Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

Full brake system...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full brake system...

Hellow guys...

I have a 1985 z28, with drums in the rear. The front right used to pull hard under a slam of the brakes. Also some of the lines are showing some age.

I have the engine out and i was planning on doing all of the lines, maybe new front calipers(rebuilt), maybe upgrade the rears. Then i noticed it might be easier painting the firewall if i pull the master and brake booster, so maybe i will replace them too.

I plan to do some aggressive autocrossing with the car maybe a roadrace but mostly street/strip stuff. I had dreams of 98-02 brakes and 4th gen wheels, but i am really focused on getting it back on the road, but replace stuff as they make sense.

I initially thought just replace the lines, then thought remanufactured fron calipers since so cheap, then thought do the rears, not sure i want ls1 stuff yet as i dont want to deal with wheels. Then started thi king the booster and master look original, and it would make my firewall painting easier.

Is there an affordable master cylinder boost setup, that is ideal, but cheap. Maybe even adjustable?

Any specific line styles to go with, and brake setups as well. I am just open for some peoples ideas. Thank you.