Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

Ideas on mounting a Weldon fuel pump.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro IROC Z
Engine: Buick 3.8 V6 turbo
Transmission: th400 with TB
Axle/Gears: Mosser 9" 3.50 9.44@146.7
Ideas on mounting a Weldon fuel pump.

Looking for some ideas or pics on were and how to mount this new Weldon 2025 pump and reg, before I start drilling holes in my car. I see alot of them in trunks but our car dose not have a wall between the rear seat and trunk so im sure its going under thr rear. But were? Please post any pics you can thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Ideas on mounting a Weldon fuel pump.

Originally Posted by 88ZNX
Looking for some ideas or pics on were and how to mount this new Weldon 2025 pump and reg, before I start drilling holes in my car. I see alot of them in trunks but our car dose not have a wall between the rear seat and trunk so im sure its going under thr rear. But were? Please post any pics you can thanks.
That's an inline pump? I would definitely look for space under the car. You don't want to run fuel lines through the passenger compartment. It's not like mounting it in a trunk where you can seal it off with a firewall (as you pointed out).

Sorry, I would be more specific, but I sold my camaro years ago and I don't have a solid memory of the underbody of the car back there. I'm pretty sure I remember the gas tank is at least partially over the rear axle. I think I would try to mount it as close as possible to where the original factory lines started running towards the front of the car.

Mathius
Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '82 Z-28
Engine: 355
Transmission: TH-400, 8" ATI MRT
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 4.56's
Re: Ideas on mounting a Weldon fuel pump.

Looking at a picture on the internet, it looks like that pump has to mount vertically?? If so, you might be able to mount it like i did my aeromotive a2000. I dont have any pics, so I'll try to explain. On the drivers side, if you remove the interior in the rear, you'll see there is a space between the outer part of the quarter panel and what appears to be the subframe rail. However, if you go under the car, you'll see its actually not the subframe rail, but a piece of the body/quarter panel. I had enough room to slide my a2000 between the subframe and that piece of the body. Drilled mounting holes, made a backing plate to go on the inside (the help keep the sheet metal from fatiguing) and bolted her up. Good thing is that you can't see it when looking at the back of the car.