Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

parts car engine swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro rs
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: t-5
parts car engine swap ?

hope im in the right section . ive searched for this but didnt find anything on it .
so any way heres the deal yesterday i bought a parts car for my 91 camaro rs . and its just a roller pretty empty . with that being said its at a friends house who happens to have a spare 2.3l mustang fox body motor , he called me today asking if i wanted to swap the motor in it. call me crazy but i think it would be an interesting swap just for ***** and giggles. has anybody done anything like this before or could point me in the right direction . thanks in advance

and this is my baby

Attached Thumbnails parts car engine swap ?-img_4040.jpg   parts car engine swap ?-img_4041.jpg   parts car engine swap ?-img_4047.jpg   parts car engine swap ?-old-blue.jpg  
Old 02-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 GTA
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T5
Re: parts car engine swap ?

I don't know of anyone that has put a Ford motor in a third gen, but hey, why not?
Do you have the wiring harness and computer for the 2.3L motor? Do you have a transmission to mate up to it? Do you have a lot of spare time? Do you have the skills necessary to fabricate the motor mounts.
It could be a fun tinker project, but it could also turn into a time and money pit.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro rs
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: t-5
Re: parts car engine swap ?

Originally Posted by Zane M
I don't know of anyone that has put a Ford motor in a third gen, but hey, why not?
Do you have the wiring harness and computer for the 2.3L motor? Do you have a transmission to mate up to it? Do you have a lot of spare time? Do you have the skills necessary to fabricate the motor mounts.
It could be a fun tinker project, but it could also turn into a time and money pit.
Yes I have everything . Pulled straight out of a fox body . I have pretty decent welding skills so I don't see to much of a hassle