Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

B&M Megashifter Wiring Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
B&M Megashifter Wiring Issues

About three months ago I installed a B&M Megashifter into my '92 Camaro. Even though the directions are extremely vague I was able to get it installed, the only bump I hit was the wiring. I was able to get the reverse lights to work for a day and then they killed out, probably because one of the nuts holding the switches down fell off and the switches weren't probably seated on the shifter anymore. So yesterday I opened it up and was disgusted at the wiring I rushed through the first time so I decided to redo the wiring. I made diagrams to follow so I don't get lost but something still went wrong. Even with the wires hooked up exactly like they were before besides some new solder and connectors I have no reverse lights and the neutral safety switch isn't functioning but that's probably because I've bypassed the starter relay for a push start button. So I'm stuck with no reverse lights even though the wires match up with my old diagrams and B&M's diagrams. The only thing I've noticed different from my harness from their diagram is that I don't have a 'yellow wire'. I've attached the B&M diagram that I've been following. Also since we're on the topic of the Megashifter I was curious to know if anyone has notice the shifter being loose? I don't know if it's me being paranoid since I have it apart but I've noticed it moves quite a lot, here's a video to show what I mean.

Thanks,
Justin
Attached Thumbnails B&M Megashifter Wiring Issues-b-m-wiring-diagram.png