South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

any mississippi peeps

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Z/28 clone
Engine: 383 carbed
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
any mississippi peeps

i'm from meridian,ms..........anyone else from this state out there.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 91 R/S , 89 dodge p/u
Engine: L31 GM crate re-cammed , 318
Transmission: T-5 , 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42 , ?
Re: any mississippi peeps

well i am in hurley , not many 3rd. gens in this area . everyone here is into p/u trucks . i do have a p/u myself but my 89rs is my daily driver and baby .
305 tbi , t-5 , mild mods . seems like mississippi is the ulgy red headed step child of the thirdgen.org . lets see more mississippi people speak up and post more . come on guys !!! lets hear from you .

UNCLE TOM
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM

Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Ive been looking for some MS thirdgens. I live on the coast, there is a good bit of 3rd gens here. Id love to put something together and get a gathering around here. Cruisin the Coast would be a perfect time to do it.

What you think?
Old 05-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 IROC Z
Engine: 5.7 L98 TPI
Transmission: 700r4,2500 stall
Axle/Gears: G80,10 bolt 3.42's

I just moved to Vicksburg,MS from Brandon,ms.Lived around Jackson my whole life.You`re right there arent many of us around here that are really into fixin up a good third gen.I see a bunch around but most people drive mustangs,trucks or imports.I think I`ve spoken to some supporter/moderator who was from here in vicksburg but I cant seem to find him now.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:36 AM

Car: Looking

pearl, ms here, but done have a 3rd gen anymore but ive been working on either selling or trading my 69 chevy c-10 for another one, just cant find any worth getting around here.....dont want a v6 and dont want an rs, so as far as around here that annihilates all options
Old 05-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Supreme Member

Man,I`ve seen many for sale in pearl alone in the last few years.Right on hwy 80.I`ve seen formulas and Irocs right there around the old sack and save.Even If it is an RS or an older tbi Z28 you can always mod it or swap in a better engine.I`ve had three third gens and lived there all my life,and they all had atleast a 305 tpi.On state street there is Horace slay and he`s always got some sweet classic and older V-8 muscle cars although they are very expensive for what I`ve seen.Good luck Finding another one.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70

im up here in Marshall co, just a short trip south of the TN/MS state line.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by theCure
pearl, ms here, but done have a 3rd gen anymore but ive been working on either selling or trading my 69 chevy c-10 for another one, just cant find any worth getting around here.....dont want a v6 and dont want an rs, so as far as around here that annihilates all options
Ive seen a few 4 sale here on the coast recently. Ill look you up and get you some numbers if your serious about buying one again.

So would everyone be interested in have a get together over the summer? There are tons of car shows on the coast every summer. We could get together and have a 3rd gen one. Maybe well get some more members of the bunch of 3rd gens Ive seen on the coast.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Supreme Member

count me in , would like a get together . good place to exchange ideas , tips , and just plain fun . hope i can get new paint and so on before hand . if not i will still be there . navyCM has a great idea , [ did i say that ? an old ret. A.F. MSGT. like me ? ] just a joke , i think its a great idea . hope others think so also . set a date and place [ week end and day time would get the best turn out IMO ] , lets see what happens ? any one else ? lets get rolling !!! GITERDONE

uncle tom
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Supreme Member

Sounds great to me.It`s a little far for some of us but about as close to a third gen get-together as there has been that I know of.My wife likes to travel and her dad ownes a house in gulf shores ,AL.Could be a good reason to get away for a few days.Lets try to work out some time and place and I`ll do my best to get down there,maybe hit a track or something and have some fun.I could use some fresh paint myself but it aint gonna happen for atleast a year.(gotta pay off the new engine and stuff before I do anything else expensive.)So I`ll rock my 20 year old faded paint job down there
Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 PM

yeh the few ive seen are way out of my price range.....the last one i saw at horace slay was a 92 z28 convertible with like 20k miles and hes asking $21,000 for it and there was that purple 92 z28 350tpi hardtop close to sack and save, but he was asking $7500, still out of my price range at the moment, but im working on it....my problem is im to picky, not wanting to buy something to swap a motor or anything i either want a 87-90 iroc hardtop 350tpi or conv 305tpi w/ 5-speed or a the same on a 91-92 z28....ive basically been dumping money into my 69 to get it as close to $8-$10,000 as i can so i can sell it and get what i want or luck up and find somebody with what i want and will trade.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Supreme Member

We ought to be able to come up with some more people along the way.I`ve seen a guy here in Vicksburg with what looks like an 88 Iroc identical to mine except its a hard top and it is in MINT CONDITION.I know a guy in Clinton who had a white 87 convertible in mint condition and he wanted 11,000 for it with like 30,000 miles on it.I`ve seen a few more in really good shape around,a couple red Irocs like mine.I`m going to try and flag em down if I see them again.If you spend the money on a decent f body like some of these guys and you drive it around you`ve got to enjoy it and take a little pride in it,and want to show it off and hang around with some other guys that are into the same stuff.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Im up for any time frame in June and July. First week in Aug. would be good but after that Im heading home to see some family.

Lets bounce some dates and times around and see who all can make it and when. Id say in July since that will give us time to save cash and get more of the thirdgens around our areas to come also. Id like to get at least 15 to 20 to have a good showing.

Im gonig to ask arouond here when I see people w/ 3rd gens and see if they'd been interested.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70

eh, i might be in on this pending how far south it is and actually when.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro Z28
Engine: 5.3L
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42LSD

Hey guys I'm from monticello, MS. Currently living in Hattiesburg, MS. Going to school at MSU. I am currently in the swap process. I bought my car as a rolling chassis. It was a carbed car. I converted it to tpi last year. Then about 500 miles after I built this car as a tpi, I shattered a rod. That was back in January. I'm just now starting to work on it again. I'm in the process of putting a 5.3L lq4 in it. Everything I had in it is for sale. Check out my post in the parts for sale forum. Lots of good parts with only 500 miles on them. Maybe by july I'll have mine up and running and I can drive it down to the meet.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:37 PM

1987earthquake you have a PM.

I think the coast would best simply b/c of the beach and lots of car shows around here in the summer on wekends. Plus the drag strip here we could do gathering there.

Id love to have this set for every summer so we can all see how our cars are coming along w/ ideas we have for them.

Throw out some ideas on where to have this and we'll all agree on where it should be held at and when.

Lets get this thing going.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Supreme Member

count me in . set a date , and place . everything sounds great so far . even if its a small turn out , its a start . maybe we can get more third gens interested . anybody have enough talent to design a flyer that we all could put out at local parts stores and shops ? just an idea , any comments ? i am looking forward to this . GITERDONE !!

uncle tom
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM

hey shadygrady do you know of any camaros or t/a for sale around your area at the moment, got a call from my insurance today and my 95 caddy got totalled out so im getting $3500 after the deductible and everything else is taken out so im on the hunt hard now.....can come up with a little extra for the right car if you know of any around

Originally Posted by Shadygrady
We ought to be able to come up with some more people along the way.I`ve seen a guy here in Vicksburg with what looks like an 88 Iroc identical to mine except its a hard top and it is in MINT CONDITION.I know a guy in Clinton who had a white 87 convertible in mint condition and he wanted 11,000 for it with like 30,000 miles on it.I`ve seen a few more in really good shape around,a couple red Irocs like mine.I`m going to try and flag em down if I see them again.If you spend the money on a decent f body like some of these guys and you drive it around you`ve got to enjoy it and take a little pride in it,and want to show it off and hang around with some other guys that are into the same stuff.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:34 PM

I thought of making up a flyer to post. Ill probably do one up and if you all give me an address Ill mail them out. So you can make copies and post them locally. Ill need to know when and where. So lets here some ideas.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Supreme Member

I thought of making up a flyer to post. Ill probably do one up and if you all give me an address Ill mail them out. So you can make copies and post them locally. Ill need to know when and where. So lets here some ideas.
I think the coast would be a good idea because of the reasons navycm gave and I`m game for that.We also could have them in a more cenral area at different times or move them around to make it easier for everyone to get to.Weekends would be best for me and I would imagine most other people.The only day I`m sure to have off is on a sunday or some holidays but family may cause a problem on some of those days.Start throwing out some dates like 4th of july weekend or whenever and we can all check if we can do it.If anybody is game for the central Mississippi area at any time there are several tracks around here one inparticular is strictly run what you brung.I mean they`ll let you run a tri-cycle if you want to(kidding).It`s in the sticks but its a lot of fun and you dont have to stop t&t to let the big dogs race everybody just takes a turn.I`ts an 1/8th mile with pro tree and time slips and the whole nine yards.Pretty impressive for some old country boy to build in the woods just so his buddies would have a safe place to race over by port gibson,ms.Just an idea for the future.
hey shadygrady do you know of any camaros or t/a for sale around your area at the moment, got a call from my insurance today and my 95 caddy got totalled out so im getting $3500 after the deductible and everything else is taken out so im on the hunt hard now.....can come up with a little extra for the right car if you know of any around
Not at the moment but I`ll keep my eyes open.I was just through pearl tonight takeing my son and niece to see shrek 3 but it was too dark to see what they had at any of those car lots I passed.I`m sure you know there is often a few of them in the papper over there.We`ll have to get together some time maybe go look for some,you got any kids?And yes,I was thinking about what you wrote when I drove through there and was actually looking but I saw no thirdgens but I did just drive buy`em.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 AM

yeh the only camaro i saw for sale was a polo green 92 rs across from larrys auto, which i would more than consider it if it was t-top and 5-speed,since i used to have one just like that, but a hardtop car with just a 305/auto doesnt get me very excited and theyre asking $3900 for it and he told me it needs some tlc, but couldnt tell me what kind of tlc it needs and found a 94 trans am 6-speed in brandon, but its got some rips and tears in the leather and stress cracks in the front and some awful 17" rims with tires that look like they belong on a bicycle guess i'll keep on searching....i can always go outta state if i find one i guess a little cheaper than what i can afford to have gas money to get there. and yup i got kids too.....a 4 y/o, a 2 y/o and one due june 1st and ALL girls and still havent figured out what causes that haha, but luckily got a great wifey to go along with it
Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Supreme Member

Hey cure,where do you live,Jackson or pearl?My son is twelve but I gotta niece thats 5 I spend alot of time with over there.If you`re up to it maybe we could get together one weekend and look for some imports to play with or go look for some third gens.I saw an 85 or so z28 today sitting in v-burg but I didnt have time to see if it was 5 speed or what.Idont think it was an Iroc though so it`s TBI which stock = boreing to me but they can be made alot of fun with a 5 speed.It wasnt top notch,needed paint but the body was straight from what I could see.I`ll stop and take a look at it asap.It looked about like a $1500 to $2000 car.But I know you said you were picky.Anybody else thought of times,dates and places?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM

Car: 83 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 10 bolt 3:42 POSI

I am here in Gulfport, with an 83. Hopefully it will be road worthy by the time you get this club going. I see a lot of third gens here but no clubs.
My email is Cooter26@hotmail and navyCM im also a Bee.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Supreme Member

cool,one more.How many does that make?Anybody thought about anymore dates or times?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Supreme Member

come on someone !!! set a place , date , and time . i am retired and single so most anything is good for me . would also be a good time to swap or sell extra parts we all have . i know i have an edelbrock s.t.b. that i do not need anymore . come on guys and girls lets get this going . GITERDONE !!!!

UNCLE TOM
Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90

Hey all, i'm in the Jackson area, it would be cool to get together with some other thirdgens around here...!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:06 PM

I hope that people have not lost interested. Seems like there are only a few of us replying here. Let give it till the weekend and see what we got. Ill be up for it if its just a few people.

That way if we do it others will see that it got done and may have more interest in the futher.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Supreme Member

I`m still interested.Right now my only free day is sunday for the next couple of weeks.If it`s another day I`ll do my best to get off.Hey dragroc where do you live?Got a pic of your Iroc.Wonder if I`ve seen it around,it sounds tough with your mods.

Last edited by Shadygrady; 05-29-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 PM

Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90

Hey dragroc where do you live?Got a pic of your Iroc.Wonder if I`ve seen it around,it sounds tough with your mods.
I'm in the Jackson area, I doubt you have seen my car lately cause I just got it running again after two years of sitting a few months ago...currently fixing bugs and what-not but the car is a beast for sure. I lost a TON of pictures of it when I switched to a new comp, but here's one of it sitting under the tree waiting for me to finish a while back, dirty...
Attached Thumbnails any mississippi peeps-img_0027.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Supreme Member

Oh,ok.I was just wondering.I grew up in clinton and lived in brandon up until last july.Lived around jackson all my life,thought I might had seen it around.Got my car up and running in december after over a year of sitting and working on it and haveing work done on it.Took 2 months of working out bugs and odds and ends crap.It was so frustrating.Good luck to ya.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:13 AM

Well if we step something up for July itll give people time to figure out how they'll get there. I dont see alot of interest in this anymore other than the hand full of us who are still talking about it.

Post up who will definetly show and we'll get a count going.

1. navycm
2. UNCLE TOM
3. 1987earthquake
4. theCure
5. ShadyGrady

Last edited by navyCM; 05-31-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:17 AM

I'll meet up. Only thing is I don't have my camaro running at the time. The engine and trans is parted out. I'm selling everthing. I'm going back with a 5.3/4L60E. I'll meet on weekends. I work mon-fri. Hey Kenneth you still interested in coming up to check out the parts I have? If so let me know. I know you were saying mon or tue...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:08 PM

Looks like we got 3 for sure. We need to figure some dates & a place out. July wouold probably be best so everyone has time to arrange there lives. I dont want to be the only one to come up w/ time and date. I want to make sure we have the best showing possible, so we need everyones input.

As for those parts earthquake I need to get what I need t o get the car on the road again so after that Ill come up.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS with T-Tops
Engine: 312 TBI(305) 0.040 over
Transmission: out of a v-6 s-10 blazer!

Hey guys i live in pearl, i was pretty heavy into the third gen deal , but found out not to many guys around here who are! I have a 90 rs 305 auto. I would like to drive it more but found out it has a bent rim. i have 16" irocs on it and one of the front ones is bent. I tried hawks but he wants $175 for one delivered. But i might be intrested in a meet not to sure about the coast but im open to suggestions. Its good to see more people on here!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM

ya'll can count me in....sadly cant find a thirdgen to fit my desires at the moment, but im going to georgia this w/e to pickup a 94 trans am with aftermarket ram air hood, engine built to lt4, not a thirdgen, but still love em to death and wont mind hanging out.....hopefully i'll get a thirdgen with my 69 chebbie dream come true having a 3rd and 4th gen
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Count me in as well.I`ll come down to the coast for a day.July sounds great as long as its on a weekend I`m game.For you guys a little further north sounds like we could do something sometime if you want to meet up,I live in vicksburg but jacksons only 30 minutes away.Hey cure congrats on your new ride,sounds sweet.
Hey guys i live in pearl, i was pretty heavy into the third gen deal , but found out not to many guys around here who are! I have a 90 rs 305 auto. I would like to drive it more but found out it has a bent rim. i have 16" irocs on it and one of the front ones is bent. I tried hawks but he wants $175 for one delivered. But i might be intrested in a meet not to sure about the coast but im open to suggestions. Its good to see more people on here!
ivon1877 You can find wheels on here for about 50 bucks a piece or so for a decent Iroc wheel.I just found 2 rears for 100 plus shipping.They need paint but thats no big deal.I know there used to be a guy in richland who had like 20,yes,twenty camaros.Mostly thirdgens.I actually bought the set of 16x8" Irocs that are on my car now.He has all kinda crap for our cars.He has a tire shop in downtown richland.I think its called Lewis tire,and he said everything he has is for sale.For the right price.Thats been a couple of years ago though but I`m pretty sure hes still there.Here`s a pic after I painted the wheels.He carged me 100 bucks a piece but they had fair tires on them.They where an ugly gold color when I bought them.Crap cant upload a pic from where I`m at.check out my vb garage if you want to see them.Let me know if you guys around the jakson area want to get something up.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 AM

1. navycm
2. UNCLE TOM
3. 1987earthquake
4. theCure
5. ShadyGrady

Looks like were off the ground at least here w/ interest. Need to start throwing ideas around. H'burg might be a good idea since its a more central location for people and they have a track up there. I think the coast would be better since preety much every day you since lots of out muscle cars driving around and there plenty of places to stop at the beach and gather. Start throwing the places and dates out.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 AM

Hattiesburg would be more central. Go to the track one weekend.. Hub City.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 AM

Since Ive only gotten one idea as far as a date. Hows the 14/15th July sound to everyone in H'burg?

Im throwing around some ideas for a flyer nothing solid yet. My car is currently off the road need to repair some cooler lines. Should be up in a couple of weeks.

LMK what you all think.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM

sounds good to me
Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Supreme Member

me to , what location ? i'll be there .
Old 06-04-2007, 12:14 PM

I'm thinkin Hub City Dragstrip.

Originally Posted by UNCLE TOM
me to , what location ? i'll be there .
Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 PM

Car: 1990 Camaro Iroc Z
Engine: 5.0 V8 305

Hello!! I'm in Pascagoula with a 1990 Camaro Iroc Z28 and I am MORE THAN WILLING to start a club and meet up with you guys!! I love my car, hubby got it for me for our 10yr anniv. in April and I love showing it off. July 14/15 sounds good to me, but I prefer the coast because of the beach. Mine has t-tops with a 5-speed and I really enjoy cruising the beach topless!! So, I hope I can be included in this thing and really look forward to meeting you all.
Doris
Old 06-04-2007, 11:14 PM

Car: 1992 Jade Green---Trans Am Converti
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56

July is far enough away for me to have seats again. I can only make it around Hattiesburg though since the car still isn't re-titled yet.

Kevin D.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:41 AM

1. navycm
2. UNCLE TOM
3. 1987earthquake
4. theCure
5. ShadyGrady
6. Shr00m
7. ?
9. ?
10. ?

Looks like were moving along. Looks like the 14/15 will be the date so far. Leaning more towards the 14th since its a Sat. Ill need input from everyone who said they will show. I'm guessing the drag strip there will be the place.

Someone locally contact the strip and see if we'll be able to use it, I'm not familiar w/ the one in H'burg, so I dont know how they'll react to us using one area for our cars.

If no one else throws out dates and places will go w/ what we have. Im going to work on a flyer today. Anyone have ideas for what so go on it email me wheelman_1973@yahoo.com.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Going to try and make a website for us. Itll be my first go round w/ it so I hope it looks good. Ill post the link when I get it up.

Last edited by navyCM; 06-05-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM

so we got a date set for sure yet? still dont have a 3rdgen yet , but working on selling my 69 pickup still for a drop-top just picked up a 96 camaro ss 6-speed in alabama yesterday though
Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

Car: '92 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: LO3 305ci.

I've been watching this thread for a few days and figured I'd say hey. I'm here right outside of Jackson. Doesn't look like I'd be able to make the July 14/15 event, but I'll be watching for the next gathering.

Corey
Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Supreme Member

Whats up guys?I`m excited bout this.I`m gonna do my best to get off work that sat. and Hattisburg is a better location,atleast for me.Hope there is a decent turnout.That websites great.Hey Corvm,I`m from clinton.Went to highschool there,but I graduated in 94 so Idoubt we know each other anyway,used to run from the cops all over that town when I was a kid.Nice to meet ya.Good job on the website navycm,I agree with uncletom good thing you`ve done.Btw if it were on a sunday I could make it for sure,but if the track aint open on sundays keep it for saturday and I`ll just have to try to get off.With this much advance notice It shouldn`t be a problem.Thanks

Last edited by Shadygrady; 06-05-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Glad you all like the site. I hope you can get off Shady you've been a big promoter for this and would like you to make it. Im still open for dates the 14th is etched in stone. It was the only date thrown out.

I wouldnt be apposed for it to be a Sunday. I need input from everyone to make this happen. I want this to be for all of us not just the few who put out ideas.

Id like for all you to go and join the new website so we know who puts out comments. BTW Shady I fixed your pic. Anything you all want on the site go ahead and post it up. I left it open for all member of the site to edit it. I left it that way so its our site and things dont have to be run through me to be posted there.

Quick Reply: any mississippi peeps