Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

V6 to 350 carb swap.manual trans.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 firebird 350 .30 over 650 Holly.
Engine: 355.rollers.650 Holley. Thumper.cam
Transmission: V6 14 spine t5 .wouldn't recommend
Axle/Gears: 3:43 ls gotta be changed
V6 to 350 carb swap.manual trans.

Ok so howdy all.heres the thing I've been searching this forum for weeks to figure out a general guide on completing this swap.there is so many different versions of "you can do this you can't do that.and the "well I've done that"is there any way we could get a general breakdown guide of . Taking a 88 to 98 350 switching it over to a carb.intake plumbing this engine.and a matter of fact point of view on the pros and cons ..rather the hardships of bolting on the stock t5 or the t56 .this site has been a great help so far to an extent but it would be great to acauly get a break down.instead of the well I suppose and I imagine but I'm not exactly sure answers.thanks everyone for the help
Old 10-22-2016, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '02 T/A
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Re: V6 to 350 carb swap.manual trans.

Originally Posted by Josh F
Ok so howdy all.heres the thing I've been searching this forum for weeks to figure out a general guide on completing this swap.there is so many different versions of "you can do this you can't do that.and the "well I've done that"is there any way we could get a general breakdown guide of . Taking a 88 to 98 350 switching it over to a carb.intake plumbing this engine.and a matter of fact point of view on the pros and cons ..rather the hardships of bolting on the stock t5 or the t56 .this site has been a great help so far to an extent but it would be great to acauly get a break down.instead of the well I suppose and I imagine but I'm not exactly sure answers.thanks everyone for the help
It's pretty simple and the sbc swaps have been done a millions times especially in these cars. Did you have any specific questions?
Is your car already a t5? What year 350 are you using?
Old 10-22-2016, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: V6 to 350 carb swap.manual trans.

I'm in on this discussion. I have an 86 firebird 2.8 mpfi /automatic and want to do v8/ t-5 swap on it. I found a wrecked no title 89 RS that is 305 tbi /t5. Just started to pull 305 /5 speed. Bad thing is neither are presently running.

Search this Thread