[MD] Two 350 roller cam core engines in Charles County, Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2000 BMW M5
Two 350 roller cam core engines in Charles County, Maryland

I have two running when pulled roller cam, 1 piece rear main 5.7 engines I am selling as rebuildable cores. $175/each picked up, Located in Charles County, Maryland. No shipping. Both engines are long blocks but do not include intake manifolds. These both ran when pulled but I make no warranties beyond that they are good rebuilders that do not have any major damage (no cracked blocks or heads, no knocking, no spun bearings). I was saving these for future projects, but I don't think I'm going to ever use them.

Engine #1 is a 2 bolt main, 14101083 head, 1 piece rear main 5.7 that I had previously rebuilt at .030" over with a remanufactured Crankshaft Rebuilders crank kit, resized rods, an F body LT1 cam, single row HD GM timing set, and new pistons/rings. The 083 heads came off another 5.7 TPI engine and were previously rebuilt. I put 10,000 miles on this engine after rebuilding it before I pulled it and parted out the vehicle it came from (I had this in a very rusty TPI-swapped K1500 project). I am selling this engine as a rebuildable core because although it was running well when pulled, I noticed that one of the valve guides in the 083 heads now feels sloppy upon inspection. The sloppy guide has an iron insert that a machine shop previously installed. Something clearly went wrong on this guide install, as it has developed accelerated wear. Although the guide could probably be repaired, and all of the other guides seem to be fine I would personally swap a good set of heads on this engine and then it will be ready to run. I am selling it as a rebuildable core. You are welcome to inspect the bottom end, I will pull the pan and pull a few rod and main caps if you want to see the condition of the bearings before agreeing to take it.

Engine #2 is a 4 bolt main, 2000 model year 5.7 vortec engine from an old body style one ton C3500 truck I parted out a while ago. It has 250,000 miles on it. It ran smooth but the idle oil pressure when hot in the summer time was down around 10 psi, running 5w-30, so I would personally go through it and rebuild it at this point. Other than the oil pressure getting weak, this engine ran 100%, so it is definitely a good candidate to at least do a re-ring rebuild on and install a crank kit.

Last edited by 327_TPI_77_Maro; 02-10-2016 at 01:00 PM.