History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Red 1987 IROC Convertible
Engine: 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: T5 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 9-Bolt 3.45
Re: If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)

Does anyone have a Players bin file from the ECU that they would be willing to share? I'm interested in seeing the timing advance table.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Re: If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)

Wait, if my car is actually an R7U its eligible to race, that sounds awesome.
so where would I have to go to find that info? any gm dealer? and what info would you need from me to find out who drove it, if it was actually raced,
even if its not im still very very happy with the car, it handles like its stuck to the road and the amount of power is incredible, its just a beautiful car overall,
she did come with a couple problems but that is where u guys could help me out, anyways if you have more on the players series feel free to share the wealth
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Hey Mark,

I just picked up a 91 1LE with the R7U code. I'm looking for any and all info I can get on the car....racing history (if any), interesting facts, "street value", clubs, etc. Any help, links, info would be appriciated. Vin 1G2FW23F0ML20***7
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-91-1le.jpg  

Last edited by okfoz; 09-13-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Removed part of VIN to avoid Identity theft
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro-1LE
Engine: TPI(s)
Transmission: 5 speed (MM5, MK6)
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.73

I've massed quite a collection, so I can certainly help out. You'll need to find out if your car was raced or if it was a spare. Check for signs of a role cage being installed ... or if your car still has original paint, then it was never raced.

Drop me an PM with your email.

Mark.

Originally Posted by koserv
Hey Mark,

I just picked up a 91 1LE with the R7U code. I'm looking for any and all info I can get on the car....racing history (if any), interesting facts, "street value", clubs, etc. Any help, links, info would be appriciated. Vin 1G2FW23F0ML201197
Old 08-24-2007, 11:19 PM

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the quick come-back. I suspect it was a spare. Looks like original paint and no obvious roll cage attach points. It does have what looks like decal fades on the back bumper so I was hoping it had a pedigree. I'll crawl under tomorrow and check for bolt holes. I do have the owner (registration) history so that may help. Like I say, any info you can provide as I figure out exactly what I have here will be a great help. As soon as I figure out how to get you a PM (newbee to the world of message boards) I'll forward contact info....

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Supreme Member

Got your emails and PM's. I'm sure I have info you'd find interesting. We can still order some of the decals your car may have had - at least the windsheild one is the best looking on a white car. Talk to you soon.

Mark.
http://www.playerschallengeseries.ca
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_ZZ3
We can still order some of the decals your car may have had - at least the windsheild one is the best looking on a white car. Talk to you soon.
I think I sent you an e-mail from vfbody about the exhaust set up on our players cars, havent gotten a reply, maybe it didnt go through? but yeah I'd be very interested in this info too, e-mail is R-tony-z@hotmail.com, hope to hear from you soon .

heres my vin if it helps at all, 1G1FP21F3KL15***1

thanx

Last edited by okfoz; 09-13-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Removed VIN to avoid Identity Theft
Old 09-04-2007, 02:13 AM

Car: '89 Camaro RS
Engine: none
Transmission: none
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 posi

I think this one is fake, it has t-tops.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/car/413240508.html
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 PM

i dont know alot about the players cars, but i dont know what u mean by a fake, it doesnt say its a players car and if you mean the 1LE, well you could get that without it being a players choice car
Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 AM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27
Received 163 Likes on 118 Posts
Car: 87 Formula T-Top, 87 Formula HT
Engine: 5.1L TPI, 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 700R4, M5
Axle/Gears: Sag 3.73, B&W 3.45

Also in Canada if you were a Owner or Driver for the Players series you could have gotten a 1LE with T-tops, AC the whole bit for driving on the road if you wish. I have seen one with a SPID sheet & all... I am not entirely sure how it worked but I know a few 1LE cars did come with Everything.

That particular car on Craigs List appears to be someones modification. Or it just has the Aluminum Driveshaft which is not that uncommon since it was also available w/o the 1LE.

John
Old 09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by okfoz
Also in Canada if you were a Owner or Driver for the Players series you could have gotten a 1LE with T-tops, AC the whole bit for driving on the road if you wish. I have seen one with a SPID sheet & all... I am not entirely sure how it worked but I know a few 1LE cars did come with Everything.

That particular car on Craigs List appears to be someones modification. Or it just has the Aluminum Driveshaft which is not that uncommon since it was also available w/o the 1LE.

John
Not sure about this. Certainly GM Execs could order unusual things, but there wasn't any published information about drivers being able to order stuff. Rather they were encouraged to drive their cars ON THE STREET. So no need to order an AC model. Actually prior to 1990, all cars had to be registered and licensed.

I've seen a T-top 1LE car locally here a while back. Rather odd. You'd have to trace it's history to see who ordered it or if it was a GM exec car.

Mark.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Engine: 360 .060 over TPI
Transmission: T-5

One way to verify is to contact GM Canada Vintage. You give them the VIN number and they will give you a package with all the optons etc. they verfied that mine was ordered as a Players car. is costs $45 CDN in 2004george.zapora@cc.gmcanada.com

Mine is 1988 IROC, A4U car. It does NOT have a 1LE code, no players would have had them until 1989. Hoever mine does ahve the PBR brakes all arond, NO A/C , 305 speed B/W 9 bolt differential etc.
there were 4,705 camaros IROC/Z28 midel number 1FP87 22DR- sport coupe imported into Canada that year, and 71 with A4U. Sold by Applewood chev. in Mississauga. and yes it was raced!!! ouch has scars and is still being raced.

steve
Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27

Originally Posted by Mark_ZZ3
Not sure about this. Certainly GM Execs could order unusual things, but there wasn't any published information about drivers being able to order stuff. Rather they were encouraged to drive their cars ON THE STREET. So no need to order an AC model. Actually prior to 1990, all cars had to be registered and licensed.

I've seen a T-top 1LE car locally here a while back. Rather odd. You'd have to trace it's history to see who ordered it or if it was a GM exec car.

Mark.
A few years ago one came up on ebay, he had the SPID sheet & everything with the 1LE, the A4U, CC1 & AC... I wish I would have saved the SPID sheet as it was really an unusual car...

John
Old 09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Supreme Member

A few years ago one came up on ebay, he had the SPID sheet & everything with the 1LE, the A4U, CC1 & AC... I wish I would have saved the SPID sheet as it was really an unusual car...

John
A4U was a player's only code. There isn't any chance it would have come with A/C, T-Tops, etc. Granted I have not documented each car, but I can almost account for all of the A4U cars in the series. In order for A4U to be processed (same as R7U), you had to be a registered driver with the series. Gm Motorsport had to approve the order. Consider the engines were specially built for the series too ... not that GM wanted to sell these to the public (higher cost to produce).

I expect 1LE + A/C + T-tops seems to be something that happened. I am very doubtful that a player's car would be that way ... but who knows, one may have been specially ordered. I could ask the GM engineer who worked on it and see if he remembers anything special being ordered.

Mark.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 AM

I should probably retract my statment, I am sure i am right but without any proof I am spinning my wheels like having the axel on jack stands.

I degress.

John
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM

were firebirds and camaros the only cars used?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

I should probably retract my statment, I am sure i am right but without any proof I am spinning my wheels like having the axel on jack stands.

I degress.

John
I think we have all been proven wrong or right ... GM did many one-offs. I don't discount the fact that there might be one. Seems finding a 1LE with no options is more uncommon than one with options.

Mark.

Last edited by Mark_ZZ3; 09-18-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded
were firebirds and camaros the only cars used?

The Canadian Player's series used Camaros and Firebirds only. There was also a Corvette challenge series which ran in the US - 89-90 range. Can't recall.

Mark.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Re: If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4Q, A4U, or R7U)

Mark; I just wanted to let you know that I have a 1991 Camaro 1LE,R7U. It has a 305 with 5 speed, exterior colour white, interior grey. I live in Nova Scotia. The car was raced, by whome I have no idea, but the strut towers are scribed in diferent areas, I,m guesing for quick alignment changes at different tracks. As well the car was equiped with a rollbar. If you have any idea how to go about getting the history of the car, your input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Re: If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4Q, A4U, or R7U)

Mark, Barry here again, I also noticed when I pulled the interior out of the car there were spots on the floor where the paint was scorched, I think from the exhaust. Is that possible?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Supreme Member

Hi Barry. I responded to your email.

Yes, on most race cars you will see scribe marks are the strut towers for different locations. Usually setup for a specific track.

The exhuast was routed pretty close under the car and in places where it was not designed for. So certainly it would have gotten hot. And often the side pipes got hammered up from road abuse, so one might have been sitting abit close.

It's a race car ... there will be many "unique" characteristics. :-) But look at it this way ... every dent and every misaligned body part has a story to tell.

Mark.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Hello All,

My name is Todd Nichol, and I raced in the Player's/GM Motorsport Series for 4 or 5 years. Over that time I bought a few new Trans Ams for the series (for some reason I kept wearing them out each season!), I still have the last car that I raced in the final season of the series. It hasn't turned a wheel since the last East/West shootout event in Quebec, and sits in my race shop still decalled in series livery, complete with cage, fire bottle, seat, rims, etc. My daughter thinks she'll get her hands on it some day!!

Although these days I get my racing fix from the Nascar Canadian Tire Series, as well as competing in the WEST Tour, I hope some day to find time to fire up the old Trans Am and maybe compete in a Vintage Event or two.

The Players/GM Series was a great series; it afforded many Canadian racers the opportunity to compete in a truly professional environment at some great venues like the Toronto and Vancouver Indy's, Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Mont Tremblant, and Mosport, just to name a few.

I believe Mark has some pictures and info that I've provided him; if anyone happens to get into Edmonton some day feel free to contact myself and I'll be happy to show you the car and shop.

Todd Nichol
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Supreme Member

Hi Todd. Glad you stopped buy. Great to hear from a driver/owner. Your car is one of a few survivors from the series. Great to hear it's still in "as-raced" condition. I can offer that the car looks great ... have few pics of it. The car still has the ultra rare brake cooling ducts as supplied from GM.

It's surprizing to think of Vintage racing, but the Player's cars now qualify for some series. Out east there is a Vintage class which is 20 years. Out West, the Champ car race had a vintage class this year. It will be fantastic to see a few Player's cars take up the class. I hope to have one of my cars ready to race ... just need to find an original Player's series driver to take it out (although I'd love to drive it).

Many thanks for the information you provided. Certainly helped bridge a few gaps. My information collection is now well over 2000 pages, pictures, tapes, etc. Now to get that book underway .. :-)

Mark.
PS. Cameron Hope also dropped in to say Hello a while back.
PS#2. I can post a pict of your car here if your OK with it.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Supreme Member

(cross posting this here)

I am very happy to be able to provide some pictures of some ultra rare GM race only f-body parts. Below are pictures of a racing exhaust system built for the 87-92 Player's Challenge series races in Canada. This exhaust system was available over the parts counter to racing teams and was required to be installed on the race cars.

The system is "bolt on" in the sense it replaces the main crossover (notice the lack of the dual cat N10 setup). The side pipes install in place under the door sill area and exit just infront of the rear wheels.

The chrome extensions are 1970 Chevelle SS parts that have tabs welded on the inside with threaded holes to allow for an aluminum cap to be put on. The design allowed for driving the car to the track with closed exhaust, and then upcap the exhaust for the race.

While the HP gain was minimal, the exhaust was really for the fans. In 1986, they had only a passenger side exit. By 87, then added the driver's side for true exhaust so they could assault the fans on both sides of the track.

This exhaust system is BRAND NEW, NEVER INSTALLED. Still has the tags and part numbers intact. It was an unbelievable find and a part of history. I'll be blueprinting the setup and taking better pictures as time permits.

I could not wait to post up some picts. Early Christmas!

Enjoy.

Mark.

Here are the pipes unassembled. 3 parts made up the package.

Here they are loosely assembled.

Here is a close up of the side pipe. There are some strange bends to get out and under the door.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Supreme Member

* Web site update *

I've added a bunch of magazine articles to the Player's web site. They provide a good summary and history.

http://www.playerschallengeseries.ca/Mag_articles.htm
Old 11-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Hi Mark,

OK to post pictures.

Thx,

Todd
Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Car: 86 T/A
Engine: L69 305HO
Transmission: T5

Hi I bought my 1986 Pontias Trans-am this past september here is the VI

1G2FW87GXGN******

It still is aparent that the car once had a rollcage in it and it shows that it as been repainted. I really like the car, it's very surprising how well it perform for a car this old! I am the proud third owner.

Last edited by 86hardtopT/A; 11-19-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 AM

you have a 1 of 26 car there... cool car, do you still have the SPID (in the glovebox with the RPO's) sheet???

JOhn
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Engine: 360 .060 over TPI
Transmission: T-5

MArk, that is the exact setup that is on Ron Fellows car at the Cdn motorsports hall of fame.

Steve
PS I sold my Players car yesterday. it will be in vintage soon
Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86hardtopT/A
Hi I bought my 1986 Pontias Trans-am this past september here is the VI

1G2FW87GXGN******

It still is aparent that the car once had a rollcage in it and it shows that it as been repainted. I really like the car, it's very surprising how well it perform for a car this old! I am the proud third owner.
Very cool ... 1986 L69 Trans Am ... very rare stuff.
----------
Originally Posted by player 88
MArk, that is the exact setup that is on Ron Fellows car at the Cdn motorsports hall of fame.

Steve
PS I sold my Players car yesterday. it will be in vintage soon
Good to hear it will be making it's way into vintage. If that fellow needs decals, drop me a note. One of the original two manufacturers still makes them! May as well look the part while racing vintage.

Mark.

Last edited by Mark_ZZ3; 11-19-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-15-2008, 12:31 AM

Car: 86 T/A
Engine: L69 305HO
Transmission: T5

I dont know about the documentation and cant look for it now as the car is in storage for the winter.

I was wondering about a something. The valve covers on my car have the same Gm motor sport logo that is on top of the first page of this thread. Are those players challenge only parts? Because I could get some nice one for free, but if mine are some what rare I will keep them...
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86hardtopT/A
I dont know about the documentation and cant look for it now as the car is in storage for the winter.

I was wondering about a something. The valve covers on my car have the same Gm motor sport logo that is on top of the first page of this thread. Are those players challenge only parts? Because I could get some nice one for free, but if mine are some what rare I will keep them...
I've not been able to document a 1986 car in detail, however I understand the "Race" engines had a decal on the valve covers with "St Catherine's" on it (where the engine was built). In 1986, the Player's logo would have been the checkered flag version, not the one at the start of the thread. send me a few pics and I can help verify the date of the decal.

Mark.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM

Car: 86z28Hotckiss suspension 1LE Brakes
Engine: 355sbc
Transmission: t5 5speed
Axle/Gears: 373

hey guys i just got this car last year and started looking at it. it has a rolecage 1LE brakes T-5, factory 1LE PBR brakes all around, Koni yellosw, BIG sway bars,5pont harnes ect ect
vin 1g1fp87h8gn10***5
any feedback whould be good
Old 02-15-2008, 07:30 PM

Car: 11 F350 CC DRW Dsl

Check the RPO codes inside the storage locker drivers side at the rear.

Look for 1LE or R7U in the list
Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Supreme Member

If the car is a 1986, then the Player's code is A4Q. Check your RPO's. If they are missing, go to your local dealer parts counter with your VIN and have them check it.

1986 was not the year for PBR brakes, but it could be an ex-race car that was upgrade in later years.

The 1986 cars I have documented have VIN's in the range of 168XXX.

Mark.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 AM

Also it has the LG4 which I would think strange to have the rest of the equipement on his list from the factory.

John
Old 03-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 90 IROC 5.7 hardtop
Engine: L98
Transmission: T5 swap
Axle/Gears: Yup -- they still work

Interesting thread guys. I went a couple of laps in a players car wayyyy back when.

You know I have some pics of Shannonville I think summer '88 with about 50 or so f-bodies racing. They were setup like players cars but obviously could not all be R7U cars -- they did not make that many of them.

is anyone interested in copies?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:08 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: 1988 IROC-Z Convertible
Engine: 408 Stroker Turbo, TPIS Mini Ram
Transmission: Magnum t-56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 3.55

VERY INTERESTED
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by palric
Interesting thread guys. I went a couple of laps in a players car wayyyy back when.

You know I have some pics of Shannonville I think summer '88 with about 50 or so f-bodies racing. They were setup like players cars but obviously could not all be R7U cars -- they did not make that many of them.

is anyone interested in copies?
Most likely these were the 88 versions, RPO A4U. Chances are you have pics of my 1988 TA at Shannonville! I'll host pics for you on my page if you can scan them.

Mark.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Car: 91' Z28 1LE R7U
Engine: 350 ZZ6
Transmission: 6 Speed T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: 3:42 posi G80/GU6

Heres my 91'! The RPO's from my center console are as follows. (The ones for the goodies anyways.) 1LE/R7U/GU6/G80/G92/JG1/J65/D81/LB9/FE2/MM5/MK6/QLC/81U. It was repainted red when I bought it back in 94'. I found evidence of green paint underneath? The aerowing was replaced with a Trans am wing also. Found evidence of the rollcage behind rear seat. It had 22741km when I bought it and I just turned 165000 on it. The motor also has the yellow sealant spots on the valvecovers to prevent mods at the races. Serial # 1G1FP23F3ML103***
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-redzed.jpg  
Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alaska Hwy 1Le
Heres my 91'! The RPO's from my center console are as follows. (The ones for the goodies anyways.) 1LE/R7U/GU6/G80/G92/JG1/J65/D81/LB9/FE2/MM5/MK6/QLC/81U. It was repainted red when I bought it back in 94'. I found evidence of green paint underneath? The aerowing was replaced with a Trans am wing also. Found evidence of the rollcage behind rear seat. It had 22741km when I bought it and I just turned 165000 on it. The motor also has the yellow sealant spots on the valvecovers to prevent mods at the races. Serial # 1G1FP23F3ML103***
I'll go outside and take some pics of the RPO sheet and the motor. Do you know where I could get a new 3:42 rear end for it? The seal blew out a few years ago about 40km outside of Ft Nelson I had to drive it home at 20 km/h because there was no towtrucks available and if i let it sit on the hwy,the locals would have torched it.(Almost all cars that break down on the alaska hwy get torched within a day.) anyways I've been calling all over north America trying to get the 28spline 30&5/16th inch long halfshafts and am having 0 luck. I'm able to get all the bearings and seals for it but not those 1/2shafts. The gears themselves look alright but maybe if you know of a whole diff/axle I could get. BTW mine has the N10 code but it's 2 into 1 into 2 and I can see where that juicy side exhaust (pictured in this thread was attached.) stay tuned for more pics.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Alaska Hwy 1Le
I'll go outside and take some pics of the RPO sheet and the motor. Do you know where I could get a new 3:42 rear end for it? The seal blew out a few years ago about 40km outside of Ft Nelson I had to drive it home at 20 km/h because there was no towtrucks available and if i let it sit on the hwy,the locals would have torched it.(Almost all cars that break down on the alaska hwy get torched within a day.) anyways I've been calling all over north America trying to get the 28spline 30&5/16th inch long halfshafts and am having 0 luck. I'm able to get all the bearings and seals for it but not those 1/2shafts. The gears themselves look alright but maybe if you know of a whole diff/axle I could get. BTW mine has the N10 code but it's 2 into 1 into 2 and I can see where that juicy side exhaust (pictured in this thread was attached.) stay tuned for more pics.
Here is a pic of where the side exhaust was tied in sorry my other pics were over 1.0mb, I'll try again tmrw. Would you be able to tell me how to find out who drove it in the races back in the day? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5070011.jpg  
Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 AM
TGO Supporter

wicked car! do u know any details of the race history? check out fbodycanada.com we r starting to collect/share lotrs of R7U info!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 AM

Thanks IROCNParts. Ive always loved Gen3 Z28s. My dad got a brand new white 86' Iroc back when I was 15 and I knew I had to get my own one day. I bought this one in Sylvan Lake Alberta in Sept of 94'. I've finally ordered the proper Aerowing (RPOD81) for it as the old Trans Am wing is starting to decompose. It's got Rear end problems as I described and I'm waiting for a distributor to get me a Superior EV104 axle set for it. It runs great and the Interior is all black & mint. Incidently I put new PBR calipers on the front and they only cost $105each rebuilt somewhere out of Vancouver. Sorry I don't know the race history for it but am hoping someone on here could help me figure it out. I will definately check out your website!!
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-gsxrz28.jpg  
Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Hey congrats on your car man ! I would have loved a red Iroc but im in love with my white one, thanks for the compliments and concern about the serial number, maybe one of the mods can change it for me,

Anyways I did my research with GM vintage and as it turns out my car was the number 9 car during the 1989 season and was driven by Trevor Seibert , he came in second place during the championship right behind Frank Allers, I think he also won Rookie of the year with my car, Anyways nice to be back in my camaro for the summer, time to get some restoration done

Good luck with the tranny issues, I know mine had some problems before so the previous owner had it rebuilt with 3.73 gears, which are going to cost me a ton with gas prices this summer

Tony.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM

When I got it back in 94' I was actually looking for a White one! My dad's 86' was white. The red as grown on me though. Thats cool GM vintage can tell you the history! Is there a phone # or did you do it over the net? Both those names sound familiar as I used to watch the series back in the day. I heard gas will hit $2.00/ltr by sept, it's crazy. Up here in Fort Nelson BC, regular is $139.9 . Actually the old Camaro is pretty good on gas (Especially Highway)compared to my truck as long as I drive it like a grandma. LoL

Regards
Allan
Allan
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 PM

Here is some more pics I just took.
RPO sheet
Rear rollbar mount
Interior (No airbag)
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090026.jpg   If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090028.jpg   If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090030.jpg  
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Here is a few more
1. Original GM motorsport sticker
2. Yellow factory seal
3. PBR brakes
Attached Thumbnails If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090032.jpg   If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090033.jpg   If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here.  (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)-p5090034.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Just called GM Vintage this morning and I will have my info pkg within 2 weeks. $55 is the cost in case anyone was wondering.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 AM
TGO Supporter

hey cool! I remember ordering my info a couple years ago! add some pics when you get it! Congrats on a great car!

Quick Reply: If you have a Players Challenge Car, please post here. (RPO- A4U, 1LE or R7U)