Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 formula
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: t5
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Help

Hey everyone I know this is not a thirdgen but yesterday I got caught up looking at a turbo fiero with 108k, the guy who bought it got it at an auction and does not know what the guy before him had all done. I drove it and I do not know whats wrong with it. At idle until the turbo spoils the thing studders and just does not run right. Then the turbo hits and its freakishly fast! After driving it a few minutes it started to studder and even backfire when I spoiled it. I know it sat a little but is this something that would be a problem if they did not tune it instead just boost the fuel pressure a bunch running super rich at the beginning then the turbo catches up? and why would after it warmed up start backfiring on boost other then the fuel doesnt keep up? I would not be supprised if some plugs were shot as well. I can probably talk the guy down to 1k and the thrill that car gave would be worth it and if it were to just be a tune, that would not be bad!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM

Car: 89 Iroc
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: T5
Re: Help

Specifics on what engine, etc?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Car: 1987 formula
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: t5