Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

WTB rust-free 88-92 in WI

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB rust-free 88-92 in WI

I am looking for a rust free project in the central Wisconsin area. I would prefer a driving car, must be V8 car. I would like to spend less than $3000. Mechanical problems-OK, Paint problems-OK, I just don't want to deal with rust.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

Car: Camaro RS
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: manual
Re: WTB rust-free 88-92 in WI

i have an 89 rs 305 tbi 5 speed t tops rims good interior except cracked dash pad, poly sway bar end links, good tires, brand new windsheild b/c of hail, tbi mods, open element air intake, real fun car about 90,000 miles i beleive. its my daily driver. things that need to be fixed are hood is dented from hail, drivers side fender has dent from soembody turning into me while backing out, and minor hail dents on drivers side of body but easy fix if you know what your doing. car is red and needs a new paint job sometime due to the lack of gm paint being good, its just fading and clear coat is wearing off. im located in northern wisconsin. make me an offer if your serious of buying. great car i love it. ALSO comes with hedmen 1 5/8 headers and a y pipe and everything to isntall them. let me know
Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by blimko
i have an 89 rs 305 tbi 5 speed t tops rims good interior except cracked dash pad, poly sway bar end links, good tires, brand new windsheild b/c of hail, tbi mods, open element air intake, real fun car about 90,000 miles i beleive. its my daily driver. things that need to be fixed are hood is dented from hail, drivers side fender has dent from soembody turning into me while backing out, and minor hail dents on drivers side of body but easy fix if you know what your doing. car is red and needs a new paint job sometime due to the lack of gm paint being good, its just fading and clear coat is wearing off. im located in northern wisconsin. make me an offer if your serious of buying. great car i love it. ALSO comes with hedmen 1 5/8 headers and a y pipe and everything to isntall them. let me know
Yes, That sounds like something that I would be very interested in. Before I come and look at the car I would like to ensure that it is not rusty. Could you send me some pictures of the car. Please include some close up pictures of the rear wheel wells and bottoms of the doors. I would also like to see some general pictures of the interior, engine compartment and damaged areas of the body. You can send the pictures to me directly at: jnlissa@wctc.net Thanks for the reply and if I like what I see I would be able to come and look at it on Thursday.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:34 PM

UPDATE: the headers and y pipe are installed!!! also picked up a good and drivers side fender for it this weekend. lots of extra parts to go with this car. there isnt ANY rust on the outside at all and the bottom of doors are pretty flawless as well. the undercarage has surface rust of course from being in wisconsin but you find my a car this old that doesnt look like that right?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:15 PM

UPDATE: the headers and y pipe are installed!!! also picked up a good and drivers side fender for it this weekend. lots of extra parts to go with this car. there isnt ANY rust on the outside at all and the bottom of doors are pretty flawless as well. the undercarage has surface rust of course from being in wisconsin but you find my a car this old that doesnt look like that right?
I have found that the definition of "surface rust" varies alot. I would like to see some detailed pictures before I drive two and a half hours to look at it. I have wasted a lot of time looking at cars that are going to cost more to fix than they are worth. If any of the seams in the fender wells or door bottoms are rusting enough that they are starting to seperate, its more than I want to fix. Otherwise, your car sounds like just what I'm looking for. Please send some pictures. By the way, do you have an asking price?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:03 PM

ill send picks soon..do you have an offer??
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 PM

ill send picks soon..do you have an offer??
No, I can't make an offer until I look the car over in person.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM

id hate for you to drive all this way with the gas prices these days and end up saying no deal. im looking for a trade with something mor than a sale, i need a car to drive.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM

ttt
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 PM

It's an 85 but rust free except for an oddball hole under some weatherstrip. Check out my add in this section if you haven't already.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:53 PM

ATTENTION

My funding is gone! I have purchaced an 88 IROC.

Thank you to everyone that replied on this site and by email.