DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Motorola CPU32 Disassembler

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '82 Camaro
Engine: 355
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4th Gen 10 Bolt, 4.10
Motorola CPU32 Disassembler

So I've worked on some of the '411 OS 12202088 disassembled code provided by dimented24x7 in order to identify tables and give a cheaper DIY method of reflashing these PCM's. I had looked hard for a disassembly of the newest OS used in these PCM's (can't remember the number right now) with no luck, and I didn't have the money to spend on IDA Pro.
Well I came across a freeware CPU32 code disassembler the other night written by a guy over on a Lotus forum by the name of Obeisance. He has the disassembler and the source code posted online (just search for his name and disassembler in Google). I thought I would share this, as I know there has to be someone else out there who has been looking and just is interested in understanding these PCM's. I have several BIN's of newer OS's and green/blue OS's I'm going to try it on and hopefully be able to work out some tables in those. This disassembler should work on any OS for PCM's that use a Motorola 683XX processor (CPU32) used in the '411 PCM, blue/green connector style, E40 pcm, and I believe Duramax LB7 Delphi ECM based or any other Delphi based ECM that looks similar.
I've ran this disassembler on at least a Duramax OS and it worked (after taking me some time to understand how to use it) and notates the disassembly very well for someone who knows very little about the instruction set (can read line by line in verbage what the function is doing). However, there's a lot of extra "information" that he details out that I preferably don't need or want in order to walk through the code (makes it hard to notate what the code is doing in relationship to the car) so I'm going to take his source code and remove some of the notation to just give line hex address, the instruction code, and the equivalent hex value for that line address to make it easier to notate out. If anyone is interested in this version I will share, but want to give all the credit to Obeisance as I understand what he wrote but don't think I could have done it myself.