Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

berlinetta radio how it works?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 camaro berlinetta
Engine: v8
Transmission: 700r4
berlinetta radio how it works?

my first question makes me feel kinda dumb to ask.

how do i use the berlinetta radio specificaly the cassette part of it?
i have tryed every button and every way i can think of to open the cassette deck or to change to cassette mode with absolutly no luck. i am not sure if the cassette part of the radio even works, if it does i might invest in one of the casstette to aux adapter things.

second question is what is with the little dials on the circuit board inside the main unit(part under console)? are their current ajustments vitaly important? or can i change them to change the output of the radio?
Old 10-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Re: berlinetta radio how it works?

Originally Posted by nater
my first question makes me feel kinda dumb to ask.

how do i use the berlinetta radio specificaly the cassette part of it?
i have tryed every button and every way i can think of to open the cassette deck or to change to cassette mode with absolutly no luck. i am not sure if the cassette part of the radio even works, if it does i might invest in one of the casstette to aux adapter things.

second question is what is with the little dials on the circuit board inside the main unit(part under console)? are their current ajustments vitaly important? or can i change them to change the output of the radio?
First thing , don't feel dumb , if you've never seen one before how would you know how to use it other than to ask . The cassette deck with automatically switch from radio mode to tape mode when you shove a tape into it . You buttons will be rewind , eject , and fast forward . Any internal adjustments in the radio are strictly NOT to be touched , there is no way to adjust them properly without radio servicing tools like a signal generator and a Oscope , among others like signal strength meters and such .

PS , I have on occasion seen those tape adapters work well , and I've also seen them fail miserably , sound like crap , and keep being automatically ejected from the tapedeck , so if one don't work try a different brand . The Sony brand seemed to work well as I recall ....
Old 10-31-2014, 04:34 PM

ok i have used a tape deck before but none of the buttons are labeled eject and i cant put a tape in without it open. i have even tryed all of the buttons to see if one has a double funtion the only thing i can think of is that it is supposed to open if i push in on the door

here is a picture from google of it open.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird

Nice picture , the bottom most left hand button , called Load , is supposed to open the door . Then when you've put the tape in and shut the door the tape starts playing .
Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Car: 1983 Z28 Crossfire
Engine: LU5 5.0
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Like OrangeBird said, the Load button is used to open cassette deck but may be busted as mine stopped working after a few days of owning my Berlinetta. I have to pry mine open .
Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z/28-under re-construction
Engine: 5.7 Tuned Port
Transmission: It's in there....
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt Borg-Warner

Also the entire pod rotates to the passenger direction too
Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 PM

ya mine doesnt seem to do anything, i figured it was busted. i just didnt know which one was suposed to open it.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:03 PM
wim

help my y have the radio problem noting its working not open or playing my time 1:00 ? standing still en nting works help pleas link my to instructions for hou its work tnkx
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: 355
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: Australian 9 bolt 3.27 posi

load...
Old 09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
wim

I have and shop in the Nederland's for repair only to bizy works on this mont next mont I co for it and in oktober next mont works and the electric system radios and kabels etc me by works I we'll after repair let's co for it 😁😁y have hoop coming soon as its finished I let to the messits as we'll after the work
Old 09-03-2015, 04:05 PM

Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: 355
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: Australian 9 bolt 3.27 posi

Originally Posted by wim
I have and shop in the Nederland's for repair only to bizy works on this mont next mont I co for it and in oktober next mont works and the electric system radios and kabels etc me by works I we'll after repair let's co for it 😁😁y have hoop coming soon as its finished I let to the messits as we'll after the work
Okay I have one of these players too.....need mine fixed. I am really unsure of what you said above?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 85 SC, 86 Berlinetta
Engine: V6, V8
Transmission: 700r4, 700r4

Originally Posted by wim
I can't understand this either, can you try using Google Translate? -Or type your reply in your native language and I'll try to see if I can understand.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:36 AM

Car: 91 Camaro RS T-Top
Engine: 5.0 Tbi
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by wim
Let me take a crack at this,

Originally Posted by wim
I have a shop in the Nederlands that's to busy to work on it this month. Next month I'll go for it, and in October I'll work on the electric and audio systems, maybe it will work after that so let's go for it I hope. As soon as it's done I'll leave a message (post) after the work.

I believe that's about what he's saying.