[KS] Misc things; coolant tank, caps, brake mstr lid

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Misc things; coolant tank, caps, brake mstr lid

1990 Camaro RS ---
Ok ... long story short, a fire got going under part of the front of the car (leaves), and I got it out rather quickly with a fire extinguisher (3-5 min), but there was enough heat it melted the plastic air intake piece, some outer wire coverings, popped the front left tire and deformed some others.

Here's what I'm looking for .....

1) Expansion Coolant tank & cap .....

2) Cap that covers where the top of where the struts are , inside engine area.

3) Brake master cylinder cap / lid

4) air intake tube from air filter to injection intake.... FOUND !!

5) Lug nut bar / tube that fits standard OEM Jack handle .... fits standard lug nuts.

May be adding to the list and as I progress. Some , I know I'll have to get new. May need some wire connections or harnesses.

Last edited by eagleks; 05-25-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 ws6
Engine: Carb'd 334 stroker
Transmission: T5
I'm in Kansas as well, and have an 85 t/a parts car. Bird and camaro coolant tanks are different (I think?), but I have a whole master cyl still on the car, lid and all. Wasn't wanting to get rid of just the lid though. I might have the caps around my shop somewhere
Old 05-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 355, 10.34:1, 249/252 @.050", IK200
Transmission: TH-400, 3500 stall 9.5" converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9", detroit locker, 3.89 gears
Re: Misc things; coolant tank, caps, brake mstr lid

I have most if not all of the parts you need. I'm parting out 3 third gens. A 84 z28, 85 z28, 87 firebird. Get your part list together and PM me I can get you pictures of any parts I have and get you prices on all items and figure out the shipping.

For now, take a look at my photobucket.. http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Ni...?sort=3&page=0

These are the cars I'm parting out, and parts I have for sale...
***Just as a note, I rather not ship big/heavy items like engines, rear ends, etc****
Old 05-25-2015, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly appreciated, I will let you know. It seems the more I dig, the more I find. Hoping I don't find too much more, but .... I'm sure I will. Need to get first part done so I can get it on a rack, and check the things underneath better.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 355, 10.34:1, 249/252 @.050", IK200
Transmission: TH-400, 3500 stall 9.5" converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9", detroit locker, 3.89 gears

Cool deal man. I hate to hear you had that BS happen but glad you got the fire put out fast enough before it caused MAJOR damage.

Looking to save you some on shipping, you know the more you buy at once is cheaper shipping than 2, 3, 5 diff shipments. If you want those parts you listed from me and want to wait till you see if there is more damage, I can hold off on shipping them if you want. Just trying to help you out some. I know how bad things like that can be. I feel for you man

I had something sort of like that happen to me and I can't believe I'm fixing to post this on the internet but oh well... A little long read but worth it.

Put new brake pads and calipers on my '88 camaro 8 or 9 years ago. Drove up the road, car didn't feel right, but I didn't think much of it. Stopped at a stop sign and smelled something that smelled like a clutch burning... Oh just new pads breaking in I thought.. A couple more miles up the road smoke started coming up from front end, and into window. I pulled over to side of road fast, and jumped out... Saw flames coming out of my front driver wheel. Ran to grab my fire extinguisher, crap it's not there! I took it out with my tool bag when I done the brakes and forgot to put it back. Thinking fast I popped the hood and was going to jerk my coolant overflow jug off and throw that water on the fire. It was an aftermarket one that I bolted on and couldn't just ****** it off... Ok now I'm scared I'm gonna loose my car to a fire so I start running around the sides of road like a chicken with it's head cut off looking for water puddles, cups, old soda bottles, etc... NOTHING to be found. It was a drought so no water in the ditch. Fire is getting bigger now.. I did not have a cell phone at that time. I'm out in the country, very small town and on a back road. No traffic to flag someone down...........The ONLY thing I can think of to save my car, I run back over to the driver front wheel, unzip my fly and yes, I pee'd all over and through the wheel until the fire died out...
Put spare tire on and drove back home to check and fix all the damage and find out what happened. The only thing I found was the caliper was locked up, and pad was 'melted' for lack of better term so I guess the friction caused enough heat to catch pad on fire or melt the rubber flexline and brake fluid leaked out and caught on fire
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Iroc
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R
Axle/Gears: 3:27 posi

Ever end up finding the master cylinder parts? I think I still have one in the garage from when I scrapped my 89.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 AM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
Car: 1992 Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98 5.7L 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I have all parts minus Camaro intake. Pm me what you all need still.