Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

COTM Nomination Issues / Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 12:12 AM
COTM Editor (Retired)

Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 89 Formula 350, TTA
COTM Nomination Issues / Rules

we have a great, diverse group of nominees this month, and i really look forward to this months voting. so i didn't want to bring down the vibes of the Voting Thread with my incessant bitching. However, i did want to get some points across so that future COTM Nomination Threads, and in particular COTM Voting Thread construction can go smoother - especially for me.

constructing the COTM Voting Threads typically takes a bit longer than it should under ideal circumstances. ideal circumstances being that everyone follows the Nomination rules to the letter. this month's Voting thread took A LOT longer than it should have, so allow me to make a few points.

like most of you, i have a full time job. and a family. and other responsibilities like playing with my kids and mowing the grass. i also have cars to work on and drive, and i also get tired and want to sleep.

ideally, i should be able to construct the COTM Voting thread by cutting and pasting the information and pictures laid out in the Nomination thread. but when i have to track down full sized pics and/or trim and model year information on multiple nominees in order to construct the Voting thread by doing thread searches and PMing Members, it becomes very tedious and time consuming. and the pics and info aren't always there or easy to come by.

i have PMed members who i wanted to nominate for more useable pics, and i have done thread searches to find good pics of a particular car for the purpose of nomination - as i have done on a monthly basis in order to clean up the nominations in order to have a well-produced Voting Thread. i'm only asking that you, the TGO Members who do the nominating, make the same effort for the one (1) car that you nominate. this is another reason that the Nomination phase lasts for 2-3 weeks, giving you ample time.

and if the winner is disinterested or aloof to the Program and i have to track that member down or search multiple threads in order to construct a proper *WINNER* Thread for that one car, then i will gladly accept that as the price of doing business.

so in short, tiny little pics don't cut it. i'm not going to accept them anymore. and i gotta have the right year and trim information on the cars. i know the RULES LIST has like ten things, but if you look at them individually, i dont think there are any rules listed that most don't agree with. a little attention to detail would help me a whole lot.

Thank you.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA 5-spd TPI
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T-5 baby
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Re: COTM Nomination Issues / Rules

Originally Posted by Linson
we have a great, diverse group of nominees this month, and i really look forward to this months voting. so i didn't want to bring down the vibes of the Voting Thread with my incessant bitching. However, i did want to get some points across so that future COTM Nomination Threads, and in particular COTM Voting Thread construction can go smoother - especially for me.

constructing the COTM Voting Threads typically takes a bit longer than it should under ideal circumstances. ideal circumstances being that everyone follows the Nomination rules to the letter. this month's Voting thread took A LOT longer than it should have, so allow me to make a few points.

like most of you, i have a full time job. and a family. and other responsibilities like playing with my kids and mowing the grass. i also have cars to work on and drive, and i also get tired and want to sleep.

ideally, i should be able to construct the COTM Voting thread by cutting and pasting the information and pictures laid out in the Nomination thread. but when i have to track down full sized pics and/or trim and model year information on multiple nominees in order to construct the Voting thread by doing thread searches and PMing Members, it becomes very tedious and time consuming. and the pics and info aren't always there or easy to come by.

i have PMed members who i wanted to nominate for more useable pics, and i have done thread searches to find good pics of a particular car for the purpose of nomination - as i have done on a monthly basis in order to clean up the nominations in order to have a well-produced Voting Thread. i'm only asking that you, the TGO Members who do the nominating, make the same effort for the one (1) car that you nominate. this is another reason that the Nomination phase lasts for 2-3 weeks, giving you ample time.

and if the winner is disinterested or aloof to the Program and i have to track that member down or search multiple threads in order to construct a proper *WINNER* Thread for that one car, then i will gladly accept that as the price of doing business.

so in short, tiny little pics don't cut it. i'm not going to accept them anymore. and i gotta have the right year and trim information on the cars. i know the RULES LIST has like ten things, but if you look at them individually, i dont think there are any rules listed that most don't agree with. a little attention to detail would help me a whole lot.

Thank you.
I do feel for your dilemma Linson and I personally appreciate your hard work. I feel that when I nominate someone I am honoring their car and their commitment to this community. Thanks for all the crap you put up with and thanks for giving us a venue to display these rolling works of art
Old 06-01-2015, 10:35 AM
COTM Editor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 91 Z28, 87 SC, 90 IROC, 92 RS
Engine: LS1, 305 TPI, L98, NADA
Transmission: T56, 700r4's, and NADA
Axle/Gears: 3.89, 3.42, 3.23, NADA

I feel your pain man. As much as you may want to do the leg work and find good pictures and hunt down people for information about their car, I wouldn't. It only encourages or allows it to continue to happen. If you can't post a quality picture, your nomination gets ignored, or deleted. If a crap picture was posted I typically quoted the postee asking for better picture and let them know it would not be counted, or could be deleted.

You're doing a good job man. Keep your head up! I miss being on here as much as I was
Old 06-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

Originally Posted by BADNBLK
I feel your pain man. As much as you may want to do the leg work and find good pictures and hunt down people for information about their car, I wouldn't. It only encourages or allows it to continue to happen. If you can't post a quality picture, your nomination gets ignored, or deleted. If a crap picture was posted I typically quoted the postee asking for better picture and let them know it would not be counted, or could be deleted.

You're doing a good job man. Keep your head up! I miss being on here as much as I was
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Don't count a nomination and reply to those who don't follow the rules. It isn't your responsibility to do any of the research.

Great work, Linson! Keep up the great work as it is much appreciated. The COTM is a great way to discover cars that many of us didn't know existed.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM
COTM Editor (Retired)

Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 89 Formula 350, TTA

Thanks all,

for your support and understanding.
The following users liked this post:
rdhanded2 (08-07-2021)