Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Underhood wiring missing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: None
Underhood wiring missing

Hey yall!

So I guess this is my first post outside of my project thread, that.. doesn't seem to count toward post count.

89 Firebird formula 350..

Forgive me if this is already covered. I see there's info but I'm not quite finding what I need and wanted your opinion on the best way to go about this.

Someone started parting out my car at some point in the past, and with that they took every bulb out of the car, and the entire front engine compartment harnesses, relays, headlight motors and even the washer bottle with them.

I have wiring up to the fuseblock where it crosses the firewall (I can take a pic of that's confusing) but nothing beyond that in the engine bay.

I just talked to painless and they said they have no plans ot make a wiring kit for the firebird, and that the camaro kit wont fit this car.

I checked with GMPD and they don't sell parts for a car this old (not surprising.)

Checked pull-a-part, they dont have 80s cars at all, so I'm having some difficulty with this part.

I'm planning to do an LSx retrofit, and I would assume that my LSx harness would cover the electric fans and all that, but I still need something for washer fluid, hvac, headlights, turn signals park lights and horns.

Any ideas? I figure if I at least had the other side of the fuse panel block with some wires coming out of it I could rig up my own runs. (I can solder and tape, and can "borrow" harness connectors from salvage yard cars for cheap if need be) but I'd prefer to do it "the right way."

Any info is appreciated!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 91 G92 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 342
Re: Underhood wiring missing

Hawks sells used harnesses and LS conversion harnesses.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/se..._query=harness