Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

1988 Camaro Iroc-Z 355ci carb SS Hood 350+HP

Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Iroc-Z
Engine: 355ci
Transmission: WC-T5
1988 Camaro Iroc-Z 355ci carb SS Hood 350+HP

just like it says, 88 camaro iroc-z with a 355 carbed motor in it, with a T-5 5speed tranny.. i have receipts for everything piled in my file cabinet i can give you info if you need it, im in Tampa, Florida, need to get rid of this car ASAP im going back to college and ive had this car since i was 16 and I just cant work on it anymore, i dont have the time nor the money to put into it. we pulled the 305tpi out a lil over 3 years ago, threw in a 355ci that we built up, the car ran a 14.0 and i was running out of fuel once i got in 4th gear, probably needs to get a higher GPH gas pump, needless to say i drove off the line like a grandma and ran out of fuel 4/5 the way down and still hit a 14.0, so IMO the car is easily a mid 13, low 13 second car and probably even 12's with some TLC and a couple minor upgrades, thats why i listed the car at 350+HP i dont know what it is pushing exactly but its gotta be up there, it really gets up and goes when you want it...

some things wrong with the car...

i was in the middle of converting the car to 92GFX, i have everything minus one of the door little trim pieces on the bottom.. the back IS installed already and the back GFX... the side GFX are not on the car at all, i still have both sets and will most likely reinstall the old set just to put the car back together.. i also removed the rear 3 piece spoiler cause i have a Z28 Highrise i was going to mount, but i never got around to it, i will probably put the old 3 piece back on.. which one side has a little cracked hole in the back of it. The front end is slightly buckled a little on a headlight pocket, i have a complete 92gfx front end including the lower to go with the car, it is just NOT installed..

the paint is bad lol, it is a van nuys car ( i think thats the name of the plant), it needs a paint job for sure, its not BAD but... it needs one lol, the car has a ASCD SS hood on it, will probably need to be regelcoated and primed and painted.. i cut the back of it out to allow air to flow in and out easier, its great.. there is some surface rust on a couple bare parts like the decklid and the hood.... it is seriously NOTHING though, its just sitting there cause i dont drive the car that much.., the only other thing is a couple normal dings here and there obviously, and the car probably needs new fenders, one is a little rolled from someone backing into me and the same with the other fender, but it can probably be worked out to look normal.. the doors need new door pins, you know all the typical stuff a regular 20 year old car will need, it was my project car. the speedo doesnt work, i have a complete assembly to go back in it, it just is not installed.. the dash is cracked due to the torque, happened when i went to the track lol... car needs some Sub frame connectors.. the car has a 2000 camaro SS manual console in it, black.. i never mocked up the front radio part so its pretty much incomplete lol, but it does have the 2000 camaro SS console bolted up which is pretty sweet.. the car does not have a headliner in it, or a pillars, but i do have the a pillars to go up... the hatch needs a new hatch motor.

the cam is a xe268h, heads are iron vortec heads bought brand new and were extremely ported and polished out by myself, took like 2 months, the intake is a rpm air-gap knockoff, works great. the carb on it right now i believe is a holley 600, and this is restricting the car SOOO much IMO... if you slap a 750 or a 800 on this thing my god.. what i would give to have an extra 500$ to try that out... the headers are Hooker and they go into the hooker ypipe and the cat was replaced with a piece of exhaust, and it goes into the Hooker Aerochamber catback exhaust... the car sounds great, i personally havent heard a car that sounds as good, i really love it. tranny is a T-5, the clutch is a centerforce Stage 3, still works like new, grabs like a mother.. I have put maybe 7k miles in the car.. its been oil changed i dont know how many times lol, im wierd about it.. i dont drive the car at all, its all highway travel to sarasota and back which is 120miles total...

i tried to just list everything i could think of off the top of my head, i just wanted to throw it out here on the forum for a thirdgen enthusiast, i really dont want anyone getting a hold of it and totaling it.. it has too much potential and work put into it.. if you have any questions or anything let me know, i am going to take pics soon, i have older ones too.. and my phone number is (813)943-9861 if you would like to contact me on the phone, just let me know your from thirdgen. Thanks everyone i appreciate your time help a college student out lol im trying to be a firefighter <3

as far as price goes, im looking to get whatever i can for it, the car is very fast and i love it to death but i just need something a little more practical for this time in my life.. im looking to get like around 4000$ for the car, i have alot invested in it. so toss me some offers please thanks!

Ben Hostetler

Last edited by Wootah; 10-05-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Re: 1988 Camaro Iroc-Z 355ci carb SS Hood 350+HP

3000???

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Car: 2008 Impala SS
Engine: 5.3L V8

got any more pics?

630racing@ameritech.net
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM

ill try to get some today.... the car is dirty as hell lol, and it is kind of in pieces atm.. just the side GFX and rear spoiler are off, and the rear GFX and bumper are green cause I was converting it to 92gfx, and the fenders are a little wack like i said earlier, havent been so lucky with parking lots, i guess alot of people like backing in to our cars..