Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Starting Restoration on a Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 305
Starting Restoration on a Daily Driver

Ok hi everyone, so I have this 1985 Camaro sport coupe I just bought. It's 29 years old but is in pretty good shape thanks to being a TX car originally. I want to start fixing things and freshening the Camaro up to be my ride for the foreseeable future. I've already complained elsewhere on here about some fool pulling my AC. I will get to fixing that but I was wondering where should I start? I have to save up for the big stuff like a new motor, since the one in there is kind of gross but serviceable for now. Should I begin replacing body panels first? I know I want a new hood? All suggestion are welcome. This is my first car and I want to do it right. Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Starting Restoration on a Daily Driver

Originally Posted by CrystalCamaro
Ok hi everyone, so I have this 1985 Camaro sport coupe I just bought. It's 29 years old but is in pretty good shape thanks to being a TX car originally. I want to start fixing things and freshening the Camaro up to be my ride for the foreseeable future. I've already complained elsewhere on here about some fool pulling my AC. I will get to fixing that but I was wondering where should I start? I have to save up for the big stuff like a new motor, since the one in there is kind of gross but serviceable for now. Should I begin replacing body panels first? I know I want a new hood? All suggestion are welcome. This is my first car and I want to do it right. Thanks
Welcome!
Post some pics of the car might help. What are you hoping to do with it?

Mine was originally an 84 SC, but it's pretty much a 92 Z28 now.
Parts are pretty much all interchangeable throughout the years, so you can do a lot with them.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: 305
Re: Starting Restoration on a Daily Driver

I eventually want to work up to a nice gently modded street machine, something like what was rolling around when these cars where new. I will put up some pics, someone painted the lower body of the car red. The car was originally white. I think it looks nice.