DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

S_AUJP v5 Now Available

Old 12-30-2014, 03:21 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Car: 84 El Camino
Engine: 360 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 + Truetrac, Moser 28 Spline
S_AUJP v5 Now Available

June 16, 2017 (Rev D_5) - XDF and ADX File Updates
Just realized S_AUJP v5 ADX and XDF files which correct some minor issues were not posted.

Changes are described in the zipped file "Rev D_5-Changes to S_AUJP v5 ADX and XDF Files.docx".

***** The BIN files were not changed *****

==========================================

June 10, 2015 (Rev D_3) - XDF File Update
Added the following WBo2 ECM Input Pin-selection Flag that was omitted in error in the initial v5 release:
WB OPT 2, b7, 1=Input Pin "A3", Else 0=Pin "F14" (Default)

March 10, 2015 (Rev D_2) - XDF and ADX File Updates
The ADX and XDF files were updated.

Updates:
XDF
  • 0x018 Switch 18 b0 - Description changed to correct bit usage error
  • 0x68A IAC PARAM, Warm Park Position .vs. Coolant Table - Description modified
  • Stay-Alive Memory (SAM) BLM Cell Scalars changed from Cell 0 to properly reference Cell 4:
0x523 SAM A Param, Cell 4, Low Limit
0x524 SAM A Param, Cell 4, High Limit
0x529 SAM A Param, Cell 4, Update Time Limit
0x52C SAM A Param, Cell 4, Idle Filter Coefficient

ADX (both NBo2 and WBo2 files updated)
  • In 4th Gear - "False" field corrected to properly reflect status if not in 4th
  • 1st VSS Pass with 1 Road Pulse & 1st Time REF to Engine Running - Packet Offsets were incorrect (swapped), providing incorrect data. Titles and descriptions also changed to better reflect what the bits are reporting
  • o2 Cross Counts - Changed Conversion Format from Integer 0 to Floating Point 0 to ensure reporting of 0 and not blank if count = 0
  • Removed BitMask separator bar between bit data and ERRORS to prevent reporting blank column in log file
  • Various - Minor text changes and changes to some Range and Alarm values

December 22, 2014 - Initial Release
A new S_AUJP Release is now available: S_AUJP v5.

Before discussing the changes in v5, some background is appropriate. I began a project some time ago to review the AUJP hack with the goal of understanding and documenting how various segments of the code worked. As that work progressed, and through discussions with JP86SS, it was determined there were some areas of the v4 code that might benefit from review and possible modification. I had no thought of modifying the code, but as things progressed and with the permission of JP86SS and other v4 contributors (Scott Lopez Z69, junkcltr and certainly others), changes were begun. As a result, S_AUJP v5 was born. The confidence of the original contributors and especially JP86SS is sincerely appreciated. And thanks also JP for all your help!

Some of the v5 modifications added new features while others were enhancements or minor changes to those already in v4. So what's in v5:
  • Launch Control redesigned and functioning
  • Working Shift Light using the CEL
  • Open Loop idle or always
  • Key On/Engine Off U5 & U6 Chip Read for testing ECM Pin voltages
  • Knock-Detected Bit (Detects Fast or Slow Knocks)
  • Changes in ALDL Data Stream Reporting
  • BARO (MAP kPa)-Adjusted VE% Reported
All changes were thoroughly in-car tested by independent users except:
  • Knock-Detected Bit and Bit-ON Timer: Was tested within limits. Where it could not be tested, code was simulated to ensure proper functionality.
  • NVSRAM Version: The final version was not fully in-car tested because JP86SS had to put his ride into winter hibernation before the NV version was finalized, Despite its differences from the Standard Version, it was assembled with a procedure that ensured it mirrored the Standard Version.
    Would appreciate feedback from a NV user.
The attached zip file contains:
  • READ ME FIRST-v5 Changes.doc
    • Provides instructions on how to easily move an existing v2 or S_AUJP v4 Calibration to v5, and how to update that Calibration with v5 features
    • Describes all v5 additions and changes and how to use each feature
    • Summarizes all v4 changes which remain in v5 so it can be determined how the v5 code is actually functioning
  • 52030_D.BIN (v5 Standard Version)
  • 52030N_D.BIN (v5 NVSRAM Version)
  • S_AUJP v5 2030_D.XDF
  • S_AUJP v5 2030_D-NBo2.ADX
  • S_AUJP v5 2030_D-WBo2 Innovate LC-1.ADX
  • S_AUJP v5 2030_D-U5U6 Chip Read.ADX
Attached Files
File Type: zip
S_AUJP v5 2030_D_5.zip (235.0 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by 84Elky; 06-16-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Rev D_5 ADX and XDF File Updates
Old 12-31-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1992 T/A convertible
Engine: LB9 TFS175heads Ebase/accel runners
Transmission: T5 5spd
Axle/Gears: 4.11
Re: S_AUJP v5 Now Available

This is awesome thanks for posting it and thanks for the hard work of all who contributed to its development, I can;t wait to give it a try on the TA
Old 12-31-2014, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TPI

Awesome! Totally amazing work. Thank you!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:03 PM

Car: 75 Vette
Engine: 406 TPI
Transmission: 700 R-4
Axle/Gears: 373

Thanks guys, you have been
working on this for years, thanks for
sharing it with us
Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome, thanks for posting! I've been running some things take from v3 in my car for years and years!

I can't wait to tear into this one and integrate some of the new changes!

Thanks!!!

Alex
Old 01-01-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4,
Axle/Gears: 3.73 w/SLP Zexel Torsen Limited Sli

Awesome I was just getting ready to retune v4 for my latest upgrades
Old 01-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break

Many thanks to 84Elky for spending the time on this.
He has put tremendous effort into following the hardest routines in the code to figure out why some of the previous code had errors.
and we believe it to be very solid at this point, need others to try it out and post reports.

USERS PLEASE POST FEEDBACK !

That is the only way things can be improved upon or other bugs found.
functional requests are always welcome too!
Jp

Last edited by JP86SS; 01-03-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Car: 91 B4C
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56

Alright, so I'm semi new to this PROM tuning. My question is can I load up my Current BIN tune file I've been working on as well as the files included in this (XDF, ADX, etc) for my definitions, burn chip and let her rip? I see where I need to copy the values located at the memory address, but I am unsure of what I technically have. I started off my downloading the definition files from TunerPro's website and started up.

I'm using the SF512/7730 ECM. When burning my current tune I'm burning at the chip address 8000-FFFF and Buffer Address 0000-7FFF. Some sort of guidance to get these new definitions up and running in TunerPro would be amazing, unless all I have to do is just load the definition files. Thank You!

Just to help out possibly, I've added my BIN file I've been working with as well as my attempt to follow the instructions to get the S_AUJP BIN to work. I haven't tried it yet, but just want to make sure I'm not going to burn something up. Also, when using TunerPro Moates I/O will I use the same addresses as above to burn the chip?

My Attempt:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzZ...ew?usp=sharing

My Original BIN that works:

Last edited by kyptx; 01-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by kyptx
Alright, so I'm semi new to this PROM tuning. My question is can I load up my Current BIN tune file I've been working on as well as the files included in this (XDF, ADX, etc) for my definitions, burn chip and let her rip? I see where I need to copy the values located at the memory address, but I am unsure of what I technically have. I started off my downloading the definition files from TunerPro's website and started up.

I'm using the SF512/7730 ECM. When burning my current tune I'm burning at the chip address 8000-FFFF and Buffer Address 0000-7FFF. Some sort of guidance to get these new definitions up and running in TunerPro would be amazing, unless all I have to do is just load the definition files. Thank You!

Just to help out possibly, I've added my BIN file I've been working with as well as my attempt to follow the instructions to get the S_AUJP BIN to work. I haven't tried it yet, but just want to make sure I'm not going to burn something up. Also, when using TunerPro Moates I/O will I use the same addresses as above to burn the chip?

My Attempt:

My Original BIN that works:
Based on the BINs you provided, your old BIN was prior to S_AUJP v4 (ie - AJUP2 or earlier) and the new v5 BIN looks correct. If you followed all the AUJP2 instructions on the "Transfer Your Calibration and Update to V5" page of the READ ME FIRST.... doc, you should be good to go. Your new v5 BIN will contain all your old Calibration data (Spark settings, VE, etc.) + new v4/v5 features you added/enabled.

For others who may not know which BIN they have, open your BIN in a hex editor:
  • S_AUJP v4: The first 2 bytes will be "10 30"
  • Prior to S_AUJP v4 (AUJP2 or earlier): The first 2 bytes will NOT be '10 30' and for confirmation, the last non-zero Calibration byte should be 'FF' at 0x987 and '00' after that
When viewing a $8d BIN in a hex editor, the Calibration area (the area containing the data the code uses) begins at 0x0000. The code begins at 0x3000. There are '00's between the end of the Calibration and start of the code.

There is no difference in burning v5 compared to other versions.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Car: 91 B4C
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56

So I'm set to burn it?! You just saved me a ton of time. Last night I spent a few hours working with getting histograms and a few test hits to try and get my VE tables set correctly and now this makes it easier since you have already done the definitions. Thanks again! I'm off to the AutoProm burning process and a test drive!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:18 AM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 427 SBC
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt / 3.73 TrueTrac

This may be a dumb question. But what exactly is the launch control?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TPI

From page 4 of the supporting docs.

Launch Control (LC)
Purpose: To limit wheel spin during a launch by controlling spark advance.

How to Use: This is a limited version of LC that only controls spark advance. It does not provide selective cylinder misfiring or RPM limiting. But all things being equal, a car with this LC will outperform one without it.

If ”Enabled”, LC works as follows:
• The user specifies the exact spark advance to be applied during launch and how long it will be applied (the “Launch Period”). The specified spark advance is used in place of code-calculated spark during the Launch Period.
• The car must be “Staged" before “Launch” can occur
• The car is Staged in one of two ways:
Idle Staged: MPH=0, in gear and idling normally
RPM Staged: MPH=0, in gear and RPM >= a RPM Threshold
• While Staged, if TPS% >= the TPS Threshold:
o LC is “Activated” (Launch has occurred), and
o a maximum 3.2 second Launch Period begins (could be less – see below), and
o spark advance is provided by a LC Spark Advance Table
• LC is “Deactivated” if:
o TPS% < the TPS Threshold, or
o a value in the LC Spark Table <= 0, or
o the LC Spark Table is full and the last Spark entry has been used (3.2 seconds have expired)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high

this is great. thanks for the work on this guys
i think a working launch control will be a lot fun to play with.
i need to get my NVSRAM working. i started on a test bench but had problems getting it running and then had some health problems im still trying t o get ironed out & i been out of tuning and away from the boards for a while because of it.

one thing if i may ask, i didn't see it mentioned and im guessing its not in there, but can it be added?
on hiway mode, can the code be done so as to allow a different amount of time in hyway mode Vs out? like hyway mode on for say 120 seconds, and then off for 10 seconds?
those are just numbers i picked, partly because i think the max time in is already 120 seconds which means 120 out in the code as it is now.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by IROCThe5.7L
This may be a dumb question. But what exactly is the launch control?
In your tune, you will have an SA - Main Table, and this will essentially target a selected advance amount depending where your RPM and KPA meet in that table. However, you can also add additional timing on top of that in a separate table called SA - Launch Control at any given RPM/KPA moment, but it only adds/triggers that additional timing when is senses Launch, and it will only add how much you tell it to, and when. For example, you may want 25 degrees of spark advance at 2300-RPM for everyday driving, and this will be found in your SA - Main Table setting. However, if your on the highway cruising at say 2000-RPM and your spark advance is reading about 22 degrees, and someone pulls up along side of you looking for a roll race, when you stomp on it you will want your total timing to come in faster, so the values in the SA- Launch Control are added on top of the values in the SA - Main Table, dialing in your total timing much sooner, and only when needed...
Old 01-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
In your tune, you will have an SA - Main Table, and this will essentially target a selected advance amount depending where your RPM and KPA meet in that table. However, you can also add additional timing on top of that in a separate table called SA - Launch Control at any given RPM/KPA moment, but it only adds/triggers that additional timing when is senses Launch, and it will only add how much you tell it to, and when. For example, you may want 25 degrees of spark advance at 2300-RPM for everyday driving, and this will be found in your SA - Main Table setting. However, if your on the highway cruising at say 2000-RPM and your spark advance is reading about 22 degrees, and someone pulls up along side of you looking for a roll race, when you stomp on it you will want your total timing to come in faster, so the values in the SA- Launch Control are added on top of the values in the SA - Main Table, dialing in your total timing much sooner, and only when needed...
Sorry, but the information in Post #14 above is not correct. It's important that there be correct information provided to avoid problems.

1. Launch Control can ONLY be activated when at a complete stop (MPH = 0). Per the doc:
  • The car must be “Staged" before “Launch” can occur
  • The car is Staged in one of two ways:
    Idle Staged: MPH=0, in gear and idling normally
    RPM Staged: MPH=0, in gear and RPM >= a RPM Threshold
2. Launch Control does NOT ADD Spark. Per the doc:
If ”Enabled”, LC works as follows:
  • The user specifies the exact spark advance to be applied during launch and how long it will be applied (the “Launch Period”). The specified spark advance is used in place of code-calculated spark during the Launch Period.
LC Spark Advance Table: An example LC Spark Advance Table is provided below:
Name:  LC.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  32.4 KB

LC Spark Advance should begin low at 0.0 seconds and gradually increase. The smallest non-zero entry allowed is 0.35 degrees. Negative (Retard) values are not allowed. End doc.

So, in effect, Spark Advance can be limited to as little as 0.35 degrees before (if RPM Staged) and then during the Launch Period.

Sorry for the rant, but a lot of time was spent preparing the v5 doc to avoid this type of problem. I did not initially respond to the question of what Launch Control was because a Google search returned over 870,000 hits. Had there been a question about the operational details, I would have immediately responded. But reading the v5 doc would be most helpful. Rant over.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 84Elky
Rant over.
If this is the case, where exactly is the benefit, then, of this form of Launch Control? I can foot brake until just under total timing from 0-mph and achieve the same results without it. I realize now I was wrongly correlating this with SA - Launch Mode found in another system because that is what I was expecting in the latest version, but I now see that it is essentially different if only being used from a 0-mph starting point. Also, there was really no reason to write as much as you did because rants do not help much. I did not say negative values were allowed, only that timing was added to the SA - Main Table, which it is, but rather than a RPM/KPA reference point from either 0-mph or part throttle, your using elapsed seconds starting from 0-mph only for up until 3.0 seconds. Someone encouraged opinions, and that is mine, I see no benefit. Sorry for the rant...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by DENN_SHAH
one thing if i may ask, i didn't see it mentioned and im guessing its not in there, but can it be added?
on hiway mode, can the code be done so as to allow a different amount of time in hyway mode Vs out? like hyway mode on for say 120 seconds, and then off for 10 seconds?
those are just numbers i picked, partly because i think the max time in is already 120 seconds which means 120 out in the code as it is now.
Hey Denn -- Sorry about the health problems. Hope you're better and stay that way.

Have looked at the Highway Fuel issue and believe it can be accomplished with just changing some of the existing Calibration constants. It appears Highway Fuel is allowed ON if ALL the following v4/v5 default conditions exist (controlled by Scalars which can be changed-Hex editor addresses shown):
0x480 = kPa <= 65, and
0x481 = Coolant Temp > 139*F (59*C), and
0x484 = MPH > 53

If those conditions exist for more than 10 seconds, Highway Mode Fuel is set ON and a new AFR is continuously calculated and applied, as best I can determine. Once Highway Mode Fuel is ON, it remains ON for no more than 60 seconds as long as the above conditions are met.

So if I'm understanding what you want to do, you should be able to change the two times to achieve different on and off durations. Devault Scalars:
0x482 = 10 seconds
0x483 = 60 seconds

It appears the way the code uses these time values, the 10 secs is the OFF time (or time before it's allowed to be ON once conditions are met), and the 60 secs is the max ON time. So you should be able to change them to see if you get the desired result. If I've misinterpreted things, please LMK.

BTY, the Display Word now output by v5 indicates when in/out of Highway Mode Fuel. That status is reported under "DISPWD" in a log. It's bit 4. Easiest way to report the status directly is to set up a BitMask in the ADX, set Packet Offset = 6 and report b4(0x10). That way you don't have to do any conversions.

LMK if that works.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 84Elky
)

Sorry for the rant, but a lot of time was spent preparing the v5 doc to avoid this type of problem. I did not initially respond to the question of what Launch Control was because a Google search returned over 870,000 hits. Had there been a question about the operational details, I would have immediately responded. But reading the v5 doc would be most helpful. Rant over.
The whole Google it replies are a bit ridiculous and played out. It's common sense mostly everyone is aware of Google and searching for information. It is my fault as I should have been more specific as wanting to know details. Not what it actually was. I was at work and my break was ending. As stated above the ranting helps no one. Just a lot of wasted key strokes.

Back on topic as everything looks good. Great job!

Last edited by IROCThe5.7L; 01-09-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by IROCThe5.7L
The whole Google it replies are a bit ridiculous and played out. It's common sense mostly everyone is aware of Google and searching for information. It is my fault as I should have been more specific as wanting to know details. Not what it actually was. I was at work and my break was ending. As stated above the ranting helps no one. Just a lot of wasted key strokes.

Back on topic as everything looks good. Great job!
Yes, ranting doesn't get anybody anywhere. When I heard the term Launch Control I was honestly expecting it to be a separate area to help control spark advance during part throttle conditions, along side other area's to help do this in the tuning, but I realize now it's similar launch control to that found in the $88 mask. Either way it's a great addition...