Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

Good bye Magnaflow and HELLo Gmmg

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Good bye Magnaflow and HELLo Gmmg

Though I shouldnt be spending money on my car right now and save up to fix the laundry list of other things the car needs.I couldnt pass up a deal on a practically new Gmmg that was for sale by a local ls1tech member.I snagged it for a good price and had to hear this thing on my car asap.The turbo setup really toned down an already mellow Mganaflow exhaust.And at the time when I bought it...10years ago.Clean quiet no rasp exhaust was what I was after.The Magbaflow was great and does growl when you hit wot. But now with the turbo Im more in a mood to strike fear..my stealthy stock appearing car has now lost is reputation and local guys know an idea what Im packing.Cats outta the bag its an Ls..oh well but few know its boosted still.I needed something to mask over the turbo..luckily the turbo isnt that loud. So I hit up my exhaust guy to quickly blast it on and I wanted quad tips just seemed to be corvetteish look.

The first fire with the Gmmg resulted in a healthy crackle and I got giddy.The drive home on the highway was the testing ground.I could tell the sound was now coming strictly from the rear.It gives the car presence going and coming lol.I dont even feel the need to use the cutout slightly opened to get the same sensation without the interior drone.I dropped the hammer down once from a down shift and my goodness I think i made someone jump in their seat beside me.Sounds raw.I needed to seafoam the engine as late last night knowing the car would spew large amounts of smoke so time for a sound clip.vid.Hard to see the smoke show but trust me its massive.The seafoam I can say for sure made an instant improvement in throttle response is that means anything to you guys and car feels smoother.Enjoy

Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 iroc
Engine: 410 sbc
Transmission: tremec 3550
Axle/Gears: 30 spline 3.73
Re: Good bye Magnaflow and HELLo Gmmg

sounds pretty darn good to me!!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks,heres a little ride along clip.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: SuperRam 350
Transmission: Pro Built S/S TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Oh yeah.

The GMMG system is hard to beat. I've had mine for almost 10 years now. Still love it. Very unique sounding system.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Any other gain aside from improved sound. I like Magnaflow but Gmmg sounds a lot better.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

NICE
Old 03-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Iroc
Engine: L94 6.2
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9"/Truetrac/4.11s

Originally Posted by 86White_T/A305
Though I shouldnt be spending money on my car right now and save up to fix the laundry list of other things the car needs.I couldnt pass up a deal on a practically new Gmmg that was for sale by a local ls1tech member.I snagged it for a good price and had to hear this thing on my car asap.The turbo setup really toned down an already mellow Mganaflow exhaust.And at the time when I bought it...10years ago.Clean quiet no rasp exhaust was what I was after.The Magbaflow was great and does growl when you hit wot. But now with the turbo Im more in a mood to strike fear..my stealthy stock appearing car has now lost is reputation and local guys know an idea what Im packing.Cats outta the bag its an Ls..oh well but few know its boosted still.I needed something to mask over the turbo..luckily the turbo isnt that loud. So I hit up my exhaust guy to quickly blast it on and I wanted quad tips just seemed to be corvetteish look.

The first fire with the Gmmg resulted in a healthy crackle and I got giddy.The drive home on the highway was the testing ground.I could tell the sound was now coming strictly from the rear.It gives the car presence going and coming lol.I dont even feel the need to use the cutout slightly opened to get the same sensation without the interior drone.I dropped the hammer down once from a down shift and my goodness I think i made someone jump in their seat beside me.Sounds raw.I needed to seafoam the engine as late last night knowing the car would spew large amounts of smoke so time for a sound clip.vid.Hard to see the smoke show but trust me its massive.The seafoam I can say for sure made an instant improvement in throttle response is that means anything to you guys and car feels smoother.Enjoy

Cammed Lq4+Gmmg+Seafoam - YouTube

What tips are these? They're exactly what I've been looking for with my car, but I can't seem to find anything exactly alike.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Supreme Member

To be honest i dont know the exact name of the tips. the shop doing the work had a very wide selection of tips from all sorts of brands and we literally held up a few quad tips till i decided on those. I kinda wanted something to resemble quad tips on a 5th gen z/28 that was also a slash cut. I think they are made by vibrant,they dont have any markings on them sorry. I want to change a few things on the exhaust but its not on the must do list compared to other items. The gmmg rasp to a degree i could do without..thinking maybe add a powerstick in there to tone that down some.and the tips I do regret no are sticking past the bumper and I shouldve done them flush in about an 1.5inch. Other than that..the car has a distinct tone Im very pleased with.the turbo really did tame the sound I had when it was n/a and I had to have something more aggressive. If only my camera could truly capture how good it sounds for you guys to hear it.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Supreme Member

Attached Thumbnails Good bye Magnaflow and HELLo Gmmg-tips1.jpg   Good bye Magnaflow and HELLo Gmmg-tips2.jpg