DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Too many options

Old 11-28-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Too many options

Ok I know there are several options that I've read about in the past to tune yourself or that can learn, for example holley https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-601

but what I'm looking for is a decent cheaper option other than the holley kit or alike that isn't too outdated and complex. Complex as too many parts, I can learn anything if I want to. Also don't want anything that will nickel and dime me.

I hate to buy anymore tunes or even get a dyno tune since I'm always changing stuff on my 86 MAF car, so I kinda need something that I can do myself for when ever I change something on the car. Right now I don't even have a laptop, but I need to get one for my other cars programmable MSD and AFR. I've always been a desktop guy and assembled my own, so I'm not a total noob.

I know I've read about some motec stuff, just that was back when I had my 85 TA. Really don't wanna spend a lot or I might as well just buy a stand alone self tune setup like Fitech and ditch the TPI intake. I've been him-hawing about what way to go while just getting the car setup for mostly drag & some cruise since I've owned it. Not modded the engine too much but I'm sure just like a carb other changes to the car can effect the optimal tune.

Anyways just thinking aloud and seeing what's out there

Search this Thread