Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Dash Lights Out

Old 02-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Lights Out

Before i forget, i have an 86 firebird, 2.8L V6

Last week we removed my steering wheel and fixed the connection for the horn....Right after that the dash lights went out. For a while now, my driver side running light has been wonky and the turn signal goes suuuper slow when it's on. Now the running light doesn't work at all and the turn signal is painful to watch. My boyfriend hit the top of the light and it came on after 3 hits....now dead again. Turn signal works just fine when the light is off.

Suggestions? The dash lights is my main concern right now. I'm assuming bad wiring somewhere, but I'd like to hear from others before i spend the next two days looking for the problem.

All fuses checked and are good.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: 5.7 Vortec w/ factory TPI
Transmission: WC T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 Posi
Re: Dash Lights Out

Had sort of the same issue with an '88 GTA I had some years back. The fix to mine was the headlight and dimmer switch. Replaced them both and my dash lights worked again and my park lamps both worked at the same time instead of alternating.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dash Lights Out

Did you bt any chance blow out a head light in the process? We replaced my old ones a few days later and the passenger head light AND my dome light blew out....all fuses are fine.

Search this Thread