Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

No tail lights, dash lights, headlights or dome light.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No tail lights, dash lights, headlights or dome light.

Hello everyone, i was recently driving home and it started to get dark so i turned my headlight switch on but it didn't do anything.

Neither the head or tail lights work but the brake lights, signals and hazards do. High beams didn't work either and upon turning the switch on it didn't even show that anything should be lit up. The cel and stuff like that work tho.

The only thing i could think of is i had put tires in my back seat and a jack in the trunk, could it have messed something up?(it seemed to have cracked the plastic part in the back that hides the trunk latch etc...

I had heard something about the connections being made to the trunk, the part that's on was tilted forward a bit, could that have caused my lights to not work if it wasn't making connection?

Also a green wire is loose and the third brake light connector(black/orange and 2 red/white wires) was disconnected. Could any of these be factors? Or is it just my light switch is shot.

To add to recent events to see if anything could have caused it i did drop the tranny pan the other day and one of the bolts broke when i was driving home when the car shifted(shift kit and it shifts hard) could it have made the things connected to the starter that interfere with lights(cant remember the name) break?

thanks for any help.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: LOWERED ♦ CRIMSON METALFLAKE
Engine: ► 400 KUBES ◄
Transmission: 765R4
Axle/Gears: EATON POSI 4.56
Dracula, You Can Count On Him

Your last paragraph was right on.

You might have broken a Fusible Link which is connected to the solenoid.

On most VINS there will be 3 Links there.

Happy Racing !

The Steering Turns Real Easy When The Car Is On The Roof