FAQ Board This board is where some of the most informative and helpful Frequently Asked Questions we get here at ThirdGen.Org are put for easier reference. This IS NOT a general question board.

Interchangeable parts/accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird Formula 350
Engine: 5.7l
Transmission: 700r4 New Rebuilt 2011
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt
Interchangeable parts/accessories

Has anyone started or created a spreadsheet that will take each year and show interchangable parts/accessories for Camaro and firebird? I know not all parts can be done but the major parts can be.

I am not sure were to post this in the forums could someone please repost accordingly?

Also I could start something but would need a place to get people to input the information they have or got through experimenting.

Az Firebird
Bill
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM
T/A

Car: 1990 T/A w/WS6
Engine: 5.7L V8 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 w/ posi
Re: Interchangeable parts/accessories

Originally Posted by azfirebird
Has anyone started or created a spreadsheet that will take each year and show interchangable parts/accessories for Camaro and firebird? I know not all parts can be done but the major parts can be.

I am not sure were to post this in the forums could someone please repost accordingly?

Also I could start something but would need a place to get people to input the information they have or got through experimenting.

Az Firebird
Bill
I don't know of any such project but it sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind doing it for Firebirds If i had the time.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1989 TTA
Engine: 3.8L Turbo V6 - VIN 7
Transmission: 200R4

That would be a never ending project as there's so many parts that would carry over not only for the 10 years but between the F-bodies as well.

Best source for figuring this out are the GM Parts and Illustration catalogs .. that's what I use ... if you get the ones covering 1982 - 1992 for both the Firebird and the Camaro that is all you really need ... trying to create a spreadsheet with it all would be a nightmare (but useful in the end no doubt about that).

And many parts are commonly used on a number of GM vehicles before and after the 1982 - 1992 3rd Gens ... and all the part numbers changed more than once as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
T/A

Car: 1990 T/A w/WS6
Engine: 5.7L V8 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 w/ posi

Originally Posted by jlarsson
That would be a never ending project as there's so many parts that would carry over not only for the 10 years but between the F-bodies as well.

Best source for figuring this out are the GM Parts and Illustration catalogs .. that's what I use ... if you get the ones covering 1982 - 1992 for both the Firebird and the Camaro that is all you really need ... trying to create a spreadsheet with it all would be a nightmare (but useful in the end no doubt about that).

And many parts are commonly used on a number of GM vehicles before and after the 1982 - 1992 3rd Gens ... and all the part numbers changed more than once as well.
Yes, I think it wouldn't be a "For myself" sort of things rather, a "for the good of all" sorta thing, but yea, it would be hell.