand I put myself in the position where it could .

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
www.hawksthirdgenparts.com
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Supreme Member

Hi,
I totally understand how you would see it that way I simply am telling where I stand , As far as the headers I never advertised them as Stainless Works Headers , I simply gave a different option for the more budget minded, but that's not the purpose of this thread it is simply to state where I stand and made a mistake and am owning up to that ! I would hope this mistake does not change the support I have showed this community but I understand I put myself in the position where it could .

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
www.hawksthirdgenparts.com
humility. i appreciate that. i'm waiting to hear what Jonathan has to say before i form another single opinion.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with bruce again today for a while, the entire thing is f%$ked up, i got what i thought was a tick i told bruce that i was lied to about what i was getting on top of that i am doing all the wrench turning on my car noone else. And my biggest problem is that i hate to be lied to also that its a pain in the *** to pull that damn thing off send it back get a refund then place a order with tick wait get it in take another hour or more putting it in then bleed it. I have been putting in a stage 3 monster and have car shows to do and a photo shoot and am running behind, i told bruce i was pissed and honestly if the product is the same damn thing and not one thing is different then besides him using the tick name and knowing damn good and well what he was doing should i stress about redoing and waiting again for a product that has all the same workings besides the aluminum block that is a little different. Also if he is doing the lifetime warranty through tilton im probably going to keep it, but yes we as customers was lied to and thought we were getting a tick, if you decided to make your own call it your own but dont use someone else to keep pushing a product. If Johnathan from tick and im not sure he will state on here says the product is the same and the components are the same since they bought a gto one I have the fbody one i might just keep it and not stress out about going backwards on my car. If stated other wise then i might have to call bruce back for another word, anyone who has already bought one from hawks should be sent his lifetime warranty in writing and signed for peace of mind... I want to thank bruce for talking to me for almost 2 hours on the phone, but again you cant stay in business this day in age and recover from bad reviews like this i have been a customer of his since 2000 and have sent thousands upon thousands of dollars in sales from marines his way, he ****ed up he knows he did but whats done is done he admitted it but also you know what you do before you do it reason why god gave us CHOICE. I will be sending tick performance customers their way and as for hawks at the moment he has his own huge fight to deal with, and wish the best if he did it for the reason he said then it should go ok if not then karma will be there. best to both

Last edited by totalglitch; 07-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Supreme Member

Received 745 Likes on 505 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Going to lighten the mood a bit for those people that think a 3cent O ring seal in anything, will last a life time or can be guaranteed it will.

Last edited by TTOP350; 07-03-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:23 PM

wow that video makes me think lol great find...
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 Tuned Port Injection, for now.
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Posi - 3.23

Hi,

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
I have ordered from you in the past. You mentioned that its not a money thing. I think it is. To be honost with you Bruce, you should of called Jonathon and asked him if the product was copyrighted. Then depending on your discussion, come up with a solution to part a percentage to each sale and to make a disclaimer that the said part is a reproduction of the actual part but with direct supervision to assure the quality of the part by an authorized Tick representative. I think that would of been a more professional approach. I'm not bashing on you so don't take it the wrong way.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TPI conversion.
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi 4th gen rear

I have had done business with hawks third gen for many years. ive met some of them a few times at the gathering in Atlanta. I also had referred them to many others. I was glad to see Bruce step up and take responsibility. I respect how Tick handled this. I would like to see both companies keep us consumers in the know of this matter. I will continue to purchase from Hawks, and soon from Tick, and post here as I have in the past.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's

Shady. You'll never see my business again. The only reason you owned up to it is because you got caught.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM

I spoke with Bruce on this topic for quite some time again today. He seems to be apologetic and ashamed of the decisions his company made. We covered a lot of possibilities in terms of how Hawks can make this "right". I have left the ball in his court....we will wait and see what happens.

I will continue to disagree with the reason Hawks states that led them to make their own kit. While we have had a few back-orders over the years they have been few and far between. From time to time we may have waited a week for lines, or a week for another component. All of our stuff is machined locally and 99% of the time we have plenty on our shelf.

The cause of the backorder when Bruce decided he should take matters into his own hands was a backorder on Tilton cylinders. We buy direct from Tilton on a contract which must be pre-ordered 6 months in advance. If Tilton fails to deliver our order we start buying "kits" off performance retailers shelves. On multiple occasions when Tilton failed to deliver our monthly order on time we have literally ordered every 7/8" bore Tilton cylinder in the country that we can find. We simply go down their list of dealers calling each and every one...ordering every cylinder they have in stock at their retail price.

Based on these facts, it would make absolutely no difference if Hawks manufactured their own kit or not when there was no supply of cylinder itself. If they had branded their kit as a Hawks kit they could have simply used a Wilwood cylinder which would have eliminated our so-called issue of being able to deliver. Using a Wilwood cylinder however would have never passed as a Tick unit....requiring far more effort to market and a competitive price to steer the likely Tick customers to use their "new" offering.

I feel like selling their kit as our kit was simply the easiest way for them to move a large quantity of product. The fact that they sold the product $5 less than our MAP policy and the fact they ignored our requests to adjust their pricing proves to me that they knew exactly what they were doing. They were picking up a LOT of "Tick" sales because they had the lowest price advertised....which was wrong in itself.

With that said I'm not here to judge Bruce or Hawks as a whole. I can forgive him. He has been given every opportunity to make the situation "right" and I hope he does just that. IF he is willing to pay us our margin of profit on a typical sale for each and every cylinder he has sold and IF he is willing to sign documents agreeing not to continue with master sales as a competitor of Tick I will personally honor the warranty of his counterfeit master cylinders. Obviously I will not know the true number of kits that have been purchased from Hawks....we will simply be left to take his word for that. I imagine the number is quite large simply based on the number of posts to various forums, phone calls we have received, and emails that have been sent concerned about their Hawks purchases.

-Jonathan
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 406TPI
Shady. You'll never see my business again. The only reason you owned up to it is because you got caught.
i agree 100%
Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 AM
jmd
Supreme Member

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: `86 SS / `87 SS
Engine: L69 w/ TPI on top / 305 4bbl
Transmission: `95 T56 \ `88 200-4R

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
I got the same email since I bought my Tick direct through Tick and not a 3rd party vendor. I would venture to guess this may not be the first instance of this type of action on their part, given the fiasco with their polished 1 5/8 "SSW" LSx longtubes that they sold as SSW in a group purchase back in 2009 and still selo on their website. They changed the wording on the product details on their website but they still continue to sell them.
Any links on that besides https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-...headers-4.html ?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

Search in the LTx/LSx forum for posts by username Pocket using the search word header or hawks. You'll find something. Or try searching the group purchase board using the same search terms.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 315 Likes on 258 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27

Wow, deceptive advertising & not the first time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..........
Old 07-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: Th400wbrake/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11/4.30/4.56

selling a used part with repairs made to it under the listing as NEW!
YA..they have done that too...

ill ship what they sold me back..when they pay shipping..till then
ill post from time to time.. after all $100 is a $100..right!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:14 PM

Car: 91' RS
Engine: 310 C.I.D. + n2o
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: built 10 bolt 3.73's

Hi,

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
Bruce,
Ill give you props for coming on here and accepting your wrong doings but, it still doesn't change the fact that this is your second strike. Just because you apologize DOES NOT make it okay, it seems like you are trying to justify what you did. IMHO some people give him to much credit for apologizing. I definitely wont spend another penny at Hawks. I hope you learned your lesson this time, im sure strike 3 will be a bxtch.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Supreme Member

I don't now man. Look at me. For being defiant, I landed on probation. But that was my fault. This is Bruce's 2nd strike, AS A VENDOR!!! That's all I gotta say.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Car: 91' RS
Engine: 310 C.I.D. + n2o
Axle/Gears: built 10 bolt 3.73's

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z
I don't now man. Look at me. For being defiant, I landed on probation. But that was my fault. This is Bruce's 2nd strike, AS A VENDOR!!! That's all I gotta say.
This isn't a simple mistake, this was orchestrated. A well thought out plan which involved lying to a lot of people. I understand people make mistakes ill give anybody a second chance, but this is something else.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 355 SD TPI
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 Posi

Originally Posted by mr305
This isn't a simple mistake, this was orchestrated. A well thought out plan which involved lying to a lot of people. I understand people make mistakes ill give anybody a second chance, but this is something else.
+1 to this. He has made repeated mistakes like this over the few years I've been around here. I've never had a good opinion of hawks mainly for their pricing and their payment/shipping methods. These "hiccups" are from greed in my opinion, its not hard to pass something off as something else as we have seen in the past, and its not just once.

The only reason I feel there was an apology was because the issue was brought to light. PR 101: own it. The second step is proving you're sincere, which from this recent development is evidently not there. Proof would be to accept tick's deal. He should not have made a single dime off of them to begin with and he screwed over every single customer who bought one under the assumption that it was a genuine tick piece. On top of that if he accepts then every customer will be covered and won't need to worry about removing and returning them.

In the end its all about the customers isn't it? Test of character here I suppose.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Car: 1990 Firebird

Very good reply, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. I quit using them years ago when I had a bad experience with plastic hatch strut covers (which were only about $10-15 or so...I forget the exact amount). They arrived with some of the plastic "clips" on the inside broken, so they wouldn't stay on the strut bolt. When I called customer service, the woman who answered stated that they weren't going to do anything since she personally knew they weren't like that when they shipped them. Of course, for around $15 I just let it go. (All I wanted was for them to be replaced.) However, I never spent another penny there, because if you can't trust them with a very small $15 purchase, how can you trust them with anything they sell?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Car: 1989 Formula
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 3.45 1LE Disc LSD

It's not like hawks is giving any customers a bad product. What he did, did not rip off anyone of us. This should be between Bruce and Jonathan. I will continue to buy from hawks until he gets taken to court, sued for fraud and theft, then ends up bankrupted. With that being said i'm looking forward to their going out of business sale.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Supreme Member

What would severely surprise me and possibly gain my respects back would be if Hawks (given the fact that they kept record of each non Tick product) gives back a .5 off of the original price sold. If customers get half back if what thu paid, THEN Bruce's apology would be genuine, in my book.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by TBRays98
It's not like hawks is giving any customers a bad product. What he did, did not rip off anyone of us. This should be between Bruce and Jonathan. I will continue to buy from hawks until he gets taken to court, sued for fraud and theft, then ends up bankrupted. With that being said i'm looking forward to their going out of business sale.
so you're saying that it is OK to make a copy of something, market as a well known product, keep ALL the profits, and when the part goes bad, direct the customer to the well known product maker?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 z28/1992 RS heritage edition
Engine: 350 tpi, 305 tbi
Transmission: 700R4,T5
Axle/Gears: G92

Hi,

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins

how can you take care of back orders with a different product and NOT TELL THEM......pretty shady
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 z28/1992 RS heritage edition
Engine: 350 tpi, 305 tbi
Transmission: 700R4,T5
Axle/Gears: G92

Originally Posted by mw66nova
i agree 100%
I am not far from you... I was about to make a 4k dollar purchase from you Bruce...you won't see my dollars though. I know what's its like to have my own business and this ain't how you do it..
Old 07-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: '91 TA vert
Engine: turboLSx
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I'm glad this was brought to light, and that both companies involved have come put their .02 in giving their sides of the stories. It's disheartening to see the illusion Hawk's demonstrated. Especially considering how great of an experience I've had with Tick. They practically bent over backwards when I made a mistake ordering and even made me up a custom clutch line at no extra charge because my setup was a bit funky.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I never heard of Ticks before today.

Great marketing stratigy.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Ticks is extremely known with gm forums from vettes to fbodys gtos etc. Mid 90's + for their clutch hydraulics parts and trans rebuilds especially t56. Not very common on thirdgen.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Supreme Member

with ls1/t56 swaps gaining popularity, they're becoming well known in other parts of the industry.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze
I never heard of Ticks before today.

Great marketing stratigy.
Its not a marketing strategy...

Posted from Thirdgen.org App for Android
Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM

Car: 1983 Camaro Z28
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: Strange S60

I had my fair share of issues with Hawks products. The quality of both the 5" spoiler and the Sunoco hood were unacceptable. Dealing with Bruce was also very frustrating and his responses to my problems to his products were unacceptable.

After reading this, Hawks will not see my business again. It's too bad too because the market he is in will only continue to grow. I hope another company will pop up focusing on thirdgens which I can rightfully give my money.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

It looks bad if alot of supreme/senior members are turning their backs at hawks.I value input from many others that have been on this site and own thirdgens for as long or longer than I have.

If I were a new member and see that..guess where my hard earned dollars will follow.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86White_T/A305
It looks bad if alot of supreme/senior members are turning their backs at hawks.I value input from many others that have been on this site and own thirdgens for as long or longer than I have.

If I were a new member and see that..guess where my hard earned dollars will follow.
Certainly not towards Hawks wallet. Id rather buy parts elsewhere. My first stop, www.virtualjunkyard.org
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 88 Formula, 90 Iroc RIP, 92 RS Sold
Engine: 305 to 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt

All I can say is WOW ....I Never really like Hawks in the first place.. After talking to customer service on a couple occasions.. Vibe just didnt seem right..and hardly dealt with them since then .. . I've dealt with Ticks a couple times and have nothing but good things ..and they help my other miltary brothers out well.. and talk to Many other vendors and have very good things to say and hawks doesnt come close ..

And it's sad to see this .. As the thirdgen community grows .. To include this forum ..thirdgen specific vendors shall do the same and step up to the plate even more so .. And it's a bad representation to our community ..especially when website has third generation included in it

Smh
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Car: 88 GTA
Engine: Built 355 to install
Transmission: Built turbo 350

Originally Posted by 86White_T/A305

Well..... Looks like Mr Bruce shot himself in the foot..... With a shotgun !

With a lost $4000 order a few post up and my $1700 order along with others that will not purchase any longer, I'm sure he's lost all profit from this scam and more......
Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7 LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.27

I've never dealt with Bruce, i made 2 calls to customer service for 2 parts i bought from them in the past that were supposedly new, but they were used. Customer Service didn't seem to want to help me, i value Hawks for supplying the parts for our cars, because there's not a whole lot out there manufacturer wise for third gen specific parts, but the service experience wasn't great, so i've always taken my business to denny at third gen ranch.

Now hearing this, i won't think twice to buy from hawks.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by 406TPI
Agreed. Funny when the tables turn. Shady, always has been, always will be.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70

His initial response was that he didn't defraud anybody...what changed that he decided to apologize? Does Bruce himself think third gen owners are all ****** sporting idiots? I wonder if my spohn steering kit is legit :/
Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 AM

Car: 83 Z28 Crossfire
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by Restrorob
Well..... Looks like Mr Bruce shot himself in the foot..... With a shotgun !

With a lost $4000 order a few post up and my $1700 order along with others that will not purchase any longer, I'm sure he's lost all profit from this scam and more......
They lost my business when they had the y pipe for the Hooker 2460's listed at over $500.00..... Retail is about what they dropped it down to now. $245.95
Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 AM

Car: 89 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Posi

Hawks is back peddling, now he's making excuses cause he got busted, starting to sound like the local congressman.....
"they hacked my Twitter account"
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Car: 1989 IROC & ROLL-Z
Engine: L98 Vortec FIRST TPI
Transmission: T56, Mech Speedo
Axle/Gears: G92 J65 3.27

Originally Posted by 84 1LE
Wow, deceptive advertising & not the first time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..........
Haha was just thinking this... the blame game is a brutal reality sometimes.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Car: 1986 Trans AM
Engine: LS1/T56
Axle/Gears: 3.83

i know this is off topic. but this is for bruce. im buying carpet for my trans am soon and i see you advertise yours as ACC carpet.. is this real ACC carpet or knockoff? because that is very important to me. i also plan on adding the poly backing and dynamat with it
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Car: 1986 Trans AM
Engine: LS1/T56
Axle/Gears: 3.83

i also plan to buy the outter window felts
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by tweakhat
i also plan to buy the outter window felts
Hi-Jacked!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 camaro rs convertable
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 7.5"3.42 gears forth gen 2000 camar

ive compared prices and hawks is very high.unfortunely they have parts not available anywhere else as far as i know.i don't blame hawk for making his own version of an uncopyrighted part but he should have changed his website to say so as soon as he started selling the new part.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70

Originally Posted by zenish
ive compared prices and hawks is very i don't blame hawk for making his own version of an uncopyrighted part but he should have changed his website to say so as soon as he started selling the new part.
I agree. Doesnt look or seem like it's an inferior product. It's just marketed in a misleading way. It's not that big of a deal to machien an aluminum block a certain way. Tick went through the trouble to do it and yes Hawks copied it, but pretty much anything that can be fabricated can be copied and that's just the nature of the world.

I cant help but wish he'd sold it as a "Hawks" brand part, and let it find its own market if he was so frustrated with Tick. I dont think the problem is in the product or that he sold it, the problem is that he sold it as Tick part.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 AM

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: 355 tpi
Transmission: 5 speed

Hi,

Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
So Bruce what you need to do is contact every customer you sold this product to or any product you have sold in this same manor. And tell them what they bought is not what they thought they bought,
Are you willing to back up the warranty as tick doe there product?
When you sent the instruction for your product and it had Ticks name on it , That is fraud, Not only can and should Tick take you to court so should all the customers you sold this product to,
Your stupid decision you say wasn't about money (profit) but those with brains know the difference, And It may cost you money and your business.
I personally will never buy anything from you or your company.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 350 hsr
Transmission: 700R4(blown)
Axle/Gears: 3:73

^ to the guy asking about placing and order with hawks, pm him this is not the thread for this of you want those parts other vendors on here sell the products you seek.
Hawks has lost my business. Calling for tech support,product info and either getting. No answer or someone telling me I'd get a call back which never happens.

Labeling something as yours when its not is wrong , it my be just as good ( which is not ie warranty) bit people were trying to buy the product for a reason , I know I would not want to spend all that hard earned money on knock off **** .

This thread is ALL over different forums .

This has been the second time they have pulled a stunt like this and yet people still buy from them ??
They are always more expensive than the competition.
Hawks will continue to rip people off and have bad ethics ... From all the stories people have posted from when I joined up in 05 till now ....
They will never get a penny from me

Quick Reply: Hawks thirdgen selling knock offs