Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - $4000

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5
92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - $4000

92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - 00-nv1egyw.jpg
92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - 00-xkunxdi.jpg

92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - 00-6oqn6ga.jpg

More images are available here

Up for sale I have a rare 1992 Chevy Camaro Z28 25th Anniversary edition with a 5 speed manual transmission, T-tops and Chevy 305 TPI small block.

I have finally decided it is time for me and her to part ways as I have moved to the west coast and she is sitting in my parents driveway for the last year and a half. She has been started up atleast once a month and driven around the block a few times. Transportation and transportation costs will have to be worked out by the buyer. She is currently not registered or licensed and would have to be towed away (she does run however). It is hard for me to put a price on this car so I will start it at $4000. Feel free to bid whatever you like and based on the interest and feedback I will adjust my price.

The options are as follows:
  • Disc front Brakes and Drum Rear Brakes
  • T-5 5 speed Manual Transmission
  • Chevy 305 5.0L TPI Engine
  • Posi traction Rear End
  • Comes with AC and heat (AC is not working now, i believe it just needs to be recharged as it seemed to slowly die over the last 2 years)
  • Power Windows
  • Power Doors and Trunk
  • Leather Interior
  • Remote door opener and security system

This car has been lightly driven for the last 5 years totaling no more then 2,000-4,000 miles a year. Prior to me buying the car the engine was rebuilt. The rebuild has less then 40,000 miles on it and the car runs great. I, unfortunately, do not have any paper work regarding this. The car is currently in great working condition. The clutch was replaced less than 100 miles ago with a OEM clutch. This car has been slowly upgraded throughout the years. The modifications I have done to this car over the past few years include the following (all modifications have less then 10,000 miles on them, most even less then that):

Interior:
  • Pioneer AVH P4000 DVD Double Din Headunit
  • Includes an ipod hookup (old style charger will not work with Iphone 5's but you can buy a Iphone 5's adaptor for it.)
  • Alpine S Type Speakers all around
  • All around Dynamat
  • Avital 3300L LCD 2-Way Security System
  • The Avital 3300L LCD 2-Way Security System will arm or disarm your system with the push of a button from up to 1,500' away and confirm all your commands on the large LCD screen of the two-way remote. If your siren sounds, the remote will beep or vibrate to let you know, from up to 1,500' away. System comes with one 2-way (the 4 way button is broken but a new one can be bought for $40-50.
  • 2-way security system
  • Zone 2 impact sensor
  • Fault-proof starter interrupt
  • Nuisance prevention
  • Warn-away Revenger siren
  • Includes 2-way remote.
  • Custom Black and Gray Leather Interior!!!!!!
  • New Gray Carpets
  • Custom Stitched Door Panels
  • Custom Stitched Rear Leather Seats
  • Black Leather Racing Style Seats
  • New carpets and Headliner were installed about 4 years ago. Minor discoloration has occured since then but its barley noticable.
Engine:
  • Stock engine rebuild with less than 40,000 miles on it. Runs great and sounds great!
  • New Black Steel Oil Pan and High Volume Oil Pump
  • New Ignition Wires
  • New Spark Plugs
Drivetrain:
  • Chrome Rear Differential Cover
  • B&M Short Shifter
  • New OEM clutch with less that 100 miles on it.
  • New master and slave (transmission)
Exhaust
  • Headman Short Headers and Y pipe
  • Magnaflow Cat Converter
  • Flowmaster catback
Suspension
  • KYB GR2 Shocks and Struts all around
  • Vogtland Lower Springs
  • Front End Rebuild including: MOOG Outer and Inner Tie-Rod Ends, Centerlink, Idler Arm and Ball Joints
  • Sphon Sway bar set (Soild 4140 Chrome moly)
  • Sphon Wonder Bar
  • Adjustable Panhard Bar
Other Various Repair
  • Coolant Temperature Sensor
  • Oxygen Sensor
  • Sandblasting and protective rust coating was performed about 4 years ago. There is now some light superfical surface rust on the bottom

Overall the car is in decent working condition. It was maintained well with regular oil and fluid changes. I cared for this car as a father would care for a child and it was never used as my daily driver. She has, however, been sitting around for the past 2 years being driven only occasionally to keep everything nicely lubed up.

With all this being said there are some negatives which must be mentioned:
  • The driver side seat is a little finiky. Some times it will sort of fall back and it takes a little bit of jiggling it around to get the entire back rest to stay in place. Im working on fixing this problem and hopefully it will be fixed before the car is sold. If it is not im sure any car shop will be able to fix it for no more then $50.
  • There is some superficial surface rust on the body. The car is a great 10 foot car but up close there are some minor scratches and rust spots. I tried to get these in the pictures but it is hard. Take this to any reputable body shop and im sure they can eliminate them all for a few hundred bucks. I never really cared enough to try.
  • Four years ago I painted the interior plastics from grey to black to match the rest of the theme of my interior. Some of this paint has scratched off of these plastics due to objects i have transported in my trunk. These can be easily resprayed if you care about having a perfect looking car (as I did).
  • There is light surface rust on the bottom of the car. I have been meaning to recoat it with rustoleum but have not gotten around to it. Its all surface rust though. When I first got the car there were some portions of the floor panels that were rotting through so I replaced the entire floor panels with brand new ones (had a body shop buyt OEM floor panels, weld them in then put on a protective rust proof coating). Cost a pretty penny but I wanted assurance that there was no rot through. Surface rust is inevitable though and easily taken care of.
  • I believe the first gear synchro is starting to go bad, There is a slight grinding when first putting the car into first gear. If I put it into any other gear and then first without releasing the clutch there is no grinding. Here is a video:
  • Brakes are soft and need new fluid, should be in good condition otherwise.
  • Tire will probably need to be replaced in the near future
  • Where the Y pipe connects to the cat convertor has recently rusted through so there is a small hole in there. Should not be difficult to repair.
  • Driver side door lock is a bit sticky and takes a little extra effort to close.
  • Some small dents, chips, and rust stops on the body of the car.

Thats about all I can think of for now! If you have any further questions feel free to contact me through ebay. If you live in or near New Jersey you can absolutely come by to check it out in person. As far as shipping goes I will not do the shipping myself but I will gladly coordinate a pickup from my house.

I also have a walk around video

Also i have uploaded a video demonstrating the alarm system

More images are available here

Message me if interested and we can talk!Thats about all I can think of for now! If you have any further questions feel free to contact me. If you live in or near New Jersey you can absolutely come by to check it out in person. As far as shipping goes I will not do the shipping myself but I will gladly coordinate a pickup from my house.

I also have a walk around

Also i have uploaded a

Message me if interested and we can talk!

Last edited by Camaroz2892; 02-01-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:06 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z/28-under re-construction
Engine: 5.7 Tuned Port
Transmission: It's in there....
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt Borg-Warner
Re: 92 Z28 Camaro T-5 manual, 305 TPI - $4000

things been painted on here and there, cameras are almost as good as fluorescent lighting...
Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 AM

Car: 92 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5

Originally Posted by mjdavis68
things been painted on here and there, cameras are almost as good as fluorescent lighting...
Sorry? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the car. Can I have your number to contact you privately? Thanks
Luke
Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 350
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Looks like a nice daily driver. Glws. If I thought I could buy it, dive it for the summer, and resell it for same price I'd grab it... Wife would kill me tho, lol!
Old 02-23-2016, 05:44 AM

I would like to take a look at the car, can you private message me your phone number so I can arrange a time?
Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

Nice car man I would love to have it! 5spd TPI and that color.. Wow
Old 03-11-2016, 02:41 AM

Car: 92camaro z28