Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[MD] Amazing 1996 Camaro Z28 SS w less than 19k org. miles!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing 1996 Camaro Z28 SS w less than 19k org. miles!

Hello,

** * I'm selling my incredible condition 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS hardtop with less than 19,000 actual original miles! And YES, it has the factory Hurst (6) speed transmission. It is "Artic White" in exterior color w "Black Graphite" leather interior. Based on the Internet and Chevy's overall production numbers for 1996...this is 1 of a grand total of 73 ever produced in this make, model, and color combination! A true collector car, not to mention that my car was on MECUM Auto Auction before out of Florida! Pictures and actual in-person condition are mind blowing! I believe the first person to actually see, hear, and drive this car, will buy it...it's jut that nice! Doesn't even look 5 years old let alone all most 20 years old. Next year in Maryland, this car will be Historic tag eligible!

http://testdrivejunkie.com/1996-chev...ss-test-drive/

** * The 1996 Chevy Camaro Z-28 SS -- was the ONLY model year made with the Z-28 SS double badging. Mine is 100% original (plus added front shocktower sway bar) with less than 19,000 original miles. *It has the LT-1 5.7L 350 small block V-8 with a (6) speed manual transmission. This vehicle marks the return of the SS package and the first cold air functional ram-air induction system that has been seen on a Camaro since the 1969 Cowl induction hood on the '69 Z-28. This helps this car turn out 305 horsepower (feels like a lot more!) with 325 pound-feet of torque. Other features on this SS are an upgraded Bose sound system and factory installed subwoofer, Street Legal Performance/SLP Engineering's TOLT (Two Out The Left) exhaust system, Level II Bilstein sport suspension package, Performance lubricants package, Hurst performance shifter, SLP optional Torsen torque sensing limited slip differential with aluminum cover. In 1996, only 2,410 total SS's were built in this first year of this Z-28 SS. Also, 1996 was GM's lowest total production number for all Super Sports from 1996-2002! My car's production number is "622" marked on a center console stamped plaque.

Please keep in mind that this car out performed the Cobra Mustang and Pontiac Firebird for the same year. Here is what an expert thought: "Here's the real deal, the kind of serious, all-out, no-holds-barred muscle-car that makes gearheads of all ages breathe fire and burn rubber.

The Camaro SS is a roaring testosterone enhancer, filled with sound, fury and 305 horsepower. This special-edition Camaro is a terrific revival of the awesome muscle cars of the '60s, down to the classic Hurst stick shift, though now it's a six-speed. The resurrection of the revered SS emblem is the icing on the cake.

This is the maxed-out performance version of Chevrolet's always-popular sports coupe, taken to the limit by SLP Engineering with more power, better brakes, tuned suspension, foot-wide tires, a custom exhaust and a bad attitude.

Of course, owning this beast would require a mountain of emotional maturity, which I just don't think I have. I'd lose my license, lose my insurance, maybe end up in jail.

That's not to say I didn't dig it, which I did. Maybe too much.

The SS does evoke strong reactions. European car sophisticates hold their noses, environmental types bring out the ax handles and cops grab their ticket books as it rumbles by.

Polite society shudders. My wife rolls her eyes.

There is 305 horsepower on tap, gained from a 5.7 liter, LT1 V-8 engine with forced-air induction, custom exhaust and other tweaks.

Here are some numbers, according to Chevrolet:

- Zero to 60 in 5.3 seconds.
- Quarter mile in 13.7 seconds at 102 mph.
- Zero to 100 and back to zero in 19.7 seconds (according to Road & Track magazine).

Here's another number to ponder: $7,243. That's how much additional it costs to turn a run-of-the-mill Camaro Z28 into a Camaro SS. On our test car, with stereo upgrade and a full package of power options and accessories, that almost hit $30,000.

According to SLP, the base price for the Camaro SS, without all the luxury gizmos and the custom exhaust system supplied on our test car, is $24,500. That equates to a powerful horsepower-to-dollar ratio.

This is the first time in 24 years that Chevrolet has used the Super Sports emblem on a Camaro. Although the overall treatment is accomplished by SLP, it's sold as an option package by Chevy dealers.

With its massive hood scoop, gigantic tires and subtle revisions to the rear fenders, the Camaro SS looks ready to take no prisoners. In freeway traffic, slower cars quickly change lanes as the glowering Camaro grows larger in their rear-view mirrors.

Merging onto the freeway is laughably easy. And once there, burbling along in sixth gear at 65 mph with the engine barely turning above idle, the SS gets remarkably good gas mileage.

That's part of the flexibility of this whole package: The explosive power is there when you want it, but when driven gently around town, the SS is surprisingly smooth and docile.

On the down side, the hard rear suspension becomes annoying, as does the rumbling exhaust. Being challenged to a drag race by every hot dog on the street gets old, too.

A similar styling and performance treatment to the Camaro SS has been bestowed on its corporate twin, the Pontiac Firebird, which gets the performance designation of WS6 Ram Air, based on the Trans Am."

** * According to my clean CARFAX, I'm the 3rd owner. My car is currently in Montgomery County, Maryland and I am NOT interested in shipping etc. The car is free and clear with no lien & the title is in hand! I will entertain any and all offers over $16,000! If you are interested in seeing, purchasing, or looking at pics of my Z28 SS, please email me at yamahasilverado05@yahoo.com. But please don't waste my time. My goal is to sell this car! I have too many toys and this one needs to go. Thanks regardless, please drive safe and take care...

** * P.S. If you are really interested, there are many more current pictures available on Craigslist out of Harrisburg PA, Baltimore MD, and Washington DC
Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazing 1996 Camaro Z28 SS w less than 19k org. miles!

FOR SALE: (1) 1996 Chevy Camaro Z28 SS w/ less than 19,000 original miles...NOT a TYPO!

Hello,

I'm selling my incredible condition 1996 Chevy Z28 SS hardtop with less than 19,000 original actual miles! I call her "The Storm Trooper"! And yes, she has the factory optioned Hurst (6) speed. It is "Artic White" in exterior color w "Black Graphite" leather interior. Based on the Internet and Chevy's overall production numbers...this is 1 of a grand total of 73 ever produced in this make, model, and color combination! Extremely rare! A true collector car, not to mention that my car was on MECUM before out of Florida! Pictures and actual condition are mind blowing! I believe the first person to actually see and hear this car, will buy it...it's that nice! This american piece of muscle has soul. It doesn't even look 5 years old let alone all most 20 years old. Next year in Maryland, this car will be Historic tags eligible too.

http://testdrivejunkie.com/1996-chev...ss-test-drive/

THE 1996 CAMARO Z-28 SS -- WAS THE ONLY YEAR MADE WITH THE Z-28 SS DOUBLE BADGE. Mine is 100% original (plus added front shocktower sway bar) with less than 19,000 original miles. LT-1 5.7L 350 small block V-8 with 6 speed manual transmission... Zero to 60 in 4.9 seconds (according to a Car And Driver internet article), Quarter mile in 13.7 seconds at 102 mph, Zero to 100 and back to zero in 19.7 seconds (according to Road & Track magazine). This vehicle marks the return of the SS package and the first cold air functional ram-air induction system that has been seen on a Camaro since the 1969 Cowl induction hood on the '69 Z-28. This helps this car turn out 305 horsepower with 325 pound-feet of torque. Other features on this SS are an upgraded Bose sound system and factory installed subwoofer, Street Legal Performance/SLP Engineering's TOLT (Two Out The Left) exhaust system, Level II Bilstein sport suspension package, Performance lubricants package, Hurst performance shifter, SLP optional Torsen torque sensing limited slip differential with aluminum cover. It has every available option offered by GM and SLP for that year. In 1996, only 2,410 total SS's were built in this first year of this new Z-28 SS. Also in 1996, this was GM's lowest total production numbers for all SS's running from 1996-2002! My car's production number is "622" and is stamped on a center console plaque. Lastly, look at today's general production numbers for current Camaro SS's (they are a dime a dozen), they produce 2,400+ cars in just one color scheme...not in total production numbers for the entire year!!!!

Please keep in mind that this car out performed and was picked over the Cobra Mustang SVT and Pontiac Firebird WS6 for the same year! Please see the below article...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

According to the clean CARFAX, I'm the 3rd owner. My car is currently in Montgomery County, Maryland and I am NOT interested in shipping etc. The car is free and clear w no lien & the title is in hand! I will entertain any and all offers over $16,000! If you are interested in seeing, purchasing, or looking at pics of my Z28 SS, please email me! *But please don't waste my time. My only goal is to sell this car! *This is being SOLD in "AS IS / WHERE IS" condition with absolutely no given or implied warranties or guaranties of any kind. And I'm sorry, but I am not interested in trades please or financing deals. For amazing pictures of my car, please see Craigslist ads in Washington DC, Baltimore and/or Harrisburg PA. If you are interested, please feel free to email me directly at yamahasilverado05@yahoo.com. Thanks regardless, drive safe, and please take care..!