Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

85 IROC-Z, non-op Sacramento, ca

Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85 IROC-Z, non-op Sacramento, ca

$2000 obo - 1985 IROC-Z Camaro 305 TPI, Auto, T-Top, not running, California car. 160K miles. 3rd owner, 1st was an elderly woman that sold it when her husband passed and she kept his Vette, 2nd was a middle-aged couple that used it for date-nights. I pampered this car from the day I took possession, but time has now taken it’s toll and the car needs some work. Loved this car so much, hate to see it sitting in my garage waiting for it’s “re-birth”. Same old story, too many toys/projects, and not enough time/money. More info than you need, but I’d really like to see her go to a good home.
All original except for factory-look CD/Cassette Deck replacement, K&N air filters, Magnaflow exhaust and a swapped-in trans until I could have the original rebuilt (original transmission included with the sale). Driver’s seat is slightly worn, sun has faded rear seat and plastics under the hatch in the rear quarters. Small amount of water leakage at T-Top seals, so she stays in the garage during winter. Clear coat is peeling on hood and roof. Tires have less than 2K miles on them. Engine seized, possibly due to clogged oil galley, pressure spiked and then the engine ran to a halt, will need rebuild. OE stock transmission will also need rebuild as front pump is leaking, and shifts were softening. Small ding in front fender/dr side door from a hit&run (see photos), no other accidents clean title! The dr/side frnt fender was repainted once, but no records found on why. Have original dealer keychain and some records.
Email for other pics. Will post RPO’s and other pics if wanted.

Last edited by gearhead151; 10-20-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Posted pics
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM

Re: 85 IROC-Z, non-op Sacramento, ca

All serious offers considered...she's my baby, but I need to find her a new good home!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:54 PM

Answer to some questions:
This is a "no frills" car, no a/c, no pwr window, no pwr hatch, no pwr lock
It has the optional HO camshaft pkg that put the redline up to 5500rpm
See Pic for RPO and VIN
Interior shows wear from being driven daily.
I have limited space and limited space and project $ must sell

somebody tried to clean up the panels or restore/prshr wash? I have not been able to get marks out since purchased

Last edited by gearhead151; 10-25-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested,,, I am in Texas.. So, if we could agree on a price.. i would have to figure out the most cost effective way to get it here..

Could i possibly get some more pic's?? Kind of all the way around.

I could easily do $1K as it sits... Let me know buddy.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:57 PM

Are you willing to go lower than 2K? what would i need to fix first to get it running, since i'd probably go and pick it up there.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by So.cal.soccer21
Are you willing to go lower than 2K? what would i need to fix first to get it running, since i'd probably go and pick it up there.
Lower than $2k...make an offer, I think $2k is reasonable and what it would be worth to me if I were looking to buy(trying to be unbiased of course).

To get running, would need bottom-end rebuild, minimum new main bearings. I would recommend complete motor rebuild since it has almost 160k on it. The ECM and all sensors were working perfectly until the mechanical failure. Replaced O2 sensor prior to last CA smog, and has never had difficulty passing. The trans currently in the car is a used stock-GM rebuild unit that I purchased and put in the car since the OE Trans had a serious front pump leak and I didn't want to destroy it. Since it is not a "performance" trans it has soft shifts and is not a good compliment to this cars potential, but does get it down the road. OE trans included with the car to keep a #matching car. Tires are brand new, replaced less than 3k before I parked it. Shocks/struts need replacement, and brakes have plenty of meat left on them, rotors not warpped or severely worn w/no unusual wear patterns(ie gouges, grooves, discoloration, etc..). Ball joints were replaced a few years ago, and in-tank fuel pump was replaced also just a few years ago. Fuel stabilizers were added before storing, but fuel system may need cleaning as it has sat for almost a year now.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 PM

$1500.00 is probably the most i would give...

The rebuild of the motor, tranny, and that gouge in the front fender, shocks,struts,... You are looking @ alot of coin... That is even if you are doing it yourself... If you are paying someone... Then you are talking some serious coin!

Don't get me wrong... that is certainly a nice IROC...Looks to have been well taken care of.. I hate it that some jackass hit it!! Prior to that the cars body looks perfect.

I did not mean to insult you with my offer,,, That was not my intent.. You said obo...

My wife has an uncle in Cali.. He restores cars..

I am interested... If you and i could agree on a price,, aybe we could move forward.

If not,,, good luck on a nice older car..
Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2000Z14X2
$1500.00 is probably the most i would give...

The rebuild of the motor, tranny, and that gouge in the front fender, shocks,struts,... You are looking @ alot of coin... That is even if you are doing it yourself... If you are paying someone... Then you are talking some serious coin!

Don't get me wrong... that is certainly a nice IROC...Looks to have been well taken care of.. I hate it that some jackass hit it!! Prior to that the cars body looks perfect.

I did not mean to insult you with my offer,,, That was not my intent.. You said obo...

My wife has an uncle in Cali.. He restores cars..

I am interested... If you and i could agree on a price,, aybe we could move forward.

If not,,, good luck on a nice older car..
Email/PM sent...you seem serious, let's close this. Appreciate the exp of 1st offer...when negotioating you have to start somewhere, I understand.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

OMG This would be perfect for my LT1 plans. Couple questions :P

1. Is the body %100 straight / ANY rust at all / T-Top leak?

2. Can you take the engine / tranny out (if not its ok .. i just don't need em)

3. Can you ship to Canada (Victoria B.C. V9A 5Z3) ..

I have never bought a car from the states so i have no idea what is involved.

If you want to try and work something out send lots of pics to oliverdixon@gmail.com

Last edited by fuctfuct; 10-29-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM

I'll be in touch... I am in Houston this week on business...

PM me a phone number...
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Wow .. shipping is alot! (didn't think it was cheap but dam! lol)

NM
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 PM

I would imagine shipping would be a bit $ to Canada. You may be better off renting/borrowing a trailer and picking it up in person. It would be your responsibility to arrange shipping, and I will do my best to coordinate with carrier.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 AM

$1200.00 CASH and i could have my wife's uncle pick it up..

He will be visiting Texas during Thanksgiving.. I could send the money back with him..
(he lives close to sacramento)..

i'll worry about getting it to Texas.. Come on, blown motor,worn out tran's, gouge in drivers 1/4 panel,door...

What say you..?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM

$1500, PRICE LOWERED! Need to sell, I need the space in my garage!