Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Idea for the "Member Car" Sub Forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98
Idea for the "Member Car" Sub Forums

Hey I have an idea for the "Member Camaro" and "Member Firebird" sub forums that I wanted to run by everyone.

I find a lot of value in the finished or somewhat finished build threads, would it be possible to separate the "finished" build threads from the "in progress" or "just starting" style ones?

The reason I ask, it seems like there are a lot of "My $500 1985 Z28" threads (I am making the example up) where you open the thread, get excited because the thread is 5-10 pages long and the first post says they are building a turbo charged LSX auto-x car or drag car, then the next 10 pages are just filled with pictures of them porting a TPI manifold, their empty engine bay, or trying wheels on a car on jackstands.

We all know people who never finish their projects or have a project that has an ETA of 5-10 years down the road, it just seems like people rush to start a build thread.

I would love a forum to browse "Member Camaros" or "Member Firebirds" with completed projects. I also think it would be cool to have a separate forum for "In Progress" projects.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Black Irocz28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4 shift kit
Axle/Gears: 3:73 richmend axles and eaton gears
Re: Idea for the "Member Car" Sub Forums

I like that idea....I would even like to see a open chat room..
Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

I would be concerned with splintering those sections too much and so I don't think it would be good to have half a dozen different forums between different stages and Firebirds and Camaros. Instead, it might be better to have defined thread prefixes that would appear in the title of each thread. That way, we don't have half a dozen sections scattered.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98

Originally Posted by JT
I would be concerned with splintering those sections too much and so I don't think it would be good to have half a dozen different forums between different stages and Firebirds and Camaros. Instead, it might be better to have defined thread prefixes that would appear in the title of each thread. That way, we don't have half a dozen sections scattered.
I like that, like a prefix of [FINISHED] or [NEW]. That is a better idea than mine, as all I really want is a way to see the threads where people have made significant progress.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc convertible
Engine: 305
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 posi

Originally Posted by BigKeg
I like that idea....I would even like to see a open chat room..
I agree the open chat room/lounge idea. There are numerous times in the past I thought it would have been great to have this.