Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

blackz281le---terrible experience.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z28 1le
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Re: blackz281le---terrible experience.

I'd like to add this really quickly before anyone jumps to any conclusions about this transaction.

The day the Camaro was picked up by the shipping "company" Brad had chose to bring him the car was an absolute nightmare and complete mess. I don't know what kind of money Brad paid them, but I truly hope it wasn't much more than the gas to make the trip. To even say they are an actual company is a little bit alarming.

So everything I told Brad about the Camaro are exactly what it was while the Camaro was still in front of my eyes. After dealing with the shipping people, can I say I'm not surprised there were issues with the car when it got to Brad? Absolutely not.

So Brad told me the shipping company would be at the house no later than 10am but be prepared at least two hour early for them to arrive. So I woke up early that morning around 7am, didn't have to be to work until around 11:30 so I figured they're definitely be there before I need to get to work. Waited and waited until it was after 10am so I needed to leave for work. Luckily my dad was able to stick around and wait. I instantly got back to Brad saying they were no where to be found. They kept telling Brad they tried calling me when I go zero calls from them. I provided them with my personal number and even my work number for worst case situation.

Brad was then trying to call the shipping company but there were not answering his calls. He was pretty pissed and I don't blame him. Finally they answered his calling letting him know the shipping truck was 45 minutes outside of Bouse and should be there soon to pick it up. So Brad, myself and my dad were a bit irritated at this point since we were hours after 10am which was supposed to be the latest they'd get there. My dad waited around the entire time.

So here's where it gets very bizarre. The shipping company was obviously giving Brad the complete run around and were not telling the truth of what was going on at all. I get a call from my dad saying there was a small truck with a single car trailer outside and said it did not look right at all. I decided to leave work just to be there for this transaction and thought my dad was joking about the description of the truck and trailer. So I hauled *** over there from work to make sure everything went smooth and to snap a few pics. Of the Camaro at all angles before it got put on the trailer per Brads request.

When I got there, I honestly could not believe my eyes. My dad was not bullshitting. There was a rusted up completely dented up beat to **** 80s Dakota with a small rusted up trailer to pick the Camaro up. I was blown away to be honest. Right away my dad told them they would not be able to get the car on that trailer without smashing up the front of of it because it sits so low. There were two guys who could have pretty easily been homeless based off their looks and filthy greased up clothing and literally missing teeth. Right away I brought up the fact they were very very late from what we were told. The guy acted clueless about any kind of time frame and wasn't aware at all about a certain time they were supposed to get there. I then asked him about these phone calls he supposedly made and his response was "uhh I got like 2 numbers to call" he didn't even have my personal number! He said they gave him some Florida number(no idea) and an Idaho number which was my work # that I had only given if it were needed worst case type of thing because I get tons of calls on it and can't check voicemails because it's always full.

When I got there they were pretty much waiting on me before they left with it so quickly went around the car and took pics. of every single angle to send to Brad. That's when it got really bizzare. After I snapped the pictures, the filthy guy got in the Camaro and the other got in the little beat up truck they came in. Thinking he was going to go line the Camaro up to drive up on the trailer, they drive off! The Camaro didn't go on the trailer, one drove the Camaro while the other followed. WTF?! Is all I could think. It was almost like one of those totally bizzare dreams that don't make any sense. Apparently is what they told my dad is they are just the guys who go and round up the cars to take to the yard that's in town I guess? Now if this is the case, why did they tell Brad the truck driver was 45 minutes from being to Boise if these guys were in town the whole time??? Obviously they weren't being truthful what so ever.

Right away I got back to Brad telling him how all of that went down. He was then beyond the point of pissed and called them right away. At first Brad texts me saying the car did go on the trailer and I was just bullshitting. Really?? Then they said they would only have to drive it no more than a mile. Nothing but lies and run around if you ask me. No where even close to a mile radius is there a place like they said.

So again, I can only speak of what it was while we still had it. After that, and the experience with the shipping people, don't want to call it a business I was literally nervous of it making it to Brad in one piece. Who knows how much or far they really drove the car? Unfortunately I did not note the exact mileage before they left. Never in a thousand years did I think they would be driving it at all besides loading it on a trailer. I expected a semi multi vehicle truck, not a tiny beat to **** Dakota pick up with a just as beat up rusted trailer.

So everything I told Brad were exactly what they were when we still had the Camaro as I saw it while still in front of my eyes. After that, lord knows what went on with the Camaro. When Brad got back to me about all the issues he was seeing when he got it, I was thinking "oh great, what did those guys go do to it" or literally almost thought he got the wrong car. Because the issues were not there, nor ever there while we owned it. It's really really unfortunate. But instead of going after the shipping co. he paid to get it to him, he's blaming me for everything. I tried my best to reason with Brad stating the issues he's telling me were never problems we ever saw with the car at all. But that doesn't matter, Brad will not believe anything I said, if he even listened at that point. I cooperated with Brad 100% until the name calling, threats, and harassment began. To think Brad believes anything that shipping company told him is crazy to me after all of the lies they told before picking it up.

So I stand 100% to my word still. We were nothing but honest and up front with Brad the entire time. This is based off the car, before these guys "drove" off with it. We were also very patient with him the whole time, letting him have it shipped whenever it worked for him. He was worried about it going through the nasty weather and had to get rid of a friends far from his garage so asked if it could sit in the garage a bit until he gets everything squared away. I told no problem at all, it would leave the garage whenever he could get everything squared away.

Like I said, I will absolutely be willing to share the entire transaction with Brad from start to finish still once everything is squared away. I truly feel we were 100% fair with everything about the deal including the price we sold it for. Never once did I think we charged too much for it and that will not change.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

John, they drove off with the car because your dad approved of it. The transport company told me that they couldnt load the car up because the tires were low and your dad said it was ok for them to drive up the road and fill the tires up at the gas station.

For you to place blame on the transport company for the hatch motor dangling from the wiring harness, leaking heater core, broken windshield, chipped paint on the nose, filthy interior, dead battery, dead hood and hatch struts, ripped seat, cigarette burn on arm rest is just retarded. Please explain to all of us how these issues happened during transport.

The issues we both had with the transport company have nothing to do with me nor you. That stuff was out of both our hands so its not even worth talking about. It has nothing to do with your misleading ad and the actual condition of the car.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Supreme Member

Here is a picture of the inspection they did on the car the day they picked it up. Your dad, or you, should have the SAME copy of this paperwork which clearly shows the discrepancies in the cars exterior. This proves that the transport company did NOT damage the car during its journey to me. They clearly pointed out a chipped windshield and numerous imperfections in the paint around the car. The same car you said was flawless and immaculate!!!! I even asked you for a picture of this same paperwork from your end and you failed to provide me that picture because you knew it would prove that the car had issues before it hit the road. Try to explain this one...

77_zpsvdafkmwy.jpg
Old 03-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Supreme Member

I'm positive that the numerous pictures you provided me were not current pictures of this car. You cleverly chose certain pics to send me that either didn't have the discrepancies in them or just didn't show it. That, is called shady.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: Torsen 3.73

Black1Le's description seems like some good excuses. If it is true, then the shippers could have screwed up. But that inspection disproves that. I also looked back at the ad, the flaws in the paint in the front bumper were visible in the pictures, and so were the flaws in the armrest
Old 03-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

For anyone wondering, I used http://www.freedomautotransport.net/ to get this car to me. They are a broker company like most shipping companies and brokered the job out to http://dieselautoexpress.com/.

If there was any issues with what time they said they would show up then that's on them, not me, so bringing up the issue we had with the actual pickup details has nothing to do with our issue at hand here. Youre just trying to get away from explaining why you falsely described this car to me and anyone else that looked at your both your ads.

You claim that the car would have sold for $9K even if it wasnt me that bought it but you fail to realize that the next guy would have called you out just like I did. Youre a shady person and shouldnt be trusted at all
Old 03-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Supreme Member

Explain the hatch motor.
Yes, this is exactly how the car showed up. All I did was pull the panel away. Id like to know how you think the transport driver managed to get into the hatch, remove the screws and crack the plastic housing of the motor while he was driving the truck here

123_zpsykt7rshy.jpg

1234_zpspcfoqhal.jpg

Explain the leaking heater core
c2_zpslhvofcr2.jpg

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 03-06-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Supreme Member

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

White Gold
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Formula 350
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: BorgWarner 3.27 Posi

blackz281le Maybe he should have been more attentive to the fact you were trying to screw him over, but lesson learned there I'm sure.

Your ad was misleading based on the evidence on hand; end of story.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc
Engine: 357 Single plane and a Ysi vortech
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.50 9"

Originally Posted by thtanner
blackz281le Maybe he should have been more attentive to the fact you were trying to screw him over, but lesson learned there I'm sure.

Your ad was misleading based on the evidence on hand; end of story.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:49 AM

Car: 1987 Z28 Vert.
Engine: LG4: ENGINE, GAS, 8 CYL, 5.0L, 4BBL
Transmission: MD8: 4 SPEED AUTO THM700R4
Axle/Gears: GU2: AXLE, REAR 2.73 RATIO

I don't think someone that was dying from cancer and needed money for chemo would rip a person off like that. I guess some people are just lower than a snakes belly!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:16 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dragonmas
I don't think someone that was dying from cancer and needed money for chemo would rip a person off like that. I guess some people are just lower than a snakes belly!
Scary part is that he firmly believes he didn't do anything wrong. He sleeps good at night knowing that he lied to me and misled me for the sole purpose of making money. That is a scumbag.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:55 AM

Car: 1989 camaro iroc-z
Engine: L98 350 5.7 bored 0.30 over
Transmission: 2400 stall lockout
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Blackz281le, just give him back 3500$ and call it good man. Mistakes were made on both ends so there needs to be a middle ground, the only thing keeping the car from being a 4500$ car is the mileage. Bottled should have took his emotions out of the purchase and researched a little more but we cant go back, only forward and the transaction can still be salvaged but responsibility has to be taken and the way you do anything is the way you'll do everything.

P.s. i love you guys
Old 03-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Supreme Member

There wasnt a LOT of emotion put into this transaction on my part. Yes I wanted a white hardtop 91-92Z but what sealed the deal for me was his description of the car through the ads he posted here as well as the texts and emails he sent me. The pictures he sent me were pusposely taken at their angles to hide all the imperfections in the cars exterior and interior. Maybe I put too much trust in him and solely went on his description of the car being flawless and immaculate. As we can all see from the pictures I posted, his description is far from reality. He feels that this cars condition is flawless and immaculate considering its age.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1987 Trans am
Engine: 350 Vortec Stealth Ram
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 02 SS Torsen Zexel 3.42

Sorry about your bad deal. Been following it and all I can say is shame on the seller. This is exactly why I never buy things without seeing and putting my hands on it first unless Amazon, eBay, etc where you have a pretty solid buyer protection.

Hope there will be some kind of light at the end of the tunnel for you. Seems like minor things but doesn't excuse the bigger picture here.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Supreme Member

Found a few more issues with the car this weekend!!

John, do you remember the text and email you sent me where you said the car rode like a Caddy???? You told me that you had just taken the car out for ride? Well, here is a picture of the rear shocks I had to pull out today. My 10 year old son was able to compress them with one hand! I dont know what Caddys you've been riding in lately but this car DID NOT ride like a Cadillac! You're an idiot if you think it did.
You lied to me about even driving the car!! If you had drove it then you would have felt how terrible the rear suspension felt. You also would had had no choice but to fill up the tires which was the reason why the transport company couldnt load the car up. Your father told them that it was ok to drive the car down the road to the gas station. Your father didnt own the car at that time so he had no right to authorize them to even do that!!

These are what you described as Cadillac quality ride comfort! The friggen shocks collapsed and didnt even extend anymore. Idiot!!

shock_zpscfb5vvhl.jpg
Old 03-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Supreme Member

Few other things I found today while pulling the rear carpet to replace the shocks.

Folded the rear seats down only to find mice living in the car!!!! Ya, MICE!!!!! This coming from a person that said the car was treated and cared for like it was your own child!!! Tell your father he is disgusting!!! Thank you for giving me yet another job to do. Now the interior needs to be pulled out so it can be properly cleaned of all the mouse feces!!

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 03-13-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Supreme Member

Looks like one you guys was messing around in the wheel well and didnt have enough intelligence to put the screws back on to secure the filler panel cover.

well_zpsdrzjka2p.jpg
Old 03-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 97 Likes on 62 Posts
Car: 88GTA
Engine: 5.7TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.27

That's messed up in soooo many ways!!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1991 Formula 350, 2002 Grand Prix G
Engine: 350 with SLP & Edlebrock mods
Transmission: 4-speed automatic-700 R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt with 3:73

I have been following this thread since the beginning and, sorry to say, but it looks like your beating a dead horse to death. The seller will NOT come clean (because it may imply he was aware of the problems) and your emails are falling on deaf ears.

You have only TWO choices at this point in time, either make up a list of EVERYTHING needed to bring the car up to YOUR STANDARDS (paint job alone will be $4000 or more, depending on how much to remove ALL the CRAP paint) or put it on Craig's List and take your loss and chalk it up to a learning lesson in life. Not trying to insult you, but like the saying goes "S**T HAPPENS" and I'am sure your next FBody purchase will be a LOT different story. There has to be another 91-92Z out there, because this one will be a can of worms until your bank account runs dry.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:23 PM

Car: 1992 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7 L98

Damn
Old 03-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by edpontiac91
I have been following this thread since the beginning and, sorry to say, but it looks like your beating a dead horse to death. The seller will NOT come clean (because it may imply he was aware of the problems) and your emails are falling on deaf ears.

You have only TWO choices at this point in time, either make up a list of EVERYTHING needed to bring the car up to YOUR STANDARDS (paint job alone will be $4000 or more, depending on how much to remove ALL the CRAP paint) or put it on Craig's List and take your loss and chalk it up to a learning lesson in life. Not trying to insult you, but like the saying goes "S**T HAPPENS" and I'am sure your next FBody purchase will be a LOT different story. There has to be another 91-92Z out there, because this one will be a can of worms until your bank account runs dry.
I'm not beating a dead horse. I will continue to update this thread for a little while longer as I find more $hit wrong with the car. I'm doing it so that other members here can 1: not trust this member anymore and 2: use my experience to help them when purchasing a long distance vehicle.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Engine: LB9
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65

The process is also cathartic and although upsetting, somewhat entertaining.

Flame on.....
Old 03-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 82 MSE/89 TTA/89 Formula/99 TA

I have been following this thread and just had to comment after I read that you found mice in the car, I am reading correctly, LIVE mice, not just feces? If so, that just adds to the totally disgusting, misrepresentation that occurred.

For me, I have never felt comfortable buying a car without looking at it. That may seem unrealistic for some because of distance and cost. I have probably spent enough money on disappointment trip expenses to purchase a nice F body driver. But in the long run, I feel better coming home with an empty trailer because the car was not what it was described as.

I really hope you get the car to the standards that you desire and move forward with it. In this day and age, it is really hard to trust people 100%. Way to many scams going on.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:05 AM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
Folded the rear seats down only to find mice living in the car!!!! Ya, MICE!!!!!

..... Now the interior needs to be pulled out so it can be properly cleaned of all the mouse feces!!
You could call it, RATNFSTD

Been there, done that. Suit up and wear a mask because out West the mice can have Hantavirus and that will ruin your life if you contract it. I threw away my clothes after cleaning my Firebird, but I had a serious infestation far worse than what you're dealing with. The only upholstered items I saved were the door panels.

Mice will walk everywhere, pee everywhere, poop everywhere. If they are in the car then assume they have been everywhere in the car. I highly suggest from my own experience to hand clean and disinfect every last piece of plastic in the car, including the HVAC ducts. I also found the firewall pad to be damp on the metal side, and yes, it was likely urine.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:40 AM
Supreme Member

Just a little update to this on terrible experience. Looks like I will be replacing the engine over the winter time. Leakdown test showed 70% leakage on 7 of the 8 cylinders. Rings and/or cylinder walls are junk. This problem was known by the previous owner and I think this is what forced him to sell the car.

So now, I get to add a new engine to the list of parts and repairs that this car needs!!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 87 IROC
Engine: L31 350
Axle/Gears: 4.10 D44

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
Rings and/or cylinder walls are junk. This problem was known by the previous owner and I think this is what forced him to sell the car.

So now, I get to add a new engine to the list of parts and repairs that this car needs!!
That's a bummer. You aren't alone! I bought an IROC with a 350... that had cracks in both sides of the block. (Picture in post#1 of my build thread).
Old 01-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Car: 1 Owner 1986 TA with a WS6 package
Engine: 5.0 EFI
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: 277 Posi Speedo

Just read this post and can't believe it. This add totally misrepresents this car.They should make good on the things they claim were FLAWLESS
1991 Z28 Camaro 5.7 TPI hard top. Just over 50k original miles and 2nd owner. All around this car is immaculate with zero issues at all. A/C blows ice cold, leather seats are flawless, dash/interior are in perfect shape with no cracks or fading, and overall the Camaro runs like new. Garaged since the day it left the Chevrolet dealership in 1991 with limited adult driving. This thing has been cared for like a baby, and it shows.

This is my dads Camaro, just helping him out with the sale. I have access to the Camaro at any time, so please let me know if you have any further questions or would like additional photos. As we all know, third gen. Camaros are becoming more and more sought after and value is rising and will only keep going up. This Z28 is perfect for any collector, or "muscle car/street car" enthusiast. Very comfortable to ride in with the power and performance to make any drive enjoyable.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seller is a scumbag.

So sorry to the buyer.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

I feel for you BottledZ28. I had a similar situation occur last year, but not nearly as bad as you. For the record, don't buy from Jared Convertito.

Last edited by blacksunshine'91; 01-16-2017 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Fixed my misspelling of his name.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

Originally Posted by blacksunshine'91
I feel for you BottledZ28. I had a similar situation occur last year, but not nearly as bad as you. For the record, don't buy from Jaren Convertito. ( JARED CONVERTITO )

Corrected,..............

Old 01-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Supreme Member

Just want to update this thread for those of you that have taken the time to read and/or comment. The car is coming together nicely now. I've had to put a few dollars into it to get it running and looking like it was advertised. Yes, this was a terrible experience for me but it isn't the end of the world. I've gotten a chance to work on the car with my boys and as a parent these days, it can be difficult to bond with your children when there are too many electronic distractions.

The car is currently on jack stands while I do a drum to disc swap. Just waiting on a few more parts to come in. She should be ready to go come spring time when the roads are clean.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope car comes out great for you and provides years of enjoyment for you
Old 01-16-2017, 12:29 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Mike 92LX
Hope car comes out great for you and provides years of enjoyment for you
its coming along. Here is by build thread on it.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/memb...il-1991-a.html

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 01-16-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am
Engine: L31, LT4 hot cam
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3:43 LSD

appreciate this is an older thread and don't want to tear open old scars, but having been somewhat screwed with purchasing my car, I'd just like to say I share your anger and disappointment toward some people (really resonates when they're adamant they haven't done anything wrong); just hope this hasn't made you (too) cynical with this as an indictment of broader society (lol, like tbh it has me!)

We have a term for people like that over here, begins with a 'c', ends with a 't' and has a 'un' in between...
Old 04-16-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Read the thread. Scumbag seems to fit this guy. See he has not been here since the last post on this page. Good riddance. He needs an adjustment to his nose for sure.