Miscellaneous Third Gen Items! Brochures, models, prom burning stuff....post that here. This is a Classifieds board, NOT a Miscellaneous discussion board. All non-Classified postings will be removed on sight and without notice.

Glutt'n for punishment, but interested in feedback

Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Black and Gold Trans Am
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: T5 Borg Warner Manual 5-speed
Axle/Gears: 3.08
Glutt'n for punishment, but interested in feedback

I love my 3rd gen Trans Am!! But I like the 77-78 TA's too. (just not quite as much.) But I have a 78 chassis/body with many parts and like a fool, I think I am gonna begin working on this one too. It will likely be a 3-5 year project and I am still kind of formulating in my mind where I want to go with it. I do know that I want it to look stock on the outside, but I am considering whether or not I want to keep it stock under the hood or not. I really like the heart and soul of the 3rd gens with that tpi motor. I was thinking about putting one in this second gen. I like the dependibility of fuel injection and not having to re-tune something everytime the weather changes. Of course, I am well aware of the wiring mess and gauges etc that would have to be put in as well. I am wondering if anyone has done this (I am sure somewhere someone has done just about everything) or am I just stupid for even considering it. It would be easier just to put a carburated 400 in the thing and be done with it, but I just can't help but entertain the thought of a 350 tpi. I am sort of thinking since I have gotten familiar with the systems in my 85 ta (tpi engine) it would be easier to work on. Any thoughts out there on the subject? Go ahead, lay it on me. I know this is probably not a wise thing to think about doing, but that is why I am putting it out here on the forum. Are the headaches worth it? I saw a build where a guy grafted in a gen 4 subframe, firewall, and ls motor and tranny. It was impressive!!! But I don't want to go that far. Any thoughts on the subject?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1990 camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Re: Glutt'n for punishment, but interested in feedback

go to NastyZ28.com Second gen site more toward camaros but would be basically the same, a few diff ways people have done it on there into camaros