Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[TN] 1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand "GSS" L69 Z/28 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand "GSS" L69 Z/28 Camaro

1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand Sport Suspension Z/28 Camaro.

This car was the first car personally built by Matt Berger (current/owner/operator Berger Chevrolet Grand Rapids Michigan) when he was youngster back in 1983. The car was built to exact same specs with the same Dick Guldstrand Guldstrand Sport Suspension (GSS) parts as the 1983 Dick Guldstrand Nelson Ledges 24 Hour RACE WINNING Showroom Stock Race car. Berger Chevrolet is famous for the COPO & ZL1 Camaro's of the 1960's and their current Production Modified Camaro's. Berger, Yenko, Dana, Baldwin/Motion & Nickey Chevrolet were the BIG Camaro players during the Muscle Car Era. Berger Chevrolet is the only left still in business since the 1920's!

The car started as newly released 1983 L69 5 Speed Z/28 Camaro. Mr Berger tells me he built this car while his Dad was on vacation! I have email letters from Mr Berger confirming his building and use of the car. The car was sold in late 1983 by Berger Chevrolet never to be seen again until found this spring in Michigan.

Mr. Guldstrand was involved in this "Berger Camaro" project by provided the suspension system and parts for the build. There are articles and a shootout test in Hot Rod Magazine in 1982-1983 about the 10-12 GSS Camaro's built by Mr Guldstrand, the Maier Mustang, Quickor Suspension Mustang and the Herb Adams Trans Am. The Guldstrand GSS Camaro won the shootout!

The car is in decent Non-Running condition. Under the hood the period 290 HP 350 crate engine is basically complete but is stuck from sitting for many years. When I purchased the car the car was missing the 5 speed transmission. I now have the 5 speed transmission and most all the parts for re-install/rebuild including a complete Flowmaster exhaust. All the GSS suspension parts are still on the car with the exception of all of the Guldstrand sourced Bilstein Shocks/struts. Mr. Berger installed an EXPENSIVE set of 3 piece "Epsilon" mesh wheels on the car when built. Those Wheels are still on the car, in excellent condition with all 4 center caps. AMAZING! The 140 MPH speedo installed "By Berger" is still in the car.

The body on the car is in good overall condition with no evidence of any accident damage. There are several area's of small rust on the car. I can provide detailed pictures as needed. The SMC plastic hood is still on the car. The doors, quarters, fenders, hatch etc are all original to the car. The bumper covers are in good condition with paint peeling. The overall paint on the car is decent but worthy of a repaint.

The interior is complete. It appears the seats have been changed at some point. The rest of the interior is complete and in good condition. The unique early dash pad is still there. All the gauges are complete, nice original carpet, door panels and all interior trim complete.

Under the hood the engine/transmission are out of the car and with the car. I have all the components for re-install including the correct 5.0 HO dual snorkel air cleaner, radiator, shroud, engine exhaust, PS pump, complete A/C system, alternator etc.

If you want a VERY UNIQUE 3rd Gen Camaro from 2 of the premier Camaro names (Berger & Guldstrand) you have found your car!

$3,500.00

Questions?

Call me anytime at 615 347 7459

Telephone Calls ONLY!

I do not have text and do not like email/PM.

I look forward to TALKING with you!

Detailed Pictures Available.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's
Re: 1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand "GSS" L69 Z/28 Camaro

Did you contact Matt to see if he wanted this car?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 88 Trans Am Hardtop
Engine: 350 L98
Transmission: Stock 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Aussie 9

This car was on eBay in April. The seller stated he asked Matt about the cars history so I assume he passed on the chance to buy it.

Edit: auction link didn't work
Old 10-29-2013, 02:13 AM
On Probation

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice try. Guldstrand was involved by "provided parts"- Funniest thing I've read all day. Someone bought those decals at pepboys, it is nothing special at all.

For the record, I used to be one of Dick's race car drivers on his GRA team for 7 years...and I acttually rode in that 1982 shootoput car back in that year. THis is not it, not were any duplicated, marketed and sold with "GSS" on it. What a joke.

Dean

Last edited by SlickTrackGod; 10-29-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 AM
On Probation

And in case you are wondering,who the hell I am, here is a pic of Dick and I together a few years ago. His health is fading badly I am sad to say. I have known him for 40+ years and has been a family friend. I finally one day had the idea to sanp a shot of us together because It dawned on me he is aging and I have never taken a photo ever with him.

That car is fake.
Attached Thumbnails 1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand "GSS" L69 Z/28 Camaro-3392_3941845833028_570164293_n.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Vintageracer
1983 Berger Chevrolet Dick Guldstrand Sport Suspension Z/28 Camaro.

This car was the first car personally built by Matt Berger (current/owner/operator Berger Chevrolet Grand Rapids Michigan) when he was youngster back in 1983. The car was built to exact same specs with the same Dick Guldstrand Guldstrand Sport Suspension (GSS) parts as the 1983 Dick Guldstrand Nelson Ledges 24 Hour RACE WINNING Showroom Stock Race car. Berger Chevrolet is famous for the COPO & ZL1 Camaro's of the 1960's and their current Production Modified Camaro's. Berger, Yenko, Dana, Baldwin/Motion & Nickey Chevrolet were the BIG Camaro players during the Muscle Car Era. Berger Chevrolet is the only left still in business since the 1920's!

The car started as newly released 1983 L69 5 Speed Z/28 Camaro. Mr Berger tells me he built this car while his Dad was on vacation! I have email letters from Mr Berger confirming his building and use of the car. The car was sold in late 1983 by Berger Chevrolet never to be seen again until found this spring in Michigan.

Mr. Guldstrand was involved in this "Berger Camaro" project by provided the suspension system and parts for the build. There are articles and a shootout test in Hot Rod Magazine in 1982-1983 about the 10-12 GSS Camaro's built by Mr Guldstrand, the Maier Mustang, Quickor Suspension Mustang and the Herb Adams Trans Am. The Guldstrand GSS Camaro won the shootout!

The car is in decent Non-Running condition. Under the hood the period 290 HP 350 crate engine is basically complete but is stuck from sitting for many years. When I purchased the car the car was missing the 5 speed transmission. I now have the 5 speed transmission and most all the parts for re-install/rebuild including a complete Flowmaster exhaust. All the GSS suspension parts are still on the car with the exception of all of the Guldstrand sourced Bilstein Shocks/struts. Mr. Berger installed an EXPENSIVE set of 3 piece "Epsilon" mesh wheels on the car when built. Those Wheels are still on the car, in excellent condition with all 4 center caps. AMAZING! The 140 MPH speedo installed "By Berger" is still in the car.

The body on the car is in good overall condition with no evidence of any accident damage. There are several area's of small rust on the car. I can provide detailed pictures as needed. The SMC plastic hood is still on the car. The doors, quarters, fenders, hatch etc are all original to the car. The bumper covers are in good condition with paint peeling. The overall paint on the car is decent but worthy of a repaint.

The interior is complete. It appears the seats have been changed at some point. The rest of the interior is complete and in good condition. The unique early dash pad is still there. All the gauges are complete, nice original carpet, door panels and all interior trim complete.

Under the hood the engine/transmission are out of the car and with the car. I have all the components for re-install including the correct 5.0 HO dual snorkel air cleaner, radiator, shroud, engine exhaust, PS pump, complete A/C system, alternator etc.

If you want a VERY UNIQUE 3rd Gen Camaro from 2 of the premier Camaro names (Berger & Guldstrand) you have found your car!

$3,500.00

Questions?

Call me anytime at 615 347 7459

Telephone Calls ONLY!

I do not have text and do not like email/PM.

I look forward to TALKING with you!

Detailed Pictures Available.
If you are debating buying this car you are intitled to the facts.

The headline post of this car is wrong and Dick Guldstrand had absolutely no involvement in this car. Parts were merely purchased out of a Dick Guldstrand catalog and not installed by Dick or anyone from his shop. Thus the name Dick Guldstrand is being illegally misrepresented in the sale of this car for profit.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/hist...ml#post5659759
Old 11-04-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sold