Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

Doing the shaker assembly mod for real

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Trans Am
Engine: 305 Carb
Transmission: 700R4
Here are a couple of pics of how I handled the ridge around the scoop opening on my conversion. Kind of an expensive option since I had to sacrifice an original 2nd gen TA hood, but I really wanted it to look like the factory installed the shaker. Besides, I already had a hood off of a 77 TA that I parted out.

In the first picture you can see that even with sectioning the shaker mount, I still am very close to the hood because of my intake. The TA grilles in the front of the hood will be filled with metal panels as part of the paint job, but I will be keeping the rear vents. I will also be adding a hood bird to complete the 2nd gen style.
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-hood.jpg  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see.... looks very close to same location I cut my hood. Now I'm thinking I put a little to much spacing at the front and rear of my shaker. What is the distance on that original hood opening, Front to rear... and side to side? also... Got any pics of the scoop center ridge mod?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:23 PM

Car: 1991 Firebird with T-Tops
Engine: L03 - 5.0L 305
That5s kick @$$ i love it i hope it looks even better painted, ditto for richard
Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi
If mine was carb'd vs FI, I'd look into this. I could always fake one in there, but it wouldn't REALLY be a shaker. I don't go for looks without function.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by RICHRAD
I see.... looks very close to same location I cut my hood. Now I'm thinking I put a little to much spacing at the front and rear of my shaker. What is the distance on that original hood opening, Front to rear... and side to side? also... Got any pics of the scoop center ridge mod?
I should be able to get those measurements for you later tonight and post them here. I still am working on the ridge mod, so I will try to snap a couple of pics this week and get them posted.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:50 AM

Here are the stock 2nd gen shaker opening dimensions. The width of the opening tapers in at the front. Measurements were taken just before the radius of the rounded corners begin:
Width at front - 14 1/8"
Width at rear - 16 1/8"

Length measurement was taken down the centerline which is the longest measurement:
Length - 18 13/16"

Hope that helps.

Here are some pics of the mod I did to eliminate the extra ridges on the shaker. The pics show the front edge of the shaker, but I also did the same on the rear edge. At this point all I have done is laying the fiberglass, it still needs to be cut to shape and sanded. I took the pictures of my modified shaker(blue) beside a stock unmodified shaker(brown) so that it would be easier to see the differences.

First Pic - You can see just how high the ridge is to match up to the ridge on the 2nd gen. Our hoods do not have near that much of a ridge down the center.

Second Pic - This really shows the height difference. I used 2 wood door shims as a mold under the fiberglass as I laid it. The shims are long and tapered to that gave me the low peak that I needed. It is hard to see the shape in the pics, but it will be more evident once I cut the excess off.

Third Pic - You can see where I made the cuts along the inside edge of the ridge on the blue shaker then built it back up with fiberglass layers. I overlapped the fiberglass onto the bottom of the shaker for strength, then built it up to the same thickness of the original part. I still have to put one layer over the top edge, but will not do that until I have some sanding done to blend the old edge into the new fiberglass.
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-ridgemod.jpg  
Old 07-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Banned

Anybody going to go so far as to add 2nd gen fender vents along with the shaker? I saw several sets of vents on eBay, and the prices for them aren't too bad.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 TA
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
that'd be cool.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:55 PM

wilyk9, Thanks for checking that out for me. I have about 19 1/2" on the front to rear centerline, but my seal will still be hidden by the hood once all is done. On doing my final positioning I've learned that I need to remove more underhood support structure. Currently I am filling in the void where I shifted the shaker steel housing around. Got my piece cut out just need to get'er welded in. Also started to cut out the shaker opening. That, I could use some tips on! I've got a few holes plunged, but that resin chips easy so I kinda backed out of that one. if I had some experience with the fiberglass, I 'd do the same as you probably. So you will just put the required peak on the blue shaker as you sand down the glass? Good deal look forward to seeing that one. And thanks for the extra photos
Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen
Anybody going to go so far as to add 2nd gen fender vents along with the shaker? I saw several sets of vents on eBay, and the prices for them aren't too bad.
Don't think I will... Only time air needs to escape is when the fan turns on and sucks it from around the rubber air deflector. having no grilles at all plain sucks. The main reason I chose to do a shaker. The cosmetics of looking like a second generation T/A I was NOT going for. Finally, fresh air all the time. no special air cleaner housings, no flex ducts , no air scoops, and no worries where to mount them.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:36 AM

Thought about this but since I have a TA with the fender vents, this would make things too busy. I had actually went so far as to tape a set on my car to get an idea of how it would look, but they looked out of place to me. If I had decided to do this, I definately would have switched to plain fenders. But I just think the third gen ta vents work better with the body lines, just my opinion.

RICHRAD, no problem, glad to help. I have not cut out my shaker opening yet, waiting to finish the other glass work first. I plan on using a hole saw, or possibly a dremel, when the time comes. And I will cut the opening smaller to start with, then sand outward to the edge. This should help in case there is any chipping. When I cut the ridges off, I just used a cutoff wheel and worked slowly. Did not experience any chipping with that.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 PM

Another update.. Got ahead of myself on this one, but decided to hack the shaker open for fresh air. Drilled a couple of holes in each half before using a jigsaw. I modified the jigsaw blade by grinding some width out of it to allow for easier control in the turns. A very dusty job Also I kept from the desired egde by about 1/32" . then I filed the rest with a few diff types of files. heres pics
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010054.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010055.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010057.jpg  
Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1982 Trans Am
Engine: SBC 400
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 2.77
that is pretty sweet!! I was thinking of doing this a while back, but like someone else mentioned, there really wasn't a step by step write up. I have an '82 an I was thinking of doing this mod, I'll have to get a regular flat hood though. I always thought the wheel flares on the '88 Special Appearance Package Formula's and spoiler would look bad a$$ with the shaker hood mod, with the huge bird on the hood...definatley would look like a "retro" 3rd gen!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Supreme Member

someone mentioned a few posts back about putting 2nd gen fender vents on a 3rd gen...I had went to the junk yard and in a far corner was a trashed 79. I snagged the vents and as soon as I get a set of fenders I'll let you guys see what I come up with.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by j dezzy
someone mentioned a few posts back about putting 2nd gen fender vents on a 3rd gen...I had went to the junk yard and in a far corner was a trashed 79. I snagged the vents and as soon as I get a set of fenders I'll let you guys see what I come up with.
I'm not talking about the fender vents...unless there is a miscommunication
I'm talking about the front and rear wheel "spats" they are sometimes called...I call them wheel flares, go figure. Anyway, I don't think secondgen spats would fit. Someone was trying to make a set in the fabrication section...I guess he made two but is still trying to get them perfected. I think he only has the rear that he made a mold out of fiberglass. Front's would be different I guess. I think the same guy was or did make the spoiler also. I wish someone made aftermarket ones. Try to find those pieces in the junkyard...I did and nobody ever knows what I'm talking about!!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

yup. miscommunication. still, those vents will look good. lol. The 79 I found in the yard still has the fender flares...or whatever we're going to call them. lol. I'll look into picking them up too. Always in for a challenge. I'm trying to keep my 84 looking stock. but I'll try anything with the 89.
The following users liked this post:
Ariyana Dumon (02-25-2020)
Old 07-31-2006, 10:07 PM

very close to being finished now that I cut and welded in the filler panel. more pics... Left to do is... paint the housing, drill fastener holes into new sheetmetal, seal it up.. looks like some fiberglass work will be necessary at the front ridge also. I have clearance everywhere but there in front with hood closed. will take pics of that as I get to that stage.
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010048.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010050.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010051.jpg  
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 AM

RICHRAD, I am assuming that you are running a stock intake? Looking at those pictures you just posted, there is no way that I could use that lower section on my conversion, I am running an edelbrock intake and it sets higher than stock. My lower section is only about half an inch high at the front. So word of caution for anyone wanting to attempt this, if you have an aftermarket intake that is taller than stock, you most likely will need to section that lower piece to gain enough clearance.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by wilyk9
RICHRAD, I am assuming that you are running a stock intake? Looking at those pictures you just posted, there is no way that I could use that lower section on my conversion, I am running an edelbrock intake and it sets higher than stock. My lower section is only about half an inch high at the front. So word of caution for anyone wanting to attempt this, if you have an aftermarket intake that is taller than stock, you most likely will need to section that lower piece to gain enough clearance.
Yes, a completely stock lg4 induction system. Would do me no good to cut the bottom steel housing half in the front. I'm satisfied with the clearance elsewhere around the shaker. I'm getting 3/8" to 1/2" clearance around the shaker, but only 1/8" at the front center ridge. Don't believe my seal will sqeeze down that much.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 PM

Here's some more front end shots I took this weekend...
Hey Wilyk9, when doing the glass did you first cut out that ridge? And does the resin just bond itself to the scoop or did you drill anchor holes near the edge?. Looks like you removed quite a bit of the front area.. I'm getting ready to try this fiberglass mod. Pm me some tips or post all you can here..thanks
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010052.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010046.jpg   Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010053.jpg  
Old 08-07-2006, 07:47 AM

RICHRAD, that is really looking good. Do you plan on painting it to match the car?
On the ridge mod, I first attempted to just section it to lower it, but that proved to be more trouble than it was worth, so I just cut the entire ridge off. When I built the new ridge, I first sanded the original surface then overlapped a layer of the cloth onto the orginal material on the bottom. I built up the thickness until it was just a bit above the original material at the topside. Next I will sand everything too shape and to the same level of the original material on top. Final step will be to lay one layer on the top edge that will overlap the original material, then sand everything smooth. The resin sticks to the old glass very well, but the hole anchor idea might give some extra strength.
I did a similiar repair on the rear of this scoop for a broken off corner when I first started, and in the end you could not tell the repair was there except for the color difference. Did some "flexing" of the area after the repair to be sure that it would not break and it appeared to be as strong as any other part of the scoop.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:24 PM

RICHRAD, that is really looking good. Do you plan on painting it to match the car?
On the ridge mod, I first attempted to just section it to lower it, but that proved to be more trouble than it was worth, so I just cut the entire ridge off. When I built the new ridge, I first sanded the original surface then overlapped a layer of the cloth onto the orginal material on the bottom. I built up the thickness until it was just a bit above the original material at the topside. Next I will sand everything too shape and to the same level of the original material on top. Final step will be to lay one layer on the top edge that will overlap the original material, then sand everything smooth. The resin sticks to the old glass very well, but the hole anchor idea might give some extra strength.
I did a similiar repair on the rear of this scoop for a broken off corner when I first started, and in the end you could not tell the repair was there except for the color difference. Did some "flexing" of the area after the repair to be sure that it would not break and it appeared to be as strong as any other part of the scoop.
Yeah Thanks.. no plans to paint any time soon ,but it will be painted a matching white when I find those " 5.0 h.o." decals to stick on it. i too have thought about sectioning the front into about four pieces, changing the angles and fiberglassing the bottom side. Either way something has got to changed or i'll crack the scoop in a least desirable place. Glad to get some ideas on getting started.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM

Try here for the decals. They are a bit expensive, but very high quality. And they look like a good reproduction of the factory decals if that is important to you. I have purchased the decals from them for my car and am very pleased.

Here is another place that is much less expensive, but I have not purchased from them so I do not know about their quality. I remember some negative comments about them on the boards here a while back, you might want to do a search here first before ordering from them.

If there are any vinyl sign shops in your area, they might also make the decals for you.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1989 Formula WS6
Engine: L03 305 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt; 3.42 Posi
Originally Posted by 1982TA
that is pretty sweet!! I was thinking of doing this a while back, but like someone else mentioned, there really wasn't a step by step write up. I have an '82 an I was thinking of doing this mod, I'll have to get a regular flat hood though. I always thought the wheel flares on the '88 Special Appearance Package Formula's and spoiler would look bad a$$ with the shaker hood mod, with the huge bird on the hood...definatley would look like a "retro" 3rd gen!
I have one of those rear spoilers, if anyone's interested. They are SUPER rare. I don't have the wheelwell spats, though. I, too was planning on using that spoiler and a shaker, but I'm going in a different direction.

Also, if you put the functional flaps on your shaker, use the vacuum-actuated method, with a solenoid. If you do, the flap will open comensurate with the amount of throttle you give it, rather than just open or shut. It's badass looking. You can also then make the car breathe solely through the shaker, making it a pure cold-air induction. You can get the solenoids from early 2ng gen Trans Ams, late 2nd gen Z28's, and 70-72 Chevelles with functional cowl induction. I used to ride with a buddy who had an '80 Z28 with functional cowl induction, and watching those flaps open and close was way cool.

Another thing I was also planning on was mounting a shift light inside the shaker. That way, it's right out in front of you, and hidden to everyone else.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Supreme Member

I know it's been a while but I was just wondering if there has been an update on this project! I'm curious to see how it turns out, maybe it will motivate me to try it as well
Old 01-30-2007, 04:11 PM

my shaker was finished back in Oct. ..Painted it white to match the car, but got no decals yet. Actually the whole set-up(everything) is for sale locally. The car will be sold with the original hood this spring. Was lots of fun while it was on there.. the shakin and carb suction that is..
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 PM

updated pic
Attached Thumbnails Doing the shaker assembly mod for real-p1010009.jpg  
Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Supreme Member

that's sweet...why are you selling it though?? Was it a difficult project? After reading your progress it made me want to try doing something similar. Also, how much are you selling it for?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM

The car will be sold. It's worth more with the original hood I figure. Was quite complicated doing a near perfect mod like that. I've got alot of time in it. It fits most factory Q-jets I think. Maybe some tbi's. Pm for more info if you like..
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Supreme Member

hey, I've really been thinking about trying this at some point in the future...the car is in storage right now, and I have to get all the parts before I start. I'll need to find a hood, since I have the "power bulge" hood right now.

As far as shakers go, I have an issue of High Performance Pontiac and it has a write up about the different shakers used over the years and how they are different. They are definatly not a "one year fit's all" type of application, and the 4.9 shaker you used is specific to the 301 engine as is the 5.0 305 shaker which will only fit the chevy 305 and chevy quadrajets.

You used the 4.9, but I was thinking maybe the 305 shaker might fit better. Granted I haven't looked into it, but the article said it was specific to the 305. Now I realize it wouldn't be a direct bolt in with a third gen, however the offset might be more inline with the hood opening. Again, just speculation, but since it was designed for a 305, rather than using the 4.9 shaker for a 301 their might be less fabrication. Finding one seems somewhat difficult however since the 305 was only offered in '80-'81 and not very many got that engine.

Also I was thinking about carbs. Are you using a quadrajet? I have a holley in mine right now, and It probably wont fit with the shaker will it?? I did find an aftermarket adapter for running taller intakes and keeping the shaker functional for 2nd gens. Would this be something to look into as it says holleys should fit with it?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Here is another place that is much less expensive, but I have not purchased from them so I do not know about their quality. I remember some negative comments about them on the boards here a while back, you might want to do a search here first before ordering from them.
Too bad the PONTIAC windshield banner, on that site, has incorrect font letters. Unlike the PONTIAC Racing decal towards the bottom of the page. It took me 6 months of trying to find the correct font, before I finally found it, but still have yet to make my windshield banner, and I can make them myself.

Last edited by Stephen; 02-06-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

For anybody wanting a shaker, there are 2 for sale here in central Texas.

Shaker scoops
Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Car: 89 1LE IROC Z28
Engine: 364 Ci Ls2
Transmission: Mn12 T56
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 9 Bolt With 3.70 Gears
Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Awesome job RICHRAD.. very cool..
Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Not mine, so I know nothing that isn't in the ad. I just thought somebody here might be looking for one.

craigslist ashaker assembly for sale
Old 03-18-2007, 11:46 AM

Car: Silver 1980 Corvette (L82 w/TPI)
Engine: L82
Transmission: TH350
If mine was carb'd vs FI, I'd look into this. I could always fake one in there, but it wouldn't REALLY be a shaker. I don't go for looks without function.
Technically, you could do it with EFI...

This may provide some inspiration- if you really like the shaker that much, you could use it with the above parts and use it to draw low pressure air at the rear of the shaker... much like cowl induction.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

Yeah, I've seen those, but they are like the first SS 4th gen style setups. What you end up with, pulling in cold air, looping it around under the hood, heating up the incoming air, negating the cold air effect. I know a side-by-side dyno test was done, independantly, and the CAI has a slight hp advantage of that style.

I've gotten the stuff to make my own, but haven't put it on yet. Now that warmer weather is here, I might actually do it now.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1982TA
hey, I've really been thinking about trying this at some point in the future...the car is in storage right now, and I have to get all the parts before I start. I'll need to find a hood, since I have the "power bulge" hood right now.

As far as shakers go, I have an issue of High Performance Pontiac and it has a write up about the different shakers used over the years and how they are different. They are definatly not a "one year fit's all" type of application, and the 4.9 shaker you used is specific to the 301 engine as is the 5.0 305 shaker which will only fit the chevy 305 and chevy quadrajets.

You used the 4.9, but I was thinking maybe the 305 shaker might fit better. Granted I haven't looked into it, but the article said it was specific to the 305. Now I realize it wouldn't be a direct bolt in with a third gen, however the offset might be more inline with the hood opening. Again, just speculation, but since it was designed for a 305, rather than using the 4.9 shaker for a 301 their might be less fabrication. Finding one seems somewhat difficult however since the 305 was only offered in '80-'81 and not very many got that engine.

Also I was thinking about carbs. Are you using a quadrajet? I have a holley in mine right now, and It probably wont fit with the shaker will it?? I did find an aftermarket adapter for running taller intakes and keeping the shaker functional for 2nd gens. Would this be something to look into as it says holleys should fit with it?
yes, I'm using the cc carb. The 4.9 2nd gen T/A shaker assembly clamps directly to my 1986 5.0 litre carb breather. a perfect fit. I engineered it all myself, coumpond angles, dimensions and offsets. No cutting and welding of the stack whatsoever. the aluminum spacer I machined made it work perfectly. Still for sale too if any local dudes are interested........
----------
Originally Posted by Black is Best
Awesome job RICHRAD.. very cool..
THANKS!

Last edited by RICHRAD; 03-18-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Too bad I didn't live closer...I'd definatly buy it
Old 03-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 GTA
Engine: 377ci
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: QP Ford 9" 3.70s
RichRad How much are you thinking about selling that for? I may be interested? I switched to a single plane FI set up and a shaker hood on my GTA would be pretty cool!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 PM

DAVECS1, I'm asking $400 for everything,K&N included. All of it is a direct fit for a ccq-jet on a stock intake manifold. would probably have to be altered for F.I. system..
Old 03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 GTA
Engine: 377ci
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: QP Ford 9" 3.70s
Re: Doing the shaker assembly mod for real

Thats a kicken deal! I hope your nt planning on getting rid of it soon. I have some thinking to do on this. My biggest hold back is the fact I have custom paint. Similar to the stock 91 fire red with a layer of maroon candie clear over the top. Not a very easy color to match, infact next to impossible.

My whole intake is custom I am sure fabbing something up to fit that shaker would be no problem. That is extremely nice work. i would be proud to have that on my car. I just am not a painter by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LS1383 in work
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen 3.73, 28-spline mosers

Well, to resurrect a story from the dead, sweet job on the hood man! I love it! Has anyone else gone on to attempt this in the last year or so?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Hello All;

I am going to install a working shaker hood scoop onto my
car, but need to know how many inches the shaker scoop
opening is from the front of the hood because I'll be cutting
the hood to install the scoop. Also, I'm going to install a
78 - 81 hood bird and wanted to find out how many inches
back this sits from the front edge of the hood and how many
inches back this sits from the shaker scoop opening??

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Nimmo
Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SDARM2
Hello All;

I am going to install a working shaker hood scoop onto my
car, but need to know how many inches the shaker scoop
opening is from the front of the hood because I'll be cutting
the hood to install the scoop. Also, I'm going to install a
78 - 81 hood bird and wanted to find out how many inches
back this sits from the front edge of the hood and how many
inches back this sits from the shaker scoop opening??

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Nimmo
I would put it on YOUR car, then measure where it fits ON YOUR CAR, to make it sits where YOUR intake puts it.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 PM

No easy answer for what you are asking. There are different shakers/air cleaners used on the TA's during those years depending on the engine in the car you got the shaker from. The best bet is to get the shaker mounted on your engine first, then you will most likely find that you will want to separate it from the air cleaner mount an move it back some as it will set too far forward, and may not even be centered. See what was done by RICHRAD at the beginning of the post, he did a really good write up on what is needed. Even if you have a measurement from one car, it may not end up exactly the same on yours with all of the variables. Cutting your hood before doing this most likely will end up being a big mistake.

Once you have the position correct, you will need to take some careful measurements from the front of the cowl (where the rear of your hood would be) to the rearmost portion of the scoop as it mounts on your car. Then transfer your measurements to your hood and start marking. Don't forget to account for your panel gap at the back of the hood. I would recommend doing these first steps on a piece of cardboard until you have an accurate fit. Then cut your hood once you are sure. Cardboard is cheap, hoods are not.

Also, it will be much easier if you have access to a hood from an earlier TA so that you can make an opening template by tracing the opening in the hood onto a piece of cardboard. Then you can cut that opening out and trace it to get the correct shape. Or you can make the same template by using your scoop and some trial and error.

As for adding the bird, get the scoop done first, then just fit the bird on however it looks best to you.

Good Luck.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:09 PM

Car: 1983 & 1993 camaro z28
Engine: 5.0 carbed/ LT1 injected
Transmission: T5/auto
Axle/Gears: 373/posi

Nice job its to bad it does'nt work out for a camaro to have one.I tryed it had the shaker scoop and all just does'nt fit anybody know the diffrence.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Car: 92 25th Anniversary RS
Engine: 305ci 5.0L V8

Originally Posted by r0nin89
Wonder how that would look on a camaro...

Very nice though!
i plan on doing a similar project on my camaro, but instead of using the entire assembly i would like to just cut the hole in the hood and mount the fiberglass top piece so i can still use my 14x3 open element air cleaner. what do you guys think?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 AM

Car: 85 transam
Engine: 76 chevy 350 carb
Transmission: t-5 3.23

this may have been asked already but is there a way to get this to fit the 305 engine. iv got an extra hood i get to butcher and see if it works
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 AM

Car: 92 25th Anniversary RS
Engine: 305ci 5.0L V8

the late 2nd gens (80, 81) had the shaker hoods on 305s

Quick Reply: Doing the shaker assembly mod for real