Camaros Wanted Looking to buy a specific Camaro? Post your Want Ad here.

Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC

Looking for a trade on a 5-speed IROC-Z. Will consider t-tops or convertible, possibly incredibly nice hardtop cars. Factory 5-speed preferred but will consider a conversion or an automatic if it includes all conversion parts. IROC highly preferred but wouldn't rule out a GTA with a 5-speed.

The Olds has new, paint, chrome, vinyl top, tires, brakes (i think), exhaust, carpet, door panels and more I can't think of. I bought it this way.

I'm 99% certain the engine is matching #s. On the trans I can't be as sure but I was told it was. The engine is more of a big deal to me than the trans is as in they swapped them instead of overhauling them in most cases.

Options are the SX package, AC (not working), power drum brakes all the way around and power steering.

The bottom is dry clean with nice floors and frame.

What it needs - the engine runs great but has never been out of the car. It has a few tiny drips, none large. It could use an overhaul just because its 45 years old but could probably just do with a trans pan gasket and oil pan gasket. I see no leaks from the valve covers or intake.

It could use an exhaust manifold gasket on the pass side (if I recall correctly).

The engine bay looks would benefit too from a nicely cleaned up and detailed engine.

Last thing I can think of, the rear speakers aren't hooked up though it has a "newer-ish" two shaft, old style stereo in the dash.

The rear end is a 2.56:1, stock, one-legger rear.
Attached Thumbnails Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-pass-side.jpg   Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-rear-2.jpg   Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-front.jpg   Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-trunk-2.jpg   Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-engine-1.jpg  

Trade 1971 Olds Cutlass SX for MINT 5-speed IROC-interior.jpg  

Last edited by sshoureas; 06-05-2015 at 06:47 AM.