Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments Let us know if you're having any problems with the site or board software. Post any ideas you might have for ThirdGen.Org here.

Where did the sales media and magazine articles go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.
Where did the sales media and magazine articles go?

In the recent update the of the home page the Magazine and Sales media disappeared. This was one of the nice things about TGO in that it held the history of the thirdgen for people to read. There were also many tech articles. as well which are now inaccessible.

A great deal of technical data for each year of Thirdgen has now been omitted and I can't see any link to the pages on the front page any longer. This included production numbers and options by year.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Where did the sales media and magazine articles go?

There are a few misc issues that I'm working through. There are some formatting issues to address along with needing to creating the menus. I had transferred all the articles and they're still accessible using the same links as previous.

They will be fully restored.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Camaro w/T Tops
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Borg-Warner 5 spd
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by JT
There are a few misc issues that I'm working through. There are some formatting issues to address along with needing to creating the menus. I had transferred all the articles and they're still accessible using the same links as previous.

They will be fully restored.
On the original home page, there were links to pictures of Camaros and Firebirds on a year by year basis. Is there a way to view these pictures now? I am getting some ideas for repainting my '88. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

I don't know if that "pictures" section on the homepage for each year will return. At the time it probably served a purpose but I don't think it does any longer or atleast not very well. The pictures there were picked by some of us to showcase some of the best ThirdGens. It hadn't been updated for years because there was no easy way to manage it. So the scalability along with the fact only us picked the pictures is an issue I see that can't be easily resolved.

Today, we have the Garage where members can showcase their vehicles, we have Albums where members can showcase their vehicles, we have separate Camaro and Firebird forums in the Appearance and Detailing forum where members can showcase their vehicles.

All of those mentioned will give members a much better variety of browsing pictures that the gallery on the homepage could not do. Going forward there will probably be increased ways, such as through tagging features.

Originally Posted by larry88ttops
On the original home page, there were links to pictures of Camaros and Firebirds on a year by year basis. Is there a way to view these pictures now? I am getting some ideas for repainting my '88. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 160 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LT1, AFR 195cc, 231/239 LE cam.
Transmission: M28 T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10bolt waiting to explode.

Old thread, I know. But since the links haven't appeared back on the front page, they are still available if you use the WayBack Web machine to get the old URL.

Or you can just use this URL.

https://www.thirdgen.org/media-oldsales/