DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

.BIN flags - New to tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T5WC
Axle/Gears: 3:27
.BIN flags - New to tuning

I've read, and am re-reading the "How too" sticky above and undoubtedly have questions. I've swapped in a T5 where there once was a 700R4. It's my understanding that this is an on-off switch in the BIN file. So once that's selected, do you now have to tell it what the idle speed is supposed to be? Sorry, this is day one for me. I've just ordered the equipment so I don't even know what the program on the screen even looks like. I'm just reading and trying to get a head start on all this.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 AM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: .BIN flags - New to tuning

Assuming this is the engine in your sig, the MaskID is $32B. There is a flag to check to change the TCC logic over to a shift light logic. There is a table of desired idle speed versus engine CTS.

Note that the P/N input to the ECM needs to be left open. This has the transmission 'in drive' all of the time.

RBob.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Supreme Member

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T5WC
Axle/Gears: 3:27
Re: .BIN flags - New to tuning

Originally Posted by RBob
Assuming this is the engine in your sig, the MaskID is $32B. There is a flag to check to change the TCC logic over to a shift light logic. There is a table of desired idle speed versus engine CTS.

Note that the P/N input to the ECM needs to be left open. This has the transmission 'in drive' all of the time.

RBob.

Thanks for the information. And yes, the engine in my signature is the engine that I'm using. It's the factory one. I've since moded it and am continuing to do so.