Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[MA] Looking for a Camaro project?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3:27 9-bolt
Looking for a Camaro project?

Eight years ago I embarked on a father-son project to build a third-gen Camaro so my son could accompany me and my 68 Camaro to shows and cruises. But what seemed like a nice fun project snow-balled into something much greater. He lost interest years ago, but I'm still slowly plugging away at it. Now, with a bad back and a waning interest I've realized I will likely never finish it, so it's time to cut it loose.

The car is a combination of parts, but the shell (with a clean title) is a 1988 IROC with T-Tops. I have all the body parts, and they are all rust-free (except the hood which has surface rust).

The bulk of the shell has been taken down to bare metal. The underside has been completely cleaned and painted. Along the way I decided I would make this into a car I could Autocross, so it also has a 6-point cage and Hotchkis sub-frame connectors welded in.

The IROC was an automatic, but I put a clutch pedal assembly in it and have a T-5 as well. The motor is an L98 from a 1989 Formula. It includes the computer and harness. The heads have been rebuilt with new valves, and have a mild port and polish. The short block is stripped and should only need honing. The rear is a 9-bolt Borg-Warner with posi, disc brakes and 3:27 gears.

I'm posting some pictures here, but complete details on the car are on the website I created to document the progress of the 'restification'. The website is thirdgenrestoration.com. I can take pictures of anything you want, but you really need to see it in person to appreciate what's been done. The car is located in the northeast corner of Massachusetts.

There are many pictures of the car there along with details of the work that's been done. I would prefer to sell it complete rather than go through the hassle of parting it out. I have a little over $3000 in parts invested, and don't even want to think about the number of hours. If I can't get a reasonable price for it I'll throw a cover over it and maybe finish it sometime down the road.

The starting point:

How it looks today:

An example of the underside:

Motor stripped down:

Interior shot showing the cage:

Engine compartment:
Old 05-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Re: Looking for a Camaro project?

Bump... Good summertime project! Car just need to be re-assembled and painted. I have all the parts to complete it and then some.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: L98 5.7L
Transmission: MD8 700R4
Axle/Gears: G80 GW6 3.27:1

Looks like a great starting point for a clean project with a lot of the hard work already done. GLWS.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:38 PM

Bump... As mentioned, all the hard work has been done, you get the fun part of putting it back together.

Welded in Hotchkis subframe connectors
Lakewood LCA's
tubular panhard
aluminum driveshaft
new KYB shocks/struts
new suspension hardware from Spohns
new tie rods, idler arm, center link
polyurethane bushings
new front rotors and calipers
Hurst short-throw shifter
new fuel pump
much, much more.

$2500 for the car and everything to put it back together.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:37 AM

Will sell the rolling chassis for $1200. No motor/trans. Will provide the dash and we can negotiate other parts. I really just want my garage back before the Winter. This will be a complete body with T-Tops and clutch pedal with a 6-point roll cage. Just finished putting a swing-out bar on the driver side. The underside of the car is done, just needs paint.