Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[CA] Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Camaro RS 2.8 V6
Engine: 2.8 MPFI V6
Transmission: T5
Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.

I am located in North Hollywood California. Contact info in link or just PM me.

I'm selling my Camaro. My dad gave it to me in 2012 but it's been too much of a project and so it's just been sitting for the past few months. I paid registration so there wouldn't be any fees but it won't pass smog (check engine light for MAF) so I couldn't register it. The car runs and drives but it has a few problems and I HIGHLY recommend it is towed. I also have tons of parts I'll throw in if you buy it.

I tried to show all the body damage in the pictures but it has a nasty dent in the drivers side door and the hatch doesn't seal well because the car was hit while parked before I bought it. You can't see it in the pictures but there is a big dent behind the driver's side headlight that pinched the quarter panel. So the spoiler doesn't line up (as seen in pics). I have a few spare front spoilers, I'll throw one in with the car. The car doesn't have a dash in the picture. I have the original dash but it broke in half. I used to drive the car dashless with just the speedometer. I called the police department and they said that's all I need on a car that didn't come equipped with airbags. I do have the gauge cluster with the rest of the gauges an I also have the center console. The car also has a parasitic draw that drains the battery. I leave the battery disconnected while it sits but it still starts every time after I reconnect it. The engine and transmission are pretty solid on the car. The engine didn't burn oil and ran pretty clean (emissions wise). The transmission shifted smooth and didn't grind or pop out of gear but there was a little clutch chatter. The rear wheels also wobble a little when driving. I do not know the cause but I have a spare 3.23 9 bolt rear end with disc brakes you can have but a drum to disc conversion would be necessary. Despite all these problems the main issue that kept me from driving the car was that it randomly stalls. It usually does it while in neutral but after it stalled on me in gear once, I stopped driving it as I didn't like losing power steering and brakes on a canyon road. The idle is a little sporadic but if I remember correctly the car was throwing a code 32 (MAF) and code 34 (EGR) which is probably the cause. The suspension is pretty worn but I have 3 shocks I'll throw in.

The parts I have I'll add are
1. Shadow 3 piece louvers without mounting hardware
2. 9 bolt rear end with 3.23 gears and disc brakes
3. A front lip
4. Spare drivers door to fix the dent (same color) but it is stripped and was originally a power window door so you would need to swap all the manual window parts onto it from the original door
5. 97 Trans Am passenger seat and the original drivers seat for the Camaro (with a rip in the cloth). If you are a taller person (I'm 6'2") the 4th generation Trans Am seat gives about an extra 1-2" of headroom.
6. 3 Gabriel shocks (2 rear and 1 front if I remember correctly)

I might be forgetting a few things but those are the most important parts. Thank you for reading my ad and feel free to text me anytime. If you want to call please text me first or call after 5PM otherwise I'll be at work and won't answer any calls.

The car is just taking up space, make me an offer the worst I can say is no.
I WILL NOT part the car out unless I get no offers so if all you want is parts wait for me to post an ad.

Here is a link to my Craigslist post with more pics.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...126009416.html
Attached Thumbnails Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0469.jpg   Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0567.jpg   Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0471.jpg   Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0472.jpg   Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0478.jpg  

Selling running 89 2.8 5 speed but is recommended as project or parts car.-dsc_0568.jpg  

Last edited by xMrBadDogx; 08-05-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add more contact info