Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Firebird/Formula/Trans Am Sticker Fonts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am
Engine: 305 - Stock
Transmission: Auto
Firebird/Formula/Trans Am Sticker Fonts?

Don't know if anyone knows what the fonts are for the different stickers.. if there is even a font... probably not.

Just wondering if anyone know.

Reason I'm asking is because I love the way Formula is written on the 4th gen firebirds, and I want to make my own custom stickers because I have access to plotter and vinyl.

If you know, you know. If not its cool. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:30 PM

Re: Firebird/Formula/Trans Am Sticker Fonts?

sofachrome is pretty close to the Trans Am/Ram Air Font... <<< nvm thats the Grand Prix font.

Still lookin for the FORUMLA type font.

Last edited by philthyhimself; 05-25-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Car: 91 Bird w/Aero Pkg - 02 T/A Col Ed.
Engine: 5.0L - 5.7L Ram Air

I searched my font archive and looked around a bit on the net but couldnt find anything 4th gen style. A few where similar but nothing close enough. Ironically I have an actual 3rd gen pontiac font that is exact, from carfonts.com, but they have nothing 4th gen.

I dont know if this will help in searching for the font, but the Pontiac Sunfire uses the same font as the 4th gen emblems.

If you are just wanting some 4th gen style Formula logos as stickers instead of emblems you might be better off getting an emblem off a car at the salvage yard, painting it black and sticking all it properly spaced out to a sheet of white paper. Then pop it in the scanner and use photoshop or something to clean up the image a little, so its a simple black logo on white background. Print that out as a template for your decal machine.

If you are wanting the font to write other words with, possibly your only option would be to make your own 4th gen font using the existing firebird and sunfire emblems as a guide for letter style. I have done this to get fonts for other things, but man is it a mega pain in the rectum.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:03 PM

Yeah I like the Formula like this:
https://id302.securedata.net/superbg...ow%20decal.JPG

My car is Firebird.... but not a formula, however I'd like to have that lettering but have it say Firebird 350 or something... Thought I'd have to create it from scratch but then I found this:

Classic industries has the stickers so I might order them scan them and use just the black Firebird part! Sweat!!! haha or us my design skills and create it from that image. Dunno.

Thanks for your help! =)