Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Double D Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 6.0 LQ4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.43
Double D Mods

So, I'm not going to tell anyone not to shop there, but be aware their customer service is awful and they have a **** poor attitude. Now I order a bezel from them, hearing they make a nice product, 7 weeks ago. He said it would take 6-8 weeks to ship (why I don't know, maybe they grow them in the yard or something). So after several unanswered E-Mails and the fact I am once again not some place I can pick up the phone, I filed a dispute with Paypal with a message to please update me on what was going on. I would have been more than happy to close the dispute with a simple reply. So Dennis, sent me this nasty gram:

Nicholas
Not sure why you feel you have to charge something back that when ordered is a 6-8 week lead time(we are now at 7). We have your bezel done and boxed to ship tomorrow. But since you have charged this back we will now cancel your order, refund you as you wish and send it off to the next person who understands the time frame and custom hand made items do not ship over night.

Dennis

So just be aware, if you have issues this is the kind of treatment you will likely receive. Can't tell you how the product is because after this I told him i would never do business with him or his company if this was their attitude, and I would make it point for other people not to either. It's too bad for him because I had 6 other people interested in not only bezels, but double din set-ups as well, so he just cost himself about $5000.00.

8 weeks. I can build a car faster than that.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 659 Likes on 469 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Re: Double D Mods

Please don't take this as an attack on you , cause it isn't ......

You did agree to a 6 to 8 week timeframe , yes ? Now , in an instance such as this , where you know your not dealing with a huge company with many employees who run a full 8 hour a day production shift , you've gotta expect that things like the stated 6 to 8 weeks will be the minimum in which you'll see your order . This Dennis gent is likely a car hobbyist himself with a day job , family life , and does this "on the side" as many "niche market" small businesses do and as we all know life does have it's demands . Had this gone past 8 weeks and you had no communication I could well see your point but you didn't even give the guy the chance to meet the 8 week end limit before you filed the dispute . I have no connection and have never done business with Double D mods and have no plans to use other than the stock radio in my car . That being said , if I were to so radically change my dashboard and needed a custom made part to do so , I'd plan well ahead for things like the lead time of the small company that is making the "one of" part needed for the job .
Old 06-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

Originally Posted by NBrehm
So, I'm not going to tell anyone not to shop there, but be aware their customer service is awful and they have a **** poor attitude. Now I order a bezel from them, hearing they make a nice product, 7 weeks ago. He said it would take 6-8 weeks to ship (why I don't know, maybe they grow them in the yard or something). So after several unanswered E-Mails and the fact I am once again not some place I can pick up the phone, I filed a dispute with Paypal with a message to please update me on what was going on. I would have been more than happy to close the dispute with a simple reply. So Dennis, sent me this nasty gram:

Nicholas
Not sure why you feel you have to charge something back that when ordered is a 6-8 week lead time(we are now at 7). We have your bezel done and boxed to ship tomorrow. But since you have charged this back we will now cancel your order, refund you as you wish and send it off to the next person who understands the time frame and custom hand made items do not ship over night.

Dennis

So just be aware, if you have issues this is the kind of treatment you will likely receive. Can't tell you how the product is because after this I told him i would never do business with him or his company if this was their attitude, and I would make it point for other people not to either. It's too bad for him because I had 6 other people interested in not only bezels, but double din set-ups as well, so he just cost himself about $5000.00.

8 weeks. I can build a car faster than that.
Feel free to take this as an attack.

You were told at the outset its 6-8 weeks. These are modified stock parts, and its not exactly an assembly line.

Next time you want to complain, feel free to do so after your expected time frame has expired, say 9 or 10 weeks.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:19 PM

The wait time wasn't the issue. The attitude was. A simple "It will be ready in a few more days" on any of my initial queries would have been all I needed. I'm a paying customer, paying for a product and a service. I've never, in my life copped an attitude with any of my customers in the past, no matter how much they pissed me off. There is more to the conversation too but I don't feel the need to slander the guy, we discussed it via E-mail and settled it, but I still won't send my business to anyone who responds to their customers that way. I also made clear in Paypal I just wanted an update, but I had no other means to contact him since he wasn't answering E-Mails.

And for the record brother, you are a bad *** internet warrior. I guess I shouldn't have assumed an opinion other than your own would matter. But, this is an opinion section so I'm good with it.

But yeah, totally bad ***, and helpful!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:22 PM

And for the record, after the initial E-mail, and the one after that (which i won't post) I re-sent Dennis one of the previous E-mails I had sent, apparently he did not get it for some reason. But regardless, you don't act toward your customers that way if you want business from me. That is just my opinion, if ya don't like it, you'll get over it.