Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Power widow coversion kit install

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 2.8 V6 For Now
Power widow coversion kit install

I finally decided to tackle a few little things in the car, one of the things I didn't like was the fact the windows was not powered. I found a universal power window kit on Amazon read the customers reviews and decided to give it a shot.

Kit Name- XO Vision
Price- $50

Pros so far...

*Motors are quiet and seem to have an decent amount of power
*Comes with everything you need to get the job done
*Easy install if you are mechanically incline and take your time.
*Comes with extra long wires that is easy to connect (dummy proof)

Cons so far.

*Do not expect to get allot of help from the instructions provided YouTube conversion window kits more helpful then the instructions.
*The light switches are very dim can barely see the lamination.
*As for the speed of the windows going up and down, I guess its a personal preference or opinion. If you are looking for the to make your windows go up and down like a new Camaro then this is not the kit for you. It works good as it should for a kit that cost 50 bucks.

Here is my install maybe my info can help or inspire another Camaro owner.

Tell me what you think of my conversion good or bad.

Last edited by Destro Camaro; 02-21-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:07 PM

Re: Power widow coversion kit install

The first thing to do is obviously take off the door if you never did it search TGO. <br/><br/>In the kit it comes with different adapters sizes to go over your existing crank. Once you found your size you will need to hammer it on. But don't wack it like a mad man just enough to get the adapter edge flush with the crank.

[I]I know its not the best picture but the next adapter fits over the first one you put on. that will be what the window motor kit firs over to control the window. Also the out line is where I had to cut into the door in order to place the motor. I really didn't want to cut into the door but without it the motor would had caused clearance issues with the door panel.

Last edited by Destro Camaro; 02-21-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:22 PM

Made the cut, was so nervous sweat was dripping in my eyes. Did not really want to cut in to the car do not want my job to be called an "HACK JOB"

Fits in great in my opinion. Still have to take a file and smooth things out.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:32 PM

This is where your window hand crank would normally go. When installing the brackets it is important to use the screw hardware that is provided. They are the prefect length to not interfere with the window tracks on the other side. **LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY** **Do your whole kit installation with the window UP, even though the directions say down. Last thing you want to do is drill into the glass. Have read online where that has happened.

Last edited by Destro Camaro; 02-21-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:37 PM

Screwed down ready to go! And yes it is suppose to be shaped like the infinity symbol. My girl though I had it installed wrong. lol Follow the same steps to complete the other door.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:56 PM

Decided to make use of the delete plate on the door panels instead of the factory location in the center console for couple reasons. One I was too scared to cut my center console and 2nd I like door control better and I have 6 delete plates for some reason.

Despite the my bad cutting skill the bezel fit lit a glove. I nicked the plate in the lower right had corner going to redo it when I have time.

Had to remove to screw hole section in order for the switch back to fit.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:00 PM

[I]More cutting, every time I put the grinder on the car I asked myself am I making an mistake. But I been happy with the end results so far.

*NOTE* On the passenger side it not really need to make this cut on the car door since its only one switch on that side. There will still be a clearance issue but a few hits with the hammer will push the metal back far enough for the switch back.

Last edited by Destro Camaro; 02-21-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:05 PM

Driver

Passenger
Old 02-21-2017, 06:18 PM

I ran all the wires and connected into the power wire into accessories wire under the dash. Didn't put the door panels back on because Im thinking about making my on door panels hopefully. After two days and plenty of beer Im happy with the end results. Not a bad price and it actually works.

**NOTE**For best result with window traveling speed grease your window regulators tracks I used all purpose grease that came in the a tube for like 3 bucks at Wal-Mar
**NOTE**For the love of God please do not hook the motor wires directly to the battery read on other site forums were that burns up the motor.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:28 PM

Mocking up the door panel. Think it turned out ok for my first door panel design.