DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Question on disabling AIR

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts
Question on disabling AIR

Guys,

I've been helping someone chase down a persistent lean condition (and believe me we've checked EVERYTHING you can think of). Poor guys is pulling his hair out...

BLM's are stuck around mid 140's to mid 150's almost across the board. He recently swapped in a Vortec 350 (stock-ish cam) into his 3rd gen and is running a 7730 ECM. I've been doing this via e-mail as we're on opposite ends of the country. I have not attempted to change the factory VE tables yet since I'm expecting very minimal change to VE based on his combination. I don't want to mess with the tune until I'm sure he doesn't have a malfunction.

One thing I'm attempting to do is disable his AIR system via the calibration. I'm not even sure that's the right way to rule it out though...

What do you guys suggest? I want to take the AIR system out of the equation. Is there something he should do under the hood? Simply unplug the AIR pump perhaps (I've never dealt with with an AIR system before so I'm totally ignorant)?

Full disclosure... he's a friend of a fellow NastyZ 2nd genner and graciously offered to pay me a very modest sum of money ($80) to burn a chip for him and do several iterations to get it fine tuned (so I accepted), but I've been going through months of diagnostics with him for free. I'm also at my wits end, so I'm hoping someone here can lend me some of their brain power... I really want him to get that car running right.

Last edited by ULTM8Z; 05-21-2015 at 03:54 PM.