LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Help identifying harness/sensors

Old 02-14-2017, 11:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Help identifying harness/sensors

What harness is this and sensors? Comes out underneath steering shaft, tightly wrapped, extending to front. Also has relay on end. Other sensor is a two prong female type that may plug into something on my c100. Looks like that's the VSS.

Last edited by indebt; 02-15-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Help identifying harness/sensors

The wide gray plug went to the cruise control servo. The relay is for the fog lights. The small two prong ties into the headlight harness. Unless it was a 6cyl originally, in which case there's a two wire plug to the pressure sensor in the power steering pressure hose.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: V6, 2.8L Fuel Injected
Transmission: Manual, stock

Originally Posted by Drew
The wide gray plug went to the cruise control servo. The relay is for the fog lights. The small two prong ties into the headlight harness. Unless it was a 6cyl originally, in which case there's a two wire plug to the pressure sensor in the power steering pressure hose.
Thank you, this helped me as well!!!
Old 02-15-2017, 04:26 PM

Thanks!!! No 6cyl. Yeah I though it plugged into something on the headlight harness but wasn't for sure. Looks like it's tied into my green wires on headlights. Light green is high beams and brake lights., so guess it's brake lights??

Last edited by indebt; 02-15-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

The green and brown wires are the power/ground wires to the coil in the fog light relay. The matching plug should be in the headlight harness coming off C100. Normally they splice in to the marker lights and the high beams so the fogs cooperate with the parking, head, and high beam lights.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:37 PM

The green and brown wires are the power/ground wires to the coil in the fog light relay. The matching plug should be in the headlight harness coming off C100. Normally they splice in to the marker lights and the high beams so the fogs cooperate with the parking, head, and high beam lights.
Great, thanks!!! Not gonna have fog lights cause of the intercooler so another thing I can remove. Just trying to make all the wiring look good and hidden.

Search this Thread