Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

when someone calls your car a p.o.s...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when someone calls your car a p.o.s...

So how do you react when someone calls your 3rd Gen a piece of sh**?
It hurts just as bad when someone calls me hidious. Lol
My paint job is a work in progress..Appearantly people don't get they concept.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:22 AM

Re: when someone calls your car a p.o.s...

Originally Posted by mizcamaro87
It hurts just as bad when someone calls me hidious. Lol
My paint job is a work in progress..Appearantly people don't get they concept.
Lets be honest. Compared to cars today, they are a POS, these cars have very little to offer in stock form. As some have said these cars are all show and no go. To me what makes these cars great is what they don't have, no traction control, no abs and with a manual (with most engines) you can light the rear tires up whenever you want. These cars are also easily upgrade-able. The best thing about these cars though is their iconic looks in my opinion.

If you're driving these cars to impress somebody, you're going to be disappointed. In stock form their under performance (of most models) is well known.

If you're worried about what others think about your car, buy something else. This is a driver's car.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '02 T/A
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Other people's opinions don't matter. I've gone through a bunch of cars including a brand new '11 corvette. In the end I decided I'd rather have a car I put together myself. For me at least there's just something about a thirdgen-they have character. In reality these cars aren't anything special though-they rattled new off the show room floor and definitely weren't fast by today's standards.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:40 AM

Car: 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

It will always sting a little when someone insults something you put a lot of heart into. However, I tend to ignore the sort of people who make such comments (luckily have not had many). Either they're jerks trying to get a rise out of you or just don't understand. People truly into car culture tend to have a mutual respect for each others rides, even when they are still a "work in progress". If they can't see the potential in a car, especially ones these old, it's their loss. They aren't worth my time of day. Of course there's always a little playful jabbing but it's pretty easy to tell who's just having a bit of fun.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 AM

Car: 86 belinneta with 83 front end
Engine: 383
Transmission: M20 muncie
Axle/Gears: 2.73 (till I get some 3.73)

Two of my friends have thirgens, and I wirk in their cars all the time... Well used to anyway... One drive a 92 rs eith a nice blue paint job and the other just aquired an 92 z28 with red faded paint. My car was painted with white house paint when I got it but I sanded it down and painted it flat black just for now. With my car parked next to theirs its no doubt mine looks like crap and they let me know it haha. BUT, to any person who appreciates craftsmenship can clearly see my car is better with mids that I have done ( 96 dash swap, 383, muncie 4 speed, custom cross member, relocated torque arm) and my car is the only ttops out of the bunch lol. Deep down inside I know they are jealous hahaha
Old 05-03-2016, 03:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: l98 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373s

Around here, I've not got a single cross word to my car except for my own. I know it is a work in progress, looks good for it's age though. It's hard to go to the pumps without someone wanting to talk about the car for a few mins. So (I know it will come) when I get the POS dagger, I will know they are the unworthy minority. That being said, it will sting, but undoubtedly the next marveler will brighten me up. To each their own.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Engine: LB9
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65

If they **** on you & your car, why do you work on theirs?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:56 AM

Car: Firebird
Engine: 5737cc
Transmission: 700R4

In Europe no one will call it a piece of ****...heck they will offer you money to buy it
Old 05-03-2016, 09:33 AM

Car: 86 belinneta with 83 front end
Engine: 383
Transmission: M20 muncie
Axle/Gears: 2.73 (till I get some 3.73)

I worked on their cars just to give a helping hand, then they started sh***** on my so I stopped. Now they gatta pay someone else for it . I fontdon't even offer advice
Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird

Tell em their butt is fat and when they look back to check , throw your best haymaker & knock em out cold !

Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Well, that's pretty rude!

Post a pic!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 92 RS / 90 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 / 350
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: Non-Posi / Posi - Both GU2 - 2.73

Mzcamaro87, If i may toss in my ...OrangeBird said it best. IMO, anyone who attempts sh**ing on a ThirdGen has no appreciation for classic and da**it it's blasphemy
Old 05-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Formula 350
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: BorgWarner 3.27 Posi

When my car looked like this...

when someone calls your car a p.o.s...-x2bzh4c.jpg

I would get nothing but turned up noses. I live in Orange County near the beach, so there are lots of nicer vehicles. Exotics, etc.

Now that the car looks like this...

when someone calls your car a p.o.s...-ta0wbau.jpg

I've been getting looks, nods, and thumbs up from the same people that would turn their nose up at me. Paint goes a long way I guess...
Old 05-03-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 92 RS / 90 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 / 350
Axle/Gears: Non-Posi / Posi - Both GU2 - 2.73

That's a nice turn around...It wasn't BAD imo to begin with. Was the exterior rough around the edges...yes, Most ThirdGens are but so are raw diamonds, then someone puts in the work to polish them off just like we do w/ our ThirdGens! Again NICE!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 97 Likes on 62 Posts
Car: 88GTA
Engine: 5.7TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Had a guy at a gas station walk up to me while I was fueling the TTA. He said "all show no go, i'd never own one of those loser 3rd gens!" I said to him "well, you obviously know nothing about cars. Hop in your beat up Ranger and move along."

He just gave me that odd look and left. I LMAO on the way home!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Engine: 5.0 Liter 4-BBL V8 High Output
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I've Never Had That Happen.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88 GTA Notchback
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: don't know

I get New car guys (usually brand new HiPO Mustangs) and import kids all the time. The import kids are easy, I just tell them Ill race them around the parking lot. The new car guys I usually look square in the eye and say "Any moron can order a car, but it takes a real man to build one".

***Life Story Transition***

At the gas station fueling up. A brand new Shelby Mustang and a 90s Buick something-or-other pull up. The guy in the mustang has his Mustang hat, and Mustang jacket on, and is walking around like he is king turd just glaring at my "peasantness". Mustang guy starts filling up with his snotty attitude. Buick guy finishes fueling, looks over and says "that is one nice ride you got there". Mustang guy picks his chin up a little, does that snotty head bob thing. Buick guy says "I love those old Firebirds" and drives off. Mustang guy crumbles and I swagger into the car with a **** eating grin and drive off.

Last edited by Veaceonee; 05-03-2016 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Why is rice-r a censored word?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Originally Posted by hardon85
Lets be honest. Compared to cars today, they are a POS, these cars have very little to offer in stock form. As some have said these cars are all show and no go. To me what makes these cars great is what they don't have, no traction control, no abs and with a manual (with most engines) you can light the rear tires up whenever you want. These cars are also easily upgrade-able. The best thing about these cars though is their iconic looks in my opinion.

If you're driving these cars to impress somebody, you're going to be disappointed. In stock form their under performance (of most models) is well known.

If you're worried about what others think about your car, buy something else. This is a driver's car.
Every car that gets neglected is a pos compared to today's sports car. If you drive a Thirdgen with weathered paint, the stock engine and the original wearable suspension items, then yeah, you're driving a certified beater.BUT if you rebuild the suspension and engine just to stock spec you can have a car that is every bit as fun to drive in traffic and on an autocross. THEN if you use suspension and engine components on par with what they are using today you will have a car that is faster and handles better than many new sports cars.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Ive noticed that most people that call our car a POS are usually saying it from inside there accord or smartcar they have not real taste in cars so screw them
Old 05-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bob88GTA
Had a guy at a gas station walk up to me while I was fueling the TTA. He said "all show no go, i'd never own one of those loser 3rd gens!" I said to him "well, you obviously know nothing about cars. Hop in your beat up Ranger and move along."

People can say that about one of the fastest cars in the 80s? Even faster than Ferrari? Was that guy brain dead....a zombie maybe?

We all know that opinions are like farts we never mind our own but that guy shat his pants and called it a fart.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Car: 87 Trans Am
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56

I usually can't hear it over how loud (I mean awesome) my car is... I've had a few guys in decently quick cars try to show me how slow my old 305 T-top machine is... Except I don't have the old 305 anymore. Usually I get an approving nod or thumbs up once they realize there is some work done to it.

I get people that find out I have one, and immediately start to bag on it, and I can tell the opinion is based on nothing but what other people have said, and that doesn't bother me because I appreciate the opportunity to show them what one of these with just a bit of work can actually become... I can't wait for it to be "finished" to really open some eyes.

However, for the most part, I get positive feed back at meets, the gas station, stop lights and the odd cute girl will stop walking and lift her head from her texting just long enough to look and smile.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Supreme Member

You will find as you get older that people who talk down to other people or diminish their efforts are usually insecure about themselves and their own things.

I have never measured my own self worth by what other people thought of me. If you learn that early enough, you will be far happier.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Car: 1982 trans am
Engine: 305 crossfire
Transmission: th200c

opinions are like as sholes man, everyones got one and they all stink! honestly people always judge everything by the looks or how nice the paint is. honeslty i could care less what someonethinks of my car. i got an old 82 trans am recaro and yea the paints a bit faded and its got the old 305 crossfire. i could swap out the motor for something better and repaint it but then i remember o wait i didnt buy this car for everyone else. i bought it for me. just ignore the in secure retards out there and enjoy your car regardless of its condition. when someone else buys your car for you then you can give a crap what they have to say.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 trans am / 67 gto
Engine: 350TPI
Transmission: AUTO
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt

Originally Posted by PurelyPMD
You will find as you get older that people who talk down to other people or diminish their efforts are usually insecure about themselves and their own things.

I have never measured my own self worth by what other people thought of me. If you learn that early enough, you will be far happier.

yes!
ive never worried what others say, or think. my life, my happyness
i like the cars i have , they may not be the rare versions of the model, but they fill my needs just fine.

and i can say, that ive never had a negative comment on my third gen, ever.
sometimes, the older guys in my club will confuse the 89 with a smokey and the bandit moment, for some unknown reason
Old 05-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by FirebirdUSX
In Europe no one will call it a piece of ****...heck they will offer you money to buy it
How would I sell my third gen fire bird in Europe
Old 05-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

I love everything about the thirdgen, right up until I sit inside one and drive it.

The steering is numb, the engine has a pitifully short power-band, the transmission (700r4) is sloppy junk, the rear-end is vague, skittish, and the rear grip lacks confidence over rough pavement.

All of this is known. Some of it is due to the age of these cars, even when taken care of, the bushings are worn out, the car has developed slop in every articulating joint. The engines are generally tired and worn out.

But I love the looks.

So we upgrade everything we can. Replace everything that annoys us. In the end, you have invested far more into the car, than you can ever reasonably ask in return. It has to be a labor of love.

You have to love the thirdgen, faults and all.

If your car looks clean, you will get appreciative nods. Even if the insides are rotting. For most people beauty is only skin deep when it comes to cars.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 87 IROC
Engine: L31 350
Axle/Gears: 4.10 D44

Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA
In the end, you have invested far more into the car, than you can ever reasonably ask in return.
Don't forget, the same things happens the moment you drive a new car off the lot!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS and 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 soon to be a 383 or 427 SBC
Transmission: T5 and 700R4 soon to be ?
Axle/Gears: Stock...

Just smile and say thanks for looking. The fun comes from building something with your own hands. Buying a Hell Cat or comparable Camaro is the easy way out and who wants to spend that kind of money? Building your own car from a $1500 POS is great therapy for us old warriors.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 176 Likes on 135 Posts
Car: 90 Formula / T-tops
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: MD8

Get rid of that lowly 305 and no one will ever call your car a POS ever again
Old 05-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z Camaro
Engine: TBI,5.0
Transmission: Automatic 700R4
Axle/Gears: Eaton Posi,3.42,LPW Ultimate Cover

The comment above about the 305 is Soooooo.....true.
They get no respect.
Even though I love my car just as it is its hard to say 5.0.
I usually followed that with "a replacement is on the list".

I agree on the paint.
Most people don't even know what they are looking at. (ignorance).
If it shines pretty with nice paint they tend to say it. "Nice looking car", or give you the thumbs up.

Mine was a $500.00 dollar car when I bought it and it was a beater.
I drove it for over 2 years with really bad paint and mismatched front fender for a while.
I got the looks and the comments but all I said is "It WONT BE for much longer".

Also, wheels and tires make a huge impression on the looks of the car. If you can not afford paint (nice paint) then work on the wheels and tires , and give it the stance you want.

Last edited by Ron U.S.M.C.; 05-03-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:49 AM

Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 700r

I have a white 92 RS.with 305 i been working on this baby soon to replace engine..
hood is chipping paint. a little dings here n there..i bump 12inch subs to metal/hardstyle songs..i turn heads everytime..UNTILL..lol..i come accros mustang folks. this kid lives down street from me..2000 something GT..got pissy because i was cruzing down the highway no hurry to get home..he passes me..i floor it..pass em..cut em off before he got to our main street..now he bugs me at circle K..hey man nice ride..wanna sell?...i get nice comments..n get ppl that say get a ford..i just laff n walk away..

but man..every camaro i see..bad shape or awsome shape..i nod/wave at them..they wave back.. i grew up around muscle cars an like everyone else that posted this..you building your car/fixing it up is worth more to you then dropping 20k on eyecandy hondas..lol
Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

You know, I think it is just human nature (people nowadays) to just call anything that is not shiney or new a P.O.S. They don't know your situation or your plans for a specific vehicle and should just keep their mouth shut and go on with their own business. Our cars are easy targets though. My car is far from perfect and perfect from far! I have not had anyone bad mouth it yet, but when they do...here's the response. " Man I know my car looks like crap and I am $100 short on a new paint job, so if you would like to give me a hundred I will get that taken care of so you won't have to look at my POS anymore!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS & 2014 Camaro SS V8
Engine: 305 & 6.2L

I've never had anyone call my 92 RS a peace of crap. It's still on the road. Can they say the same for their cars 20 years from now? probably not.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: Dynamic Racing Reverse Manual 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 3.45

I got my 86 TA as my first car in high school, when I got it the clear was flaking everywhere and there was a large amount of rot under the ground effects, a couple weeks later when I drove it to school after I cut out all the rot, patched, skimmed the dings, replaced the cracked ground effects, and primed it people were confused and would say, "you made it so ugly!" when in reality they don't understand the concept of rot eating away the metal or the car being primed and ready for a nice new shiny coat of paint.

A lot of people try to play it off as if they know all about cars but when you put a wrench in their hands they choke. eventually people started respecting the work I was doing on it because I was probably the only one in high school to back up my words with the work I was doing on my car, everyone else was just plasti-dipping their rims and calling themselves "car guys"
Old 05-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: Th400wbrake/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11/4.30/4.56

don't hate the playa...hate the Game...
Old 05-04-2016, 11:51 PM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z Vert
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I have never had anyone say any negative comments at all about my 89 IROC vert. The paint is original, swirl marks and light scratches here and there. Can't see out the back window anymore. I am usually the one when some comes up to me and asks me about the car that starts defending it as soon as they speak. "needs a new paint job... or top is getting old. I am gonna fix this next, or gonna get that."... and all they usually say is "Still looks good to me. I remember when I had one. Wish I still had it."... As for me I have always wanted a third gen from day one. I like the look. I like that I can drive around all day here in San Diego and not see another IROC, especially a vert, and if I do I gotta break my neck to see it and appreciate it. Like many of you have already said. People are shallow and only care if your car is shiny or attractive to the eye. I bet most of them don't even know what they are looking at let alone knowing anything about the drivetrains of these cars or the mods that are possible if you have the money. The 80's were awesome and so were a lot of the cars, you cannot compare a third gen to the new muscle now a days or even any car nowadays. The were great in their day and still are in the eyes of a true third gen lover no matter what anybody can say about our cars. Feel sorry for them that they will never understand the relationship one can have for that special car. No matter how bad she can ever look. I will always love my third gen and it don't matter what anyone could ever say that would hurt my feelings. Maybe it don't look the best or maybe it's not as fast but what does it really matter?... It could be later on. All these new cars nowadays will never be like ours. They wont last. Everything is more expensive and made cheaper. they will just rot away while the third gens that were loved and cared for will still be rolling down the road...
Old 05-05-2016, 05:09 AM

Swirls and paint chips are on new cars that are used as daily drivers.I have yet to see a daily driver without paint problems especially if the car sits outside.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 155 Likes on 99 Posts
Car: 1984 T/A
Engine: LQ4
Axle/Gears: Ford 8.8 4.10 gears

My car gets put down all the time. I even had a work colleague tell me "for the money you make I'm surprised you dont have a vette or something." ......Mind you my car does need paint and body work badly. Its got 6.0 liters under the hood so I just carry on. 206k miles and counting. Why buy a brand new car when I easily upgraded my drivetrain for just a few grand. My formula on the other hand always gets compliments.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

Had the GTA out today.

Got some compliments on the way home. Oddly enough it was from a cop. He hit the sirens for a half second to get my attention, then shouted "I love your car".

When the sirens hit, I thought I was getting a ticket or a warning for loud exhaust, or some antics about 5 minutes previous.

Getting on an on-ramp for a short highway jaunt the back-end came out super quick and unexpectedly. I had to do a massive counter-steer to bring the back-end in line. I probably turned the wheel more than 90° to the left. My heart didn't even skip a beat. In fact, it only encouraged me to just lay on the throttle once the back-end was under control.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

"Got some compliments on the way home. Oddly enough it was from a cop. He hit the sirens for a half second to get my attention, then shouted "I love your car".

This same thing happened to me a few months back! I was sitting at a light staring straight ahead and a State trooper pulled up next to me and hit the siren to get my attention. He jestured for me to roll down the window, I did of course, He asked what year and told me I had a sweeeet ride and keep it that way! I thought I was the only one this happened to. At least the cops like 3rd gens!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Car: 1989 IROC G92 LB9 MK6
Transmission: MK6
Axle/Gears: 3.45

I pastor a church, and was driving a beat up '85 T/A to work for a time and a church member called the cops and said someone was breaking into the church and leaving in a gangster car.... Shared it as a sermon illustration about judging others and we all had a good laugh. its OK to lighten up and have some fun in life.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

I was at a show and overheard a guy say it was a sad day when cars like mine were in the car shows. I eased over to him and asked why he said that and where was his f@#*in car. Of course he didn't have a car and I asked him did he realize my car was 27 years old. Then I told him my car had held up better and looked much better than his wife.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Car: 87 iroc-z
Engine: 454
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 3.73

had a guy out here where we live talking smack about my car last year. he's a body guy with a really nice looking and running mustang, aluminum heads, loud exhaust, etc. he talked smack for 2 weeks while my tranns was apart. finally got it back together and set a race date. a bunch of guys showed up to watch. he lost, lol. funny thing was, never saw him again.

i always get compliments. mostly from older people who say, "i had one of those back in high school", etc.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Axle/Gears: Stock

I find many muscle cars fans from the 60s to early 70s always turn their nose up on the 3rd gen. Too much plastic, etc. But I love my car. I bought it new in 1989 and when it was painted black and freshly waxed it was a head turner. Now its pealing gun metal gray, I like that color.

Plan is to strip it down and get it back to black, deep and rich. Again I love all American muscle cars. My car is special to me, that's all that matters really.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dmccain
I was at a show and overheard a guy say it was a sad day when cars like mine were in the car shows. I eased over to him and asked why he said that and where was his f@#*in car. Of course he didn't have a car and I asked him did he realize my car was 27 years old. Then I told him my car had held up better and looked much better than his wife.

....and that's when the fight broke out! LOL!!!

One of many reasons why I will cruise right on past a show or cruise night - just can't stand people sometimes.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:52 AM

Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: AUTO, 56k orig

I never had problems at shows or cruise ins....had a great time last fall at one. Its my own friends who pick on me....hillbilly trailer trash etc. I just simply reply its the car of my people and where i live.....im on a long dirt road in the middle of the woods in the adirondack mountains. Creek flows right past my living room windows. I did add 154 tons of gravel this year because it was too much work keeping the car clean. That being said there are some pretty roached out third gens 'round here.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Axle/Gears: Stock

Originally Posted by punkmaster98
My car gets put down all the time. I even had a work colleague tell me "for the money you make I'm surprised you dont have a vette or something." ......Mind you my car does need paint and body work badly. Its got 6.0 liters under the hood so I just carry on. 206k miles and counting. Why buy a brand new car when I easily upgraded my drivetrain for just a few grand. My formula on the other hand always gets compliments.

The Formula is AWESOME! Where did you get the rims and what size are then and tires??
Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 86' IROC
Engine: Supercharged 350
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Originally Posted by Bob88GTA

LMAO.

Originally Posted by thtanner
When my car looked like this...
I would get nothing but turned up noses. I live in Orange County near the beach, so there are lots of nicer vehicles. Exotics, etc.

I've been getting looks, nods, and thumbs up from the same people that would turn their nose up at me. Paint goes a long way I guess...
This.

I get **** from mustang guys here and there, But its funny. When it comes down to racing me or keeping up around town, they are never there. I get alot of complements at the liquor store oddly enough. Got stopped three times in one night and most of the people who stop me are a "I had one of these!" kind of deal. Little kids everywhere with the thumbs up and the occasional kid giving me the light the tires gesture. Its give and take honestly.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:41 PM

Car: 1987 irocz28
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: t5 5 speed
Axle/Gears: GU4 3.08 g80

My car is a pos but everyone tells me its a great car. I do live in colorado so they could be high jk. No i get well wishes and hopes that they see me with it all restored nothing but love out here.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 155 Likes on 99 Posts
Car: 1984 T/A
Engine: LQ4
Axle/Gears: Ford 8.8 4.10 gears

Originally Posted by Hawkeye1980
The Formula is AWESOME! Where did you get the rims and what size are then and tires??
Wheels are billet specialties. 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the rear.275/40/17 in the rear and 255 in the front if i recall but i can double check

Quick Reply: when someone calls your car a p.o.s...