DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Using TunerPro for the first time. need help with something

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Using TunerPro for the first time. need help with something

I have the Moates Autoprom and TunerPro V5 and I need to get the tuner some datalogging info but I am lost here.

I got the ecm and laptop to connect and show real time data but I now need to configure the program to get the tuner the info he needs.

He needs BLM and INT values for idle and part throttle, and he needs to know what block learn cell each of those values are for. He needs to know (if any) knocks are picked up on a wide open pass.

I have a wide band that I need to hook up but that will mos likely take all day Saturday considering the bung needs to be welded in and then all the wiring run. Not sure I can get that done AND get the data logging done in one day.

Can someone steer me n the right direction so I know what to click on in the program to get the above info sent to him? Thank you
Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: T5 Manual
Re: Using TunerPro for the first time. need help with something

Depends what the tuner has available to him. Does he have TunerPro also? If so you should save a datalog and you could then send him that file. He can look through that all he likes.

If not, modify the dash so that you have what he needs. I'm not clear if he is there with you- remote or what?
Old 11-17-2016, 09:11 PM
Supreme Member

He is using TunerPro. I need to send him the file but I need to make sure the data he is looking for is actually doing to record.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73

I have not come across any ADXs that don't show what you are asking about. (Though some codes don't use all of those variable (like block learn cell).

The dash gauges have zero to do with what is recorded in a datalog. Everything that is defined in the ADX whether shown on the dash or not will be recorded.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Vert
Engine: 305 Tpi
Transmission: T5 Manual

Just record away. Anything he needs will be on the datalog.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
I have not come across any ADXs that don't show what you are asking about. (Though some codes don't use all of those variable (like block learn cell).

The dash gauges have zero to do with what is recorded in a datalog. Everything that is defined in the ADX whether shown on the dash or not will be recorded.

I think I have the right files set up for TunerPro that pertain to my car (1991 350 TPI)

Top of the screen in TunerPro says 1227730_8D.ads l XDF file- 8d.xdf l ADX file 8D_90-91 Corvette.adx
Is this correct or do I have the wrong files loaded?

I see that you are a moderator on gearhead efi forum. I signed up last week but never received an email link to activate my account. I found this thread

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...27749-v-S_AUJP

Is this the correct file I need

1MeanZ did an initial mail order tune for me on a bone stock car. I have since added a TPIS intake, SLP runners, Dyno Don headers and ypipe with no cats and a magnaflow catback. I also changed out the injectors for Bosch lll 22lb unit from FIC. I also cut the baffles out under the air filters and installed a AFPR.

I already have the EGR deleted in the tune. There is no emissions stuff left on this car except for a charcoal canister. Im a wicked noob to this tuning stuff and have almost zero spare time to read through the hundreds of forum threads so Im hoping I can get a quick crash course on what I can change and tweak in the tune until I can get 1MeanZ to do it correctly after he gets my data log

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ28; 11-18-2016 at 08:05 PM.