Engine Swap Everything about swapping an engine into your Third Gen.....be it V6, V8, LTX/LSX, crate engine, etc. Pictures, questions, answers, and work logs.

just swab my 305 by 350- questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350 swap
Transmission: manual
just swab my 305 by 350- questions

Hi all,
I just got my car back from replacing my 305 for a crate 350. I have attached 2 pictures with couple of items that were not hooked up. I need to mention that a Holley 4BB was installed as well. One of the picture shows the gold /black sensor which have no attachment. The other picture shows the hose label "carb" from the canister, and is not connected(I looped it around).
does anybody could tell me what sensor is it and where that hose suppose to go in the carb? I looked around the carb but I see no area to connect the hose.

Also, I have the service manual for a 1986 Camaro. From now on, can I use the section titled 5.7L engine as instructions for my new crate 350 engine?

Any help appreciated, and thanks.
Javier
Attached Thumbnails just swab my 305 by 350- questions-sensor.jpg   just swab my 305 by 350- questions-canister-hose.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 PM

Re: just swab my 305 by 350- questions

I can tell you those sensors/switches are water temp related, so they are likely for the cooling fan or water temperature gauge.
I think the hose on your charcoal canister went to the pre purge fitting on your factory quadrajet and one side was a vacuum signal. Your aftermarket Holley most likely has no provision for this. I think you can remove that hose completely with no ill effects. It's been a long time since I ran a carbureted Chevy so maybe there's a better expert on that who will chime in.
I think you'll find that there's little functional differences between the 305 and the 350, as far as a repair manual goes.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350 swap
Transmission: manual
Re: just swab my 305 by 350- questions

Thank you. I am glad both engines are similar!