Search

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > Tech Boards > Car Audio
Register Forgot Password?

Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Welcome to ThirdGen.org!
Welcome to ThirdGen.org.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the ThirdGen.org community today!

Old 08-27-2002, 05:12 PM   #1

Classifieds Rating: (0)
GM-H100 Pioneer amp

Hey, i got an old amp from a garage sale, the Pioneer GM-H100. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this amp because it didnt come with a wire harness or a manual. I made a wire harness out of an old one from a different amp, but i still dont know what the 3 pins go to. I know one of them is for the remote on/off from the back of the radio, but i dont know what either of the other 2 pins is for, or which pin the on/off goes to. Can anyone tell me what each of the pins is for?
Thanks
hilljackofdenile is offline vBGarage Page   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:19 PM   #2

i know this is an old amp, but does anyone know what those three pins go to?
Old 08-29-2002, 03:58 AM   #3
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III

Im pretty sure one of the pins is for constant power that would come from the battery, the other is the remote turn-on that would come from the radio, and the other pin is ground to be connected to a bare metal part from your car. Im not sure which order they would be in.
cali92RS is offline vBGarage Page   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:20 AM   #4

but the thing is... there already is a terminal for power and ground. All other amps ive used have a ground terminal, power terminal, and the remote terminal. This amp has both ground and power, but no remote. Instead it has a harness with 3 pins for the remote which is confusing the hell out of me!!
Old 08-31-2002, 04:15 AM   #5
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III

a lot of amps have pre-amp outputs which u can hook-up another ampliflier to those pins instead of running a whole new set of wires. im not sure if thats it, but thats what it sounds like. u should jus order a harness for that amp from pioneer. im sure its not expensive at all
cali92RS is offline vBGarage Page   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 05:27 AM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to knighthelm
GMH100 wow long time since I heard that.....

The three pins were for a clip that was teh remote turn on. All my friends use to have these amps and teh clip lock kept breaking so teh remote turn on would come loose and the amp would cut out, and the swearing would insue and you would have to pull over and reconnected the clip.

So in short it use ti house a clip with one wire for the remote turn on.
knighthelm is offline vBGarage Page   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 06:16 PM   #7

okay, i hooked up the middle pin to the remote, and it wouldnt turn on. I emailed pioneer and finally got sort of an answer. They said that the wire harness is $26 and one wire is for the remote, and the other is for an ACC which i guess is an accessory power line. So what i did was just hook up the middle pin to the remote and the left most pin to the power terminal from the battery. The thing finally turned on and the left channel works great. But the right channel is distorted like crazy so I dont know if i just hooked it up wrong, or if the right channel is just blown. I still have no idea what the third pin is for, if its for anything, but Pioneer doesnt seem to think its for anything, guess 3 pin connectors were cheeper than 2 pin connectors or something... Oh well, what can ya expect out of a $10 amp from a garage sale? Now I can get back to my engine!

Last edited by hilljackofdenile; 08-31-2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:16 PM
ThirdGen
1992 Camaro

Paid Advertisement

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > Tech Boards > Car Audio

Tags
100, amp, amplifier, amplifiers, custa, dmh100, gm, gmh, gmh100, h100, hook, pioneer, quanto, specs, xmh100